Code of Conduct

Default Is Dior Homme Intense very similar to Dior Homme?

i have the original scent which i like and have seen the new intense version advertised though i have noot smelt it yet. just wondered if they are very similar or not and which is the better one of the two.

Default Re: Is Dior Homme Intense very similar to Dior Homme?

Its at a good time you started this thread mate....I have been wearing Dior Homme for the last two days after a long break from it...Upon wearing it I realized once again how beautiful this scent is...

However it wears very close to the skin....I can smell it even after 8 hours on my skin but I have to sniff it where I applied it earlier....So longevity is good...but sillage is dismal....I was wondering too....If Dior Homme 'Intense' had resolved any of these issues?

I'd love to hear what others have to say.......

thanks in advance

gupts

They are different animals. Intense does not have to overwhelming dominance of Iris. The heart accords are very similar, you can tell that they are related. Intense is darker and 'woodier'. I quite like both.

Dior Homme intense sounds quite intereseting. I personally love wearing Homme, and find it has an almost aromatherapy-esque quality about.. there is something just really relaxing and positive about it... Although I do feel that at times it could use a bit more of some sort of edge... intense sounds like a move in this direction? i.e. in response to many questions about the "masculinity" about the scent...
    And in that regard, I do not mean in regard to the scent and not neccessarily to who is wearing it...

also, gupts: those are interesting comments, as my experience has been a bit different... I get massive sillage from Homme... I find it especially responsive to my own body chemistry and temperature... I find that while sweating (especially while playing -- I am a drummer) it just emanates (which is top be expected, I suppose) and I find these kinds of shifts add a great nuance and depth to the wearability of the fragrance. As opposed to other scents that seem to be loke "armour"...

I bought Dior Intense recently....elegant, classy fantastic and long lasting. I have since tried a test spray of Dior Homme original and although they both smell similar, the Dior Homme original did not last long on my skin.
    Go for Dior Intense for it's longevity.

I own both and think they are masterpieces . The intense is much richer and more gourmand. Both are worth owning though IMO. Longevity for the original is 6-8 hours and i get 12 hours plus with the intense. Also this stuff will get you compliments galore, they just smell simply amazing.

Yes and No.
    Yes:
    They have the same "lipstick/makeup" vibe in it.
    They are masterpieces.
    They are pretty hard to get (silver nozzle edition/early edition).

No:
    DHI has better longevity.
    DHI is sweeter, darker and richer.

I'm going to get the earlier version of DH before they dissapear. Love them both equally.

Both similar to me with Intense lasting much longer. Both great.

Intense has a little more gourmand-ness to it, has this nice chocolate addition, more emphasized than Dior Homme.
    Dior Homme has that lighter more floral appeal to it.

I have both, both are masterpieces.

I can smell almost no difference between them -- if I try one on each arm, I can detect a slight difference, but not enough to justify owning both. Intense lasts much longer on me, so that's the one I'd buy if I didn't have too many bottles as it is.

The iris note is even more pronounced in the intense version

Dior Homme is more herbal and complex, Dior Homme Intense is more gourmand and has much better longevity.

They are different enough to own both. For me DH is for formal wear, DHI for casual wear.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

Hey guys , this is my first post in these forums
    I had been lurking here for some time now :P
    Finally decided to get posting since i need your help!

I am deciding whether to get DH or DHI , the reformulated 2011 versions.
    Which one has been affected the least from the reformulation ?
    Looking at the notes of the new DHI in fragrantica , cacao seems to be missing from the formula whereas the new DH still has it.
    So does the new DHI still have the cacao note in it ? , between the two which one has more cacao ?
    And at the moment which is the better scent(new formulation) ?
    please help , need to come to a conclusion asap.
    thanks!

Very similar. Not sure it's worth owning both.