Code of Conduct

Thread: Old Memory

Cool Old Memory

It was either towards the end of 1965 or very early in 1966. I was given a Christmas gift of a popular, very traditional perfume, that came in a holiday edition in a tiny acorn shaped bottle. I was an impressionable 16 and loved it! Remember wearing it to my prom.

Can anyone remember what this was? I thought may Vol de Nuit, or Ma Griffe but I am not sure at all.
    Last edited by anamari; 10th February 2008 at 06:18 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Old Memory

Hi Anamari,
    If no one remembers perhaps you can find someone who knows through the International perfume bottle association http://www.perfumebottles.org/home.cfm
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

I believe it would have been Replique - it was sold in just such an acorn-shape bottle at Christmas.

It's coming back......Replique by Raphael, correct? Is that fragrance still around?

Quote Originally Posted by anamari View Post
    It's coming back......Replique by Raphael, correct? Is that fragrance still around?
    I just searched for it, and found it on Fragrance X.com - very cheap!
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Here is a vintage acorn-shaped bottle of Replique on eBay:

http://i12.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/d8/47/f62e_1.JPG
    Last edited by tang; 11th February 2008 at 09:26 PM. Reason: typo

Wink Re: Old Memory

Wow, you guys are awesome on how you can come up with everything. I wonder if I would still like it today. I do know that at 17 I felt so grownup with this fragrance! Interestingly, though, at fragrancex it does show that if you like Obsession and Shalimar (which I do and still wear), you'd like this fragrance. It just seems so cheap....

go for a vintage bottle on ebay then

While the current version of Replique isn't terrible, its barely a ghost of the original. I think too many of the original ingredients have been delisted (and removed) from the formula. I have a vintage parfum as well as EDT...the EDT has held up remarkably well, and practically makes me swoon with delight when I sniff it. Look for the vintage on ebay, its worth the effort.

Just wanted to let you guys know that I won an auction on Ebay for a small bottle of vintage Replique. Be still my heart... I can hardly wait to sniff it again and see if it impresses me as much as it did years ago.