Code of Conduct

Default Suggestions for my wife!

She has a skin chemistry that tends to suck the sweetness right out of a scent. When she wears a "girly candy" style of perfume, it smells normal. If she wears something normal - it becomes bone dry.

She is searching for a sweet musk perfume ........

So ... any suggestions for a vanilla musk? Something that would normally be syrupy sweet?

(Musc Ravageur oil was off smelling, L'Artisan Jour de fete was just bitter smelling, but on me was like pralines and cream ... )
    ===
    [I] recall thinking that the computer would never advance much further than this. Call me nave, but I seemed to have underestimated the universal desire to sit in a hard plastic chair and stare at a screen until your eyes cross. ~ David Sedaris

Off-Scenter

Default Re: Suggestions for my wife!

Becker.eshaya Golden Amber? Costume National Scent Intense? Creed Spring Flower? Diptyque Eau Lente? MPG Ambre Precieux? Les Nereides Imperial Opopanax? Dawn Spencer Hurwitz Cimabue? Molinard Nirmala? Just let her just try to suck the syrup out of Arabie, Rousse, Fleurs d'Oranger, Louve, or Un Bois Vanille.

Lots of sweet amber on this list maybe it'll actually balance out on her.

Montale's Sweet Oriental Dream ~ excessively sweet and powdery.
    Lolita Lempicka ~ very sweet, ambery wood base.
    Luten's Louve ~ Absolutely marzipan!
    Philosophy's Falling In Love ~ Blackberry (although not extremely sweet) but this one does have sort of a musky/wooded base.

Bath and Body Works products are also pretty sweet, as well as some of the Victoria's Secret stuff. The shower gels and body lotions make for a nice sweet base for your desired scent. Happy sniffing!

Gaultier2 -- amber, musk, and vanilla.

Notoriously sweet, and I love it.

I second ubuandibeme's suggestion for the Victoria's Secret stuff to use as a base. Their Secret Garden body butter range is fantastic and SUPER sweet. I layer these under some of my perfumes and they make a sweet perfume even sweeter! I find layering keeps the body's own chemistry from interfering as much with a scent.

Sweet vanilla musk:
    Gucci Rush, one of my current faves.
    D&G Feminine, gorgeous vanilla musk drydown.
    Carolina Herrera 212 Sexy, slightly candyish vanilla musk drydown, but not juvenile.
    Molinard Les Senteurs Vanille, rich vanilla bourbon.
    Keiko Mecheri Passiflore, fruity, syrupy, quite rich I think.
    Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy, this one reminds me of Passiflore.

Perhaps a perfume oil might not alter as much on your wife's skin. I haven't tried a lot of oils but Michele Bergman Black Amber has a lovely amber/vanilla drydown. Maybe worth exploring threads relating to perfume oils on Basenotes?

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Guerlain Angelique Noire: Quality vanilla scent with just enough green to make this vanilla one of a kind. Wonderful sillage. You can get a sample or decant from ThePerfumedCourt.com. It may seem pricey, but a little goes a long way.

Black Orchid and Hanae Mori.
    Rather than sampling the brand products, I extremely recommend getting oil dupes from The Fragrance Shop. I've tested a number of their scents, and they happen to have matched and maybe even improved upon both of these two popular fragrances. TFS's frags are sold in pure oil form--giving them much truer, richer potency, which may just what your wife needs. Samples are just $3.50 (look for "samples" link in red at top of the window). They also offer 26 kinds of musk!

Chopard Mira Bai. Always reviewed highly, but not very well known because it came out a few years back. Can now be found online for about $14. Black currant and soft flowers, with base notes of sandalwood and sweet pralines.

Renee Musk: Available from Lucky Scent. Notes: Bergamot, lavender, sweet orange, rose de mai, creamy musks, earthen woods, amber, tonka and vanilla.

What about Hermessence Ambre Narguile? Granted, I haven't smelled it yet, but I was reading reviews on it last night and it sounded good enough to eat. Can anyone verify?

Ava Luxe Loves true Bluish Light is a sweet vanilla musk.

Try the latest Versace and Elixir des Mervilles. Oh and my absolute fav......ALIEN!!!!
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com