Code of Conduct

Default Best Capucci scent for the office?

Which Capucci scent is best for the office? - Opera IV, PH, R?

Are there any that are more likely unsuitable for the office? If you can compare any of them to scents that are more talked about here, go for it. I am interested in trying a Capucci and am looking for some direction. And I could use an extra office fragrance.

Default Re: Best Capucci scent for the office?

I use R & PH at the office. Both are fairly "conservative" for office use. On me R projects a little more and also gets more compliments.

....R!
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    ....R!
    I thought that you would spend a little more time pondering your answer!

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Capucci pour Homme is an inocuous and clean little citrus frag, granted, but beyond a shadow of a doubt the great and inimitable R de Capucci is my first choice.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 7th February 2008 at 02:08 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

They would all work very well at the office
    Opera IV is as modern synthetic type like a zillion others, ph is an underrated aromatic citrus, R is by far the most original and ingenous composition, but despite being a floral-leathery 1980s chypre it is so elegant and understated that it's easily the best choice.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    I thought that you would spend a little more time pondering your answer!

. Annoyingly, I couldn't just post the one letter, the post has to be at least three characters long.

All three would be fine for the office. I agree that opera iv is quite generic but I do think it is quite well made too. Capucci pour homme is indeed highly underrated. The fact that it remains in production after forty years speaks volumes. R is amazing.
    Last edited by hirch_duckfinder; 7th February 2008 at 08:34 PM.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

reviews

Is "R" out of production?

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Is "R" out of production?
    I don't know now. Last I heard it was "still produced in very small quantities". That was some (four?) years ago. A couple of sites still stocked the 1oz size. Then last year, they all seemed to run dry and I assumed that was it. Seems to be back in stock now in a few places though.

It is not produced by the current owners of the Capucci brand (who do produce pour homme), and apparently they don't know who does, if anyone. Maybe there is just a backlog of stock floating around? I wonder if anyone other than basenoters buy it.
    Last edited by hirch_duckfinder; 7th February 2008 at 08:53 PM.

reviews

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

. Annoyingly, I couldn't just post the one letter, the post has to be at least three characters long.
    R!!
    Last edited by kbe; 7th February 2008 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

....R!
    Thanks to Hirch - I have to 10000% agree - I have two bottles of it now... the only frag in my collection of which I have 2 bottles!
    "Faites des bêtises, mais faites les avec enthousiasme !" Colette

Awesome - I ordered R. Thank you for all the replies!