Code of Conduct

Default I love Muscs Koublaï Khän

Muscs Koublaï Khän is my favorite "fur" perfume. the sensual animalic yet refined radiance and polished silkiness, the sheer luminosity asserting its irresistible luxurious charm in a lingering feminine trail on the skin is so beautiful by a cold winter day.

Default Re: I love Muscs Koublaï Khän

"lingering feminine trail" - you got that right!

On my skin, its barely animalic...I mostly get a pleasant sweet musky smell with minute animalic tinges.

I need a more potently animalic juice for my inner savage beast!
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    "lingering feminine trail" - you got that right!

On my skin, its barely animalic...I mostly get a pleasant sweet musky smell with minute animalic tinges.

I need a more potently animalic juice for my inner savage beast!

I find Muscs Koublaï Khän more complex than that, I get both animalic and clean musk notes that are very polished and silky giving it its feminine character unlike Musc Ravageur for instance that comes up much sweeter and also powdery (wich is also feminine on the skin but in a total different way) whose sillage is more powerful and dries down on the gourmand side.

I've only tried it from the wax sample, but I loved it. I thought it was absolutely refined and polished but still very sexy. A thing of beauty.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

It's on my wish list.

....I'm with ZZ...
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Is there a dirtier scent than MKK?
    I've sniffed Dzing - it smells like a circus ringmaster's boots, or maybe a riding school. But I like a tinge of sweetness with the musk.
    L'Air de Rien was good but I didn't find it dirty at all - it's a nice vanillic amber.

Yes, me too, I'm in the same boat as zz and Tao. Plus, the musk gets quite soapy on my skin, reminding me inevitably of shaving foam.
    The fabled wild warrior from the steppe totally escapes me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

I've only tried the solid sample too so I'd need to try it more thoroughly I think.

Ava Luxe's Kama or the Extreme version are more "dirty" musk to me (both of which I love). They are not as silky as MKK to my nose.
    ~Grenouille knew for certain that unless he possesed this scent, his life would have no meaning.~
    Perfume: The Story of a Murderer

There's a difference between dirty musk and poo, though. :P

For those who want something extremely beautiful but dirtier go for Narcisse Noir in extrait if possible the vintage. (the edt has less civet but more musk and smells soapier).
    Last edited by Our Lady of the Flowers; 13th February 2008 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Indiscreet View Post
    Is there a dirtier scent than MKK?
    I've sniffed Dzing - it smells like a circus ringmaster's boots, or maybe a riding school. But I like a tinge of sweetness with the musk.
    L'Air de Rien was good but I didn't find it dirty at all - it's a nice vanillic amber.
    I honestly think that different people have different abilities to smell "dirtiness" in musks and other animalic notes, so you have to try and find which fragrances work for you. I haven't tried MKK, but I found the civet and sweetness in Dzing to be a bit much. When I first smelled L'Air du Rien, there was definitely something lurking in it that triggered a "don't go there" reaction in me. I actually like it, but when I wore my sample all day I had the weird experience of becoming sensitized to the smell of my own breath--if I ate something I'd have to brush immediately. If not for that, I'd love it.

Recently, I discovered Jicky in the PDT form, which has a ton of civet and light sweetness, balanced by fresher lavender and lemon notes. This may be the right animalic skin scent for me. I definitely want to try MKK though....it's interesting to see how I react to these different scents.

MKK is the best blend of animal notes I have worn. It is extremely well balanced sensual eroticism in a bottle. Works well for me day or evening. My next full bottle purchase without a doubt.

As lookingglass mentioned, Ava Luxe Kama Extreme provides a suitable alternative for those looking for a “dirtier” musk or more civet. The Different Company Rose Poivree (my second favorite animal scent) is another worth testing for those interested in a rose/civet scent. My favorites for castoreum are Caron Yatagan and Dior Jules—daring, bold, sexy, masculine.
    Last edited by Sloan; 13th February 2008 at 04:14 PM.