Code of Conduct

Thread: Selection Verte

Default Selection Verte

So, it seems that the only way to buy this is in a huge flacon.....any suggestions on places to buy it in some smaller sizes? Point me in the right direction guys!!!
    Current Wishlist: Vetiver Extraordinaire, Rousse & Opus 1870

Default Re: Selection Verte

I suggest you blind buy a lifetime supply of this. That's all I have to say.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic View Post
    I suggest you blind buy a lifetime supply of this. That's all I have to say.
    I must agree. SV is IMO the best Creed scent. Only second to the limited edition and discontinued Feuille Verte.

You have three choices: Buy a decant. Buy a tester bottle that you see online for sale thru a re-seller that might be real or might be fake. Buy a flacon.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

I have an authentic rare 2.5oz tester bottle I got from Scentiments last year for $70. They have not had that size in stock since.

So, since you all know about my upcoming Amazon purchase, does anybody know anything about the following vendors (they're the ones that offer it on Amazon):
    Fragrancenet
    Personal Belongings
    Jubees Health and Beauty Gallery

Any thoughts on those vendors? I'd really like to buy this (I love the smell of mint...it might be my favorite smell). Thanks.

I don't know about the other two, but if you go with fragrancenet, it should be pretty easy to find a coupon code here on basenotes or elsewhere.

Fragrancenet is pretty decent, but no one can beat scentiements' combo of pricing and shipping. SM is right about the 2.5 tester not being in stock for a LONG time.
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by primetime34 View Post
    So, since you all know about my upcoming Amazon purchase, does anybody know anything about the following vendors (they're the ones that offer it on Amazon):
    Fragrancenet
    Personal Belongings
    Jubees Health and Beauty Gallery

Any thoughts on those vendors? I'd really like to buy this (I love the smell of mint...it might be my favorite smell). Thanks.
    Well, are you considering buying a flacon from these vendors listed above? If so, I wouldn't worry about it - I can't imagine anyone going through the trouble of creating a fake Creed flacon. If I'm wrong guys - please chime in. However, if you're considering buying a 'tester' from them, well then proceed at your own risk.

Personally I haven't bought from these Amazon vendors.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 14th February 2008 at 03:48 AM.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Honestly, if someone can duplicate a Creed flacon full of convincing private collection product, then hats off to them!
    Last edited by Scentronic; 14th February 2008 at 03:53 AM.

Last edited by Rockford; 16th February 2008 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockford View Post
    I am curious --- what is the longevity experience that some others have had with Selection Verte? Does anyone have a technique for making it last longer?
    With SV I spray my inner elbows from a few inches away, let it dry for a minute, then spray the same spots AGAIN. Lasts ALL day for me.

Last edited by Rockford; 16th February 2008 at 02:52 AM.

I wore creed all day today, and a bit more recently, than in the past, and I must say... I really want to get more creeds lol. I think I may investigate SV. Really wish I could find FV, but seems impossible..

Well I'm getting pretty fired up for SV.....I think I'll order that tomorrow...it'll be great!!

Thumbs up Re: Selection Verte

Well I'm getting pretty fired up for SV.....I think I'll order that tomorrow...it'll be great!!

Go for it! It's a great juice.

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Why doesn't someone do a bottle split for Selection Verte? 1 oz bottles maybe.....

It'd be a great way for all of us to try 'supposedly' the best Creed

gupts

In all honesty, Id say just spring for the whole 8 ounces.

I got mine from Scentiments in June and I paid around $160, I think...which for 8 ounces of anything is NOT a bad price.
    "To be irreplaceable, one must always be different!" - Coco Chanel

visit: WWW.SNIFFAPALOOZAMAGAZINE.COM

Does anyone know if this was made for Cary Grant, or commissioned much earlier on for the son of Napoleon III?

(Not to change the focus of this thread into truth in a house's advertising, but Stewart, no matter what you hear, read, is suggested to you, there's a lot of promotional dubiousness about what was created for whom, who "inspired" what, and who wore what. Finding certainty about any of these questions is something I would call impossible.
    --Chris)
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Its just tough to beat ANY Creed.

i'm was going to go with scentiments on my s.v. purchase for the spring.. so you guys better not buy up the last one! i'm gonna be pissed if i see an 'alert me' next to that selection verte in the coming month!

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGallacher View Post
    Does anyone know if this was made for Cary Grant, or commissioned much earlier on for the son of Napoleon III?
    I also read that this was Freud's Creed choice.......?!?! I'm afraid to know more....

SV is indeed one of the best Creed's to my nose. I get nice longevity from it as well. It outlasts all of the Millesime's except GIT on my skin. Minty, citrus and pepper. Seemingly simple but just perfect all year round'.

