Code of Conduct

Default Updated alternatives to Drakkar Noir

I've got this friend who wears Drakkar Noir, simply because he doesn't know what else to get. I'm of the school of thought that says Drakkar Noir, while once a timely and perhaps even pleasant fragrance, is now very dated and should by all rights have died off years ago. Can anyone suggest some more modern alternatives for someone who likes this frag?
    "Ad astra, per alia porci."

Default Re: Updated alternatives to Drakkar Noir

I've heard some agree with the similarities, and some disagree, but I personally think Anvers is somewhat similar to Drakker.

http://www.aedes.com/product.php?product_id=1054
    http://www.basenotes.net/ID26122794.html
    Last edited by nsamadi; 12th February 2008 at 06:48 AM.

tonino lamborghini edp

Caesars Man
    Grigio Perla

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Lomani Cologne.

You won't find it easily, I am afraid, but it's the gentler, more restrained, original Drakkar !
    I do not really know whether this or Noir came first, as I haven't found many details about it. Also think in the direction of Moustache by RochasI None of these I can call modern though.
    Last edited by narcus; 12th February 2008 at 09:47 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Atman by Phat Farm shares some similarities.

English Blazer.. Very cheap!!

.................................................. ...................I'm gonna memorize your name.. and then i'm gonna throw my head away!!........:bounce:.............

Biagiotti Uomo
    Lagerfeld Photo
    Ce message provient du Québec!

It's not cheap and it's not in every department store but it fits the bill for what you're looking for: Jo Malone Amber & Lavender Cologne.

It's something the Drakkar Noir wearer would feel comfortable in, but it's modern (well, timeless) and smells great. It's usually my go-to scent for formal occasions. Compliments galore.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    It's not cheap and it's not in every department store but it fits the bill for what you're looking for: Jo Malone Amber & Lavender Cologne.

It's something the Drakkar Noir wearer would feel comfortable in, but it's modern (well, timeless) and smells great. It's usually my go-to scent for formal occasions. Compliments galore.
    I agree wholeheartedly. This is one of my favorites. It's one of the most serious, no-nonsense, grownup masculine frags out there. It smells great to me, and I agree that it's most appropriate for formal or serious occasions. It does smell more modern than Drakkar Noir, but I'm not sure why. Perhaps because it is simpler and better behaved, hence more elegant.

noggs

Michael Edwards has developed an automated fragrance selector.

You select a fragrance and it generates recommendations of three similar fragrances.

For Drakkar Noir, it suggests Cabaret Homme (Gres), Pasha de Cartier (Cartier) and Garrigue (Maître Parfumeur et Gantier)

I have not tried any of these three, but at least it gives you a few more to sample.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Duc De Vervins by Houbigant to me is a more refined, higher quality Drakkar Noir.

Ditto on Duc de Vervins and Grigio Perla.

lagerfeld photo sounds so perfect - i have both - DN and photo...however, photo too smells dated...comparison with pasha is totally out of place...
    Last edited by jenson; 12th February 2008 at 07:02 PM.

Duc de Vervins & Gucci Nobile are both veryclose.

Drakkar is what all, I mean ALL the brothers wore in the clubs while i lived in L.A. (89-95) I honestly cant think of ANY reason to wear it. If you like it...Then go for it. Sorry, Cant help you.

akenep

What is the link for Michael Edwards has developed an automated fragrance selector?

Thanks for all the great suggestions, folks! I'm forwarding him the list thus far. If anyone else comes up with anything, I'll let him know that too. =)
    "Ad astra, per alia porci."

Quote Originally Posted by akenep View Post
    What is the link for Michael Edwards has developed an automated fragrance selector?
    For Male fragrances:
    http://www.fragrance-editions.com/fa...id=2139&type=M

For Female fragrances:
    http://www.fragrance-editions.com/fa...id=2139&type=F
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Yeah, I'm going to suggest Duc de Vervins also. There's an extreme version, but I think think original is a little nicer. Nobile would as well, but that's hard to come by.

FWlW, I think at the price DdV goes for, I'd stay with Drakkar, unless price is no object.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

Exclamation Re: Updated alternatives to Drakkar Noir

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post

For Drakkar Noir, it suggests Cabaret Homme (Gres), Pasha de Cartier (Cartier) and Garrigue (Maître Parfumeur et Gantier)
    Hi 2Roads, I've tried Cabaret by Gres and Pasha de Cartier. None of them are similar to Drakkar Noir IMO. Albeit They are fresh, somewhat soapy and nice scents...

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    THANK YOU! I didn't even know this existed
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.