Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Cuir Mauresque Serge Lutens

I really like this. In one sense, it's like a much more polite Knize Ten.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I love Cuir Mauresque and much prefer it over Knize Ten.
    +1. I`ve had this fragrance "on the radar" for a long time, but recently I`ve falling in love with it! Leathers has been difficult for me, but I like this one. Quite strange, because I disslike Knize Ten. It`s (IMO) the best Lutens, and I`ve just order a bottle ;-)

Excellent fragrance with fantastic longevity. I prefer it to Knize Ten (which I also like), but Royal English Leather is still the winner for me.

I've had a vice-versa development... I loved Cuir Mauresque (bell jar) and I kind of went totally 'meh' (the sweetness and 'mandarin' bugs me!), so I sold it. It's Knize Ten that I appreciate more and more for what it is. It should be splashed and not sprayed IMO.

mihailo

...I really don't like when people ask me what I'm wearing because no one will understand what Cuir Mauresque is or that it is only sold in Paris. Also I'm not exactly sure how to pronounce it.
    It is easily available from online stores ... ...theperfumeshoppe.com to name a few... Pronunciation also shouldn't be a problem: cuir-queer mauresque - similar to grotesque (just say 'mo' instead of 'grot')

Power Where You Need It

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    I've had a vice-versa development... I loved Cuir Mauresque (bell jar) and I kind of went totally 'meh' (the sweetness and 'mandarin' bugs me!), so I sold it. It's Knize Ten that I appreciate more and more for what it is. It should be splashed and not sprayed IMO.
    Agree word for word with the only exception that I love both spraying it and splashing it. Cuir Mauresque is a terrific composition but till the day I will not be able to get some Knize anymore, I don't see many reasons to own it.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Cuir Mauresque is awesome. The strange thing is that I wear it and get a mix of reactions that are alternately, "whew!" and "Oh my god, you smell AMAZING!" When I wear it, I can hear some people make audible noises indicating that they dislike it or think it's dirty-- and yet other people comment on how sexy I smell and how much they love it. There are some scents that are just like that. Antaeus is another-- when I wear Antaeus I catch some people talking about it negatively and at the same time, there are other people who behave like they want to jump my bones. It's an odd thing to wear a fragrance that you know will have widely mixed results.

I think I notice a slight batch variation between the sample I originally bought from Luckyscent and the NIB bottle I subsequently bought from eBay-- though it's kind of hard to tell because it makes a difference whether you spray or dab this one. The sample I have has a very acrid (in a oddly pleasant way) plasticky, floral gasoline accord in the opening. My bottle is a bit more buttery and smooth and actually more leathery.

This is one of my all time favorites. It's very comforting and enveloping. I do feel weird wearing it knowing that some people are going to think I stink and others are going to be awestruck. There are so many notes in this and they are perfectly balanced. I like the "gumball" topnote accord-- it always reminds me of being a kid going with my dad to the mechanic-- he'd give me a quarter to get myself a gumball-- and the shop was always full of the smell of rubber, gasoline, leather and grease.

Cuir Mauresque=masterpiece.

Received my bottle yesterday. Realy great stuff! I can`t understand why Knize Ten get all the tribute, while this one is below the radar.