Code of Conduct

Thread: musks

Just Starting Out Sponsors

Default musks

I hear a lot of people talk about white musks, dark musks etc but whats the difference. I think im struggling to know what musk smells like.

I have CK Be which many people say is one of the best white musks but all i smell is the top notes,, i get berry like smells. I also have Burburry Touch but again i mainly get the top note of violet. is their any scent thats mainly just a white musk so i can spot it?

What would be a typical dark/heavy musk scent without too much else in their to distract?

Off-Scenter

Default Re: musks

Quote Originally Posted by softmatty View Post
    ...What would be a typical dark/heavy musk scent without too much else in their to distract?
    Kiehl's Original Musk
    Muscs Koublai Khan

Dependent
    Blog Entries

Frederick Malle's Musc Ravageur

Layering Musk - Kiehl's Original Musk
    Sexual Musk - Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur
    Dark and Dirty Musk - Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    Powdery Musk - Lorenzo Villoresi Musk
    White Musk - Montale White Musk
    --------------------------------------
    Vaginal Musk - Kingdom
    Last edited by somethinpositiv; 14th February 2008 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

Ava Lux has a White Musk that I love. Jovan has a white musk that you can easily sniff at the drugstore. Some people say that white musk smells clean, while others say it smells creamy, like a baby's clean head.

Other dark musks are Ava Lux's Kama, BPAL's Snake Oil, and (again with the drugstore), Coty's Wild Musk.

Musks are everywhere. Wait for the drydown.
    ~Grenouille knew for certain that unless he possesed this scent, his life would have no meaning.~
    Perfume: The Story of a Murderer

Aha! thats suddenly made the smell click. like a babys clean head, now im definatly smelling it and beginning to wish id used less CK Be this morning, asim really identifying the white musk! will try and have a look for the other suggestions in the evening,

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by somethinpositiv View Post
    Vaginal Musk - Kingdom
    I've got nothing relevant to add to this topic, but fucking LOL at that.

Sur la Plage

For white musks, I really like the new White Musk for Men by The Body Shop.

"A modern, masculine, and sensual scent that's an infusion of musk and woods with crisp, fresh, and aromatic notes."

http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds..._the_body.html

Quote Originally Posted by softmatty View Post
    Aha! thats suddenly made the smell click. like a babys clean head, now im definatly smelling it and beginning to wish id used less CK Be this morning, asim really identifying the white musk! will try and have a look for the other suggestions in the evening,

thanks!
    You are very welcome!

In Kingdom, I think it is the cumin and not musk that reminds some of "unclean lady parts". I don't find it particularly musky.
    ~Grenouille knew for certain that unless he possesed this scent, his life would have no meaning.~
    Perfume: The Story of a Murderer

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post

"A modern, masculine, and sensual scent that's an infusion of musk and woods with crisp, fresh, and aromatic notes."

I just tried this and own a bottle myself now too!

Actually havnt managed to find any other suggestion! Not even Jovan yet. Even the shops selling Serge Lutens didnt carry Muscs Kublai Khan. Ordered a sample of Musc Ravageur though so looking forward to trying that.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post

:-) I suspect I would probably prefer this one to the feminine version that Body Shop do. My daughter wears that, but I've never got on with it. I'll be sure and check this one out next week.
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby