Code of Conduct

Default Dune by Christian Dior

Hi, I tested Dune today for the 1st time and once I sniffed it, it reminded me another scent. I thought for awhile, and Burberry Touch popped up. However, Dune is cleaner and quieter, yet they, IMO, are of the same type of scent.

What do you think? I also think Dune has a good sillage. I'm about to buy Touch, but I got a good offer of Dune, if I buy Dior Homme along with it. But I will get only one between Touch and Dune, which one is better in your opinion?

Cheers,
    KiatBkk
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Default Re: Dune by Christian Dior

Dune seems to be the most underrated of the Diors and the most reasonably priced. Do you like it? I've never taken the opportunity to smell it.
    Last edited by fraddicted; 10th February 2008 at 04:17 PM. Reason: sp.

smeller

I believe the top or middle notes of XS have quite a similar marine vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by smeller View Post
    I believe the top or middle notes of XS have quite a similar marine vibe.
    Yes, yes, and yes, XS also came up in my mind apart from Touch.

fraddicted, I like Dune. It's clean and sensual.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Dune is my favourite Doir and underrated imo,cant help with the comparison to touch as i havent tried it yet
    ~~Penniless but smell Fantastic~~

Davidoff's Good Life is very similar to Dune. The other ones mentioned in the thread so far aren't.
    Dune (men's) is an awesome citric/fig fragrance and it's not underrated in the real world. Could be on this confined and limited community forum, though.
    Companies axe their dormant merchendise without delay, and Dune sells well enough to be anything but underrated--in the REAL world.
    Last edited by Killer_Vavoom; 11th February 2008 at 06:04 AM.

I have it and like it. I think it's too safe to receive raves here, however it's good quality scent for spring days when you don't want something pungent.

How do Dune and The Good Life differ? I take it that they are pretty much alike, but I am curious as to what the differences are.

Which one do you prefer?

I tested Dune this weekend, but only quickly. I did like it, though, and am thinking of buying it. But maybe I should try The Good Life as well?

noggs
    Last edited by noggs; 11th February 2008 at 12:18 PM.

Whenever I see it, I think of one of my favorite Science Fiction "Dune" by Frank Herbert. Therefor I have been intrigued, though it doesn't sound like it would be much like the book - which would be slightly cinnamon, dry, spicy.

I doubt Christian Dior's "Dune" would have you smell much like a Fremen, though, or have your eyes turn blue - lol! [ <-- geek joke]
    ===
    “… [I] recall thinking that the computer would never advance much further than this. Call me naïve, but I seemed to have underestimated the universal desire to sit in a hard plastic chair and stare at a screen until your eyes cross.” ~ David Sedaris

Hello neighbour
    Actually, I said TGL is very similar to Dune

Hope you're enjoying the Arabian dagger scent - Saif Al Arab.
    I bought it shortly after you wrote your bit about it and I like it quite a bit. I smell datura in it!
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    How do Dune and The Good Life differ? I take it that they are pretty much alike, but I am curious as to what the differences are.

Which one do you prefer?

I tested Dune this weekend, but only quickly. I did like it, though, and am thinking of buying it. But maybe I should try The Good Life as well?

noggs

Cool Re: Dune by Christian Dior

Quote Originally Posted by Bromo33333 View Post
    Whenever I see it, I think of one of my favorite Science Fiction "Dune" by Frank Herbert. Therefor I have been intrigued, though it doesn't sound like it would be much like the book - which would be slightly cinnamon, dry, spicy.

I doubt Christian Dior's "Dune" would have you smell much like a Fremen, though, or have your eyes turn blue - lol! [ <-- geek joke]
    lol, but maybe Dior's Dune is addictive as well. Actually, maybe you should be put into a tank filled with the stuff and navigate around the stars.

Tee-hee.
    Last edited by Stereotomy; 11th February 2008 at 05:12 PM.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!