Code of Conduct

Default Guerlain - Aqua Allegoria Line

Which scents from this line are mostly passable as unisex and not overtly floral, but rather muted yet different, as I am looking for a couple of less heavy scents and these seem pretty good

Please give all suggestions, even if discontinued, as i'm prepared to hunt for them

Default Re: Guerlain - Aqua Allegoria Line

My personal fave is AA Anisia Bella...it is not floral to my nose, it is a very fresh anise. I believe it has been discontinued, but can be bought on e-bay for around $25.00. If I may suggest for a light and fresh non-floral unisex frag either L'Artisan's Navegar or Bulgari's Au The Vert (which also comes in an extreme version). These scents are extremely fresh and not decidedly feminine. Happy sniffing!

I agree -- Anisia Bella is the best and most unisex of the line.
    Still, be forewarned that all the frags in this line lack major longevity.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 10th February 2008 at 03:00 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Hmph, i'm ok about things not having longevity as long as they smell nice, I think i'll try out Anisia Bella and Herba Fresca

Mentafolia is also extremely unisex as is the Mandarine.

I love and wear Pamplelune, but I am aware of its big time fickle behavior.
    "To be irreplaceable, one must always be different!" - Coco Chanel

visit: WWW.SNIFFAPALOOZAMAGAZINE.COM

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Hmph, i'm ok about things not having longevity as long as they smell nice, I think i'll try out Anisia Bella and Herba Fresca
    I think Herba Fresca would be an excellent choice.

Happy Shopping!

Basenotes Institution

Herba Fresca (not only unisex, but in my opinion, the best of the entire AA line)
    Mandarine Basilic
    Lavande Velours
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Herba Fresca is definitely a winner from this line; probably the most popular as well.

Pampleune is my favorite, but be aware, as mentioned above, that it is controversial stuff; some people describe it as "cat piss". IMO, it's the most accurate reproduction of grapefruit anyone's done so far; it smells just as if you've rubbed grapefruit peel on yourself, (which I sometimes do, because I dig grapefruits!).

Thanks for all the suggestions guys I remember reading somewhere that Tutti Kiwi was quite funky too, despite being a tad feminine - what are your views on this?

If anyones willing to sell me tiny samples of Herba Fresca, Anisia Bella, Mandarine Basilic and Pampleune i'd be pleased, just PM me

Mikeperez, I'm not too keen on Lavande Velours, simply because I think its too old people like, but i'll give it a sniff if I see it and then form proper opinions

Mentafolia and Herba Fresca, though I love Pampleune as well.

One blog compared Mentafolia and Herba Fresca, but said Mentafolia was more fresh and light, would you agree with this, and are any notes in either, sickeningly over powering?

Basenotes Institution

One blog compared Mentafolia and Herba Fresca, but said Mentafolia was more fresh and light, would you agree with this, and are any notes in either, sickeningly over powering?
    Vivek, terms like 'fresh' and 'light' are extremely subjective. I think that all of us think of these descriptions in different ways.

Please smell these Acqua Allegoria's before you buy any of them. My 'fresh and light' could be your 'boring and irritating'.

I have not smelled Mentafolia - however many describe Mentafolia as a less interesting variation on Herba Fresca. Slightly more floral, perhaps.

I found nothing in Herba Fresca 'sickeningly over powering'.

One more AA I will recommend, although it is discontinued so it might be a little harder to get ahold of: Winter Delice.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Ofcourse i'll be smelling them before, i'll try to track as many down at my local Guerlain counters (think there's three of them, should be fun :P) and then i'll pick one or two, depending on which ones I like (maybe even none - says the wallet)

Thanks for all the great advice, i'll report back on what I decide to buy

Basenotes Institution

Ofcourse i'll be smelling them before, i'll try to track as many down at my local Guerlain counters (think there's three of them, should be fun :P) and then i'll pick one or two, depending on which ones I like (maybe even none - says the wallet)

Thanks for all the great advice, i'll report back on what I decide to buy
    Good luck. BTW - I've never encountered an AA scent at a Guerlain counter here in the US. I always see them at Sephora, though.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 10th February 2008 at 10:37 PM.

-- Eckhart Tolle

Cool Re: Guerlain - Aqua Allegoria Line

I have anisa bella though i'm not a fan of anise...so the initial burst is a bit weird to me... but after it settles with your skin it smells quite nice... and i have to say that the drydown is absolutely beautiful. Maybe if you'd like i can send you a decant... but tat said i'm from Singapore and not sure about the shipping rules about alcohol-based stuff... can i still ship?

Am also looking to buy pamplelune from this lady and wondering if it smells as bad as some reviewers say.

Unfortunately i can't find herba fresca at all... or even a sample! Depressing.