Code of Conduct

Default Lancome Miracle Homme L'Aquatonic

Hi there.

I'm thinking of purchasing this as I've seen it on offer and would just like to know peoples good or bad opinions on it. It would be a blind buy as I can't seem to find it in any stores and the offer I've seen is from an online retailer.

I've read the directory and it sounds promising, would just like to see if I can garner any other comments from the board!

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by JoelJoel; 10th February 2008 at 06:43 PM.

Default Re: Lancome Miracle Homme L'Aquatonic

A really nice soapy green scent of the Mugler Cologne genre, but I find Aquatonic more elegant and wearable. I'm against any kind of blind buy, this one is no exception.

I quite like it. Smells very green to open (think green grass & green peppers). Mellows out into a mossy/woody base. Works well in the summer/spring but longevity appears to be an issue for me so I go heavy on the trigger.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Only considering that this can be found very inexpensively, I'd say give it a shot. If you don't like it, you're only out what, 10-15 bucks?

Think fresh cut grass with dandelions. Nothing too complex, but very nice, actually.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

I bought it blind as well. It's a good one, I quite like it in summertime. Not a friend of the opening notes, but after fifteen minutes it always makes me happy. Fresh, green and very longlasting in my case. Better than the regular Miracle Homme? Think so!
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by dr.creed View Post
    I bought it blind as well. It's a good one, I quite like it in summertime. Not a friend of the opening notes, but after fifteen minutes it always makes me happy. Fresh, green and very longlasting in my case. Better than the regular Miracle Homme? Think so!
    I had the exact same experience as drcreed. Same advice too.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Thanks everyone, I'm gonna go ahead and add this one to my collection.

The review by acrylic-hunter makes me want this in my wardrobe, lol.

Question Re: Lancome Miracle Homme L'Aquatonic

I love Creed Orig. Vetiver, Racine, the Guerlain Vetivers, and other green scents like Creed Green Valley, and Bowling Green. Green Valley is about the sweetest I can go.
    I like the heart note of Mugler except for the feminine edge it has, also it's too synthetic and transparent in the base and top.
    Will I like L'Aquatonic ?

Is it too sweet?
    (GV, GIT, MI, Sean John Multi-Platinum, and Fierce are the sweetest scents I own)
    Is it too synthetic?

What other scents would you compare it to in terms of sweetness and richness/concentration ?
    Last edited by DULLAH; 4th November 2008 at 12:16 AM.

I love this one.

Another big fan here!

When the weather starts to warm up, this is one of the fragrances that I look forward to wearing.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    I love Creed Orig. Vetiver, Racine, the Guerlain Vetivers, and other green scents like Creed Green Valley, and Bowling Green. Green Valley is about the sweetest I can go.
    I like the heart note of Mugler except for the feminine edge it has, also it's too synthetic and transparent in the base and top.
    Will I like L'Aquatonic ?

Is it too sweet?
    (GV, GIT, MI, Sean John Multi-Platinum, and Fierce are the sweetest scents I own)
    Is it too synthetic?

What other scents would you compare it to in terms of sweetness and richness/concentration ?
    I think it resembles Vetiver Extreme by Guerlain.

I own LMHL'A, but I find myself reaching for it less and less. Which is ok, since I scored my bottle really cheap. But for my 'green' fix I tend to reach for Vetiver by Guerlain and/or Green, green, green and green by Miller et Bertaux.

I do not think LMHL'A is too sweet. It's just too...simple for me, IMO.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 4th November 2008 at 02:48 AM.

I am the odd one out here. Bought it blind and regretted it, BIG TIME.

Miracle Homme is one of my favs. So, when I saw an L'Aquatonic on eBay and could not test in locally, I had to grab it. It was my worse blind ever. It was creamy, sweet and green. However, the green is not natural. Every time I wore it I had a bad headache. I tried using it as room spray to no avail. It still gave me headaches. I tried selling on Basenotesí Market Place and again no avail, so I ended up selling it cheap on eBay for something like AUD $10 (less than USD $7). What a waste.

For the record, and apart from the headache inducing aspect of it, I donít think it is wearable. Being green it maybe, in my view it is too cloying especially in summer. And, just because a scent is sweet and smooth, it does not necessarily mean the scent is elegant.

I will take TM Cologne, any day. Heck, better still, Creed OV.

Try before you buy.

I find this one refreshing.

I wear this one all the time in the spring/summer. This could be Lancome's best men's frag currently available. The greens are crisp and bold, the spices just right and the wood is luxurious
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

I'm a fan also....I also have Miracle Pour Homme.....Both are very nice.
    Gary