Eric

I got one today. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sleekblackroadster View Post
    i'm was going to go with scentiments on my s.v. purchase for the spring.. so you guys better not buy up the last one! i'm gonna be pissed if i see an 'alert me' next to that selection verte in the coming month!
    Don't worry...it won't be me.

SV actually feels cool on my skin when I spray it on. Anyone else get this feeling?

Quote Originally Posted by samplermike View Post
    SV actually feels cool on my skin when I spray it on. Anyone else get this feeling?

Actually, yes I do. I don't follow why it's more cooling than other juices but it is. Perhaps it's Freud working his magic (see my post above...)...OK, that's not it but it is cooling and refreshing. I still think it works well in winter too.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by samplermike View Post
    As a reviewer said, its "essentially air conditioning in a bottle". Its the best of a very impressive and varied collection of Creed citruses. And Creed are extremely good at citrus/aromatic fragrances.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    As a reviewer said, its "essentially air conditioning in a bottle".
    That reviewer was me!

I think the tingly feeling is a chemical reaction when the mint and pepper hit your skin; like Vick's VapoRub or Ben Gay cream.
    Last edited by samplermike; 15th February 2008 at 01:54 AM.

I agree creed should sell 4.0's of Selection Verte.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    I agree creed should sell 4.0's of Selection Verte.
    And Feuille Verte. God, please put this back in production!!!

So can you not even get Feuille Verte? I'm really excited to put air conditioning on me!!

So can you not even get Feuille Verte? I'm really excited to put air conditioning on me!!
    "Feuille Verte or "Green Leaf" Cologne by Creed - mandarin, lime, oak moss, vanilla, bulgarian rose, and jasmine absolute."

It was only out for one year and only 100 flacons were made for Father's Day 2006. It costs $375. It is nearly impossible to find and the value has probably gone up if you have a new bottle.
    Last edited by samplermike; 15th February 2008 at 03:09 AM.

A kind Basenoter gave me a sample of Feuille Verte. It was very nice. Very nice.
    An 8.4oz flacon at $375 was really not that outrageous of a price PER OUNCE.
    But, having to drop $375 all at once inhibited many of us from trying it.

I do hope then bring it back, unmodified, but I'm not holding my breath for it.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by trumpet_guy View Post
    A kind Basenoter gave me a sample of Feuille Verte. It was very nice. Very nice.
    An 8.4oz flacon at $375 was really not that outrageous of a price PER OUNCE.
    But, having to drop $375 all at once inhibited many of us from trying it.

I do hope then bring it back, unmodified, but I'm not holding my breath for it.
    I have spoken to a person very high up in the Creed US division - who formally responded to my inquiry about Feuille Verte and told me that Creed is NOT going to release Feuille Verte as a regular scent.

I have a sample also and it is AMAZING stuff. I plan on using up my sample very slowly to make it last.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I have spoken to a person very high up in the Creed US division - who formally responded to my inquiry about Feuille Verte and told me that Creed is NOT going to release Feuille Verte as a regular scent.
    In the foreseeable future maybe. I bet that's what they said to the people they created the Private Collection for. I'm sure it will be released someday perhaps 10 or 20 years down the road.

well damn this thread comes along and of course scentiments is out of stock now!

fragrancenet really does have some slow processing but i guess i'm stuck with trying them. if my green irish tweed and millesime imperial come in next week and look/smell the part then i'm going to jump on that s.v. before you all hype it up too much to everyone!

I may have posted this so appologies for a repeat but, although I do love SV for what it is, I found that I can not easily wear it. It seems that if you put enough on to be noticeable, it can get cloying and dare I say headachy. I love the naturalist mint. I think it is the pepper and woods that might swarm up which is funny because I don't detect it in the actual fragrance. A unique fragrance for sure and someday I might own it again. For now, I have to rate it as inpractical. For the cost and trouble to make sure you have a fresh batch, the are less tempermental fragrances to be had for 2/3 less the cost that delivers satisfaction.

I feel the same about FV. It is amazing but when I tried a full blast to my wrist when it hit Neimans, it was Heaven for all of about 5 mins. No matter how hard I plunged my nose into my wrist, I simply could no smell it and to me, that effect is not worth the $400 it went for.

Does anyone know if Creed plans to continue its production of new batches of Selection Verte (and Cypress Musk for that matter) or will they eventually become unavailabe as Feuille Verte is?

Quote Originally Posted by scentsual View Post
    Does anyone know if Creed plans to continue its production of new batches of Selection Verte (and Cypress Musk for that matter) or will they eventually become unavailabe as Feuille Verte is?
    SV and CM are both Private Collection and should always be in production. Feuille Verte was only available for Father's day 2006 and only 100 flacons were produced, thus making it extremely rare.

Most Creeds remind me that I am wearing a very fine fragrance, but Sélection Verte makes me feel as if I am in a different social class altogether. Deliciously high quality.

Order time is tomorrow...I can't wait to get it!!