Code of Conduct

Thread: RL Purple Label

Question RL Purple Label

I'm intrigued by the notes of this one and see great reviews on it, although they include complaints about projection and longevity.
    I'm ready to buy it but can't find any on-line that come boxed. All of them state "unboxed" or "tester."
    The price with the on-line retailers is generally not much cheaper than RL's own web site ($65.00). But the big problem for RL is the shipping charges.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    RM

Default Re: RL Purple Label

I bought it because of it's comparisons to Bond No.9 Bleecker Street. It's very very similar, but RL Purple Label is less sweet, less gourmandy, and thus I prefer Bleecker Street and want to sell Purple Label. Ralph Lauren was aiming for the 30+ year old men age range, and I think they hit that range well. The only problem is that I'm 20, so I'll stick with Bleecker.

I don't quite see why Douglas doesn't carry this one. There is all kinds of Polo and Black, double, triple, Romance, silver and gold, everything - but this one not. Is it limited say to the USA?

Thumbs down Re: RL Purple Label

I was very dissapointed by Purple Label.
    I was expecting a much more masculine and rich version of Mure Et Musc Extreme.
    IMHO, Purple Label is a boring, stiff, dry, stale and sterile herbal calamity.
    With a small helping of extremely sour, dried up blackberries.
    No sweetness at all, and not dry in the classy "Woody" sense of dry.
    Dry as in parched and crusty.
    The notes do look very good, but reality is much different.
    Last edited by DULLAH; 8th February 2008 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    I don't quite see why Douglas doesn't carry this one. There is all kinds of Polo and Black, double, triple, Romance, silver and gold, everything - but this one not. Is it limited say to the USA?
    Yes, limited to RL stores and Neiman Marcus. I really enjoy this scent while it lasts which is 3 hours at best.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

R.L. is my favorite fashion designer. I love his clothes. However,I am also disappointed with this scent. I consider R.L. fragrances to be my (other than Creed) fav. scents. This one though...Just doesnt do it for me.
    Last edited by mttafire; 9th February 2008 at 03:59 AM.

PerfumeWorldwide sells samples of it for $2.99

Try before you buy!
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

I receive more compliments with this scent than I do with all of my other scents put together. Purple Label must be one of those perfect scents for me.....I have no problem with this lasting.....none at all.
    Saks 5th Avenue owns the exclusive rights to this.....I'm not sure for how long....their time just might be up.....Wouldn't bother me.....Put this in Bloomy's and it would fly of off the shelves....Gary

Where I live we a have Lancome/Beauty Prestage outlet. They sell at discount all the Beauty Prestage fragances such as Drakkar, Armani, Ralph Laurent. This store is alway chuck full of Purple Label that can be bought for around $30.00.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    Where I live we a have Lancome/Beauty Prestage outlet. They sell at discount all the Beauty Prestage fragances such as Drakkar, Armani, Ralph Laurent. This store is alway chuck full of Purple Label that can be bought for around $30.00.
    Nice, what is this outlet called?

I have tried both Bleecker Street and Purple Label and agree that they are similar. With that said, I never understood what was so special about the green-vegetal-slightly gourmand smell that forms the main accord of both these fragrances. On paper, Bleecker street looks like a complex fragrance, with a smorgasboard of notes .. on my skin it falls flat, with its herbal green monotone buzz marching on with no character ...its not bad, but I guess I expected a lot more.
    -