Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Male equivalent to D&G Light Blue perfume

Had to stop a woman today to ask her what she was wearing even though she wasn't very attractive. Like the title says, is there anything similar to this for men? Im still considering wearing the female version if I can't find a good enough equivalent.

Default Re: Male equivalent to D&G Light Blue perfume

Versace Eau Fraiche and Paco Rabanne Black XS

Uh, you do know that there is a Light Blue for men? It looks the same as the regular D&G for men bottle except different colours.

http://www.perfumeemporium.com/mens-...our-Homme.html
    Last edited by RomanceSilver; 10th February 2008 at 03:12 AM.

versace eau fraiche is a dead ripoff of D&G light blue.....

its a plastic baby blue bottle...
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Yeah I thought about Fraiche...but wow, never thought about Black XS. I'll have to try that tommorow!
    --------------------------------------
    Yeah but I dont like DG Light Blue for men. I also dont like Polo Blue for men, but love the women's version.
    Last edited by leor_77; 10th February 2008 at 03:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Basenotes Institution

Well you could always just wear Light Blue for Women. Great scent. Or, like Hyde recommended get Black XS by Paco Rabanne. BXS is a tad more strawberry prominent, but it shares that same uplifting, fresh and bubbly accord that DGLB does. I should know - my boyfriend wears this all the time.
    "Realize deeply that the present moment is all you will ever have."

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Shalimar by Guerlain

The Versace smells like Light Blue for Men should have smelled.

The Light Blue for Men that come out form D&G just smells like incredibly lame Light Blue for Women - it has no point.

I'd say wear D&G Light Blue for women....I think a lot of members here wear it and its fine even if it is supposedly a woman's scent....I fell in love with it the day i smelt it and bought it rightaway...I wear it with aplomb....It don't matter if its a woman's scent.

But if it is something that you cannot really accept, then go for Versace eau Fraiche. Its been mentioned by the members already and it is indeed VERY similar to Light Blue pour women.

As for Black XS by Paco Rabanne, I don't think it smells ANYTHING like Light Blue for women. IMO Black XS smells like a sickeningly sweet 'concentrated strawberry jam'.

gupts

Versace Eau Fraiche has been mentioned, so how about Terre d' Hermes? It has the nice grapefruit and woods you're after, along with some "manly" earthiness, gunflint, and cedar.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

My wife & I have discovered that Moschino's I Love Love (for women) smells remarkably similar to D&G Light Blue (for women.)

The Moschino has much better longevity than the above mentioned D&G and Versace Man Eau Fraiche.

If you like this type of scent (and all three are very much alike), try the Moschino. Superior lasting power.

-David

I can barely tell the difference between Black XS and Light blue for women on a tester card
    Otherwise plenty of guys wear light blue for women
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Try Montale Soleil de Capri. You won't be dissapointed, the best alternative to D&G Light Blue (though Versace Man Eau Fraiche is next best).

Blog Entries

Man, I really wanted to like Man Eau Fraiche. The citrus was just too sharp on my skin. I was expecting it to be smoother.

P.S.....you want to try something that smells like D&G Light Blue but better...... - Eclat L'anvin.....amazing scent.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

I agree with this recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by somethinpositiv View Post
    Try Montale Soleil de Capri. You won't be dissapointed, the best alternative to D&G Light Blue.

If you like DGLB, then just go for it - even if it's supposed to be feminine. It's marketed as unisex in certain parts of the world, you know, and I know guys who wear it as well.

Basenotes Institution

Try Montale Soleil de Capri. You won't be dissapointed, the best alternative to D&G Light Blue (though Versace Man Eau Fraiche is next best).
    Interesting. I have a sample of SdC (from Robbie) and I sampled it once, I don't remember if I liked it or not. But I will look for my sample, to see if I get the D&GLB connection.

-- Eckhart Tolle

I'm confused. Is there a perfume concentration of Light Blue? You called it Light Blue perfume, as if women's fragrances are called perfume and men's are called something else, perhaps "colognes". The fact is that they're all perfumes. Perfume means "through smoke". Beyond that there are a variety of perfume concentrations, such as edc, edt, edp, pdt, parfum (pure perfume), etc.

im pretty sure bond no. 9 scent of peace is the bond that smells just like light blue for women.

Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    Had to stop a woman today to ask her what she was wearing even though she wasn't very attractive. Like the title says, is there anything similar to this for men? Im still considering wearing the female version if I can't find a good enough equivalent.
    Sorry mate cant help you,but i am sorry you had to stop a woman who wasnt very attractive !!!!!!

Sounds very shallow!!!!!
    ~~Penniless but smell Fantastic~~

Quote Originally Posted by jdnba View Post
    im pretty sure bond no. 9 scent of peace is the bond that smells just like light blue for women.
    emphasis on "for women."

Quote Originally Posted by Justaroma View Post
    Sorry mate cant help you,but i am sorry you had to stop a woman who wasnt very attractive !!!!!!

Sounds very shallow!!!!!
    Yep.

Personally, I find Scent of Peace to be much more floral (lily of the valley, specifically), and D&G Light Blue for Women to be lighter, with more emphasis on citrus and apple.

And Lanvin's Eclat d'Arpege (if that's the one you're talking about, Acceptfacts) has some similar notes, but IMO it's missing the citrus and again jas a clear floral edge, to my nose. Still, PM me if you'd like to try a few mls, Leor.

Haven't tried Versace Man Eau Fraiche, but as a woman who wears "men's" fragrances as well as traditional women's scents (thank you, Pluran, for the reminder that it's ALL perfume), I say just go for the Light Blue and enjoy the juice, forget the gender listed on the label.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...
    Currently wearing: Infusion d'Iris by Prada

emphasis on "for women."
    the only reason i thought of it was because our questioner asked for a masculine equivalent. Since male and female frags are deliniated by what the manufacturer or this website deems them to be, scent of peace is as close to masculine as he will get to the scent of light blue for women without it being labeled feminine. Scent of peace i thought was unisex...thats why i recommended it.

Basenotes Institution

Yes - I smelled my sample of Soleil de Capri tonight and it is strikingly similar to D&GLB. And to Black XS, IMO. Wow - I should add these three to that other 'similar fragrance thread we've got going. The D&G though is going to be the cheapest option of the three.

-- Eckhart Tolle

For similar scents like D&G Light Blue, I would recommend trying these ones:

-Mont Blanc Star Walker
    -Versace eau fraiche

I dont agree with Black XS and Terre D Hermes! They are very different things!

Yeah, I wondered if anyone was going to react to the OP's intense suffering in stopping a unattractive woman. Sheesh.

Anyway, Light Blue is one of my favorites and I will always own a bottle. If you like Light Blue, wear Light Blue. Oh yeah, and do drop the attitude as wearing perfume can only do so much.

Never smelled Black XS but I can't recommend Terre d'Hermes as a substitute for Light Blue.
    De gustibus non est disputandum

I've felt that Creed's Santal Imperial was what Light Blue for Men should have smelled like.

Basenotes Institution

I have a friend who is an SA in the biz.

I let him smell some Paco Rabanne Black XS for Men and he loved it, having never smelled it before. The last time I went to go see him, he took a bottle of Light Blue by D&G and a bottle of Moon Sparkle by Escada (both fragrances marketed to women) and sprayed them together (one spray each). It smelled exactly like Black XS for Men.

My wife's bottle of D&G Light Blue for women is on my dressing table. Right next to it is my bottle of the men's Black XS.

Black XS certainly isn't the most masculine scent I've come across. Nonetheless, beats me how anyone can think these two are nearly the same, or that the unambiguously feminine D&G Light Blue can in anyway be considered as something akin to a unisex scent.
    Renato

Sur la Plage

I was very impressed and smitten when I smelled D&G Light Blue pour Femme. So I too thought about trying to find a "male" equivalent. I was very under-whelmed by D&G Light Blue pour Homme and several other fragrances that I tried. So I ended up purchasing the Light Blue pour Femme and am extremely happy with my decision. I very much enjoy wearing it and receive many compliments when I do.

If you like it, wear it!