Code of Conduct

Talking Axe Dark Temptation: omg, they've copied.....

Today I smelled the new Axe Dark Temptation for the first time, and guess which 'best-selling' upmarket fragrance they've copied this time?

A*Men

Of course that was to be expected, looking at the commercials, but still it's funny to sample it for the first time and think: "Omg, one scent less I can wear from my wardrobe".

Watch the commercial on YouTube

But secretly, it smells fine. It's the A*Men formula: dark chocolate and burned caramel. I guess if you're a sweet tooth and like A*Men, but you're still in High School and can't afford it, Axe Dark Temptation will do. And if they ever issue an Eau de Toilette version of it (I like Axe Eau de Toilettes btw), then I might even consider buying it.
    Last edited by Stereotomy; 15th February 2008 at 03:27 PM.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Default Re: Axe Dark Temptation: omg, they've copied.....

Now I'm hoping that this doesn't come to the USA... all of a sudden, my favorite scent will then be ruined!

Damn you, Unilever!
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

I don't own A*Men but I had a spray of this last week and I got something very reminiscent of Bvlgari Black. It smelt almost identical to me and could easily be used in harmony with it imo.

I've never seen an Axe Edt.....just the body spray. Based on everyone's comments, I assume they have very little staying power.
    Current Wishlist: Vetiver Extraordinaire, Rousse & Opus 1870

I assume we are all talking about the body spray primetime, as I too have never seen any EDT's of Axe (Or Lynx as its called over here in the UK!)

Sur la Plage

Apparently it is very "chocolaty":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT64sfNWEbw

Going back to the point about Axe/Lynx always copying 'best selling' scents, has anyone noticed the the EXACT similarity between Axe Vice and Lacoste Red? It's uncanny...

I wonder if that would also be a good deodorant for use in conjunction with B*Men. Right now I use Axe Unlimited for that, which is pretty close, too. From that perspective, Axe copying designer scents is a good thing: you don't have to buy those ridiculously overpriced original deos for each and every scent you own.
    Last edited by fakepurseninja; 14th February 2008 at 05:57 PM.

What are they trying to portray? That picture of that dark guy is hideous.

The Axe edt is called Axe Lab. It's been pulled from shelves probably because it was not selling with a price tag of $29.99.
    http://www.axelab.net/

Blog Entries

I use Clix with Bulgari Aqua. Blasphemous yes, but it's not a bad or far fetched combo.

Quote Originally Posted by JoelJoel View Post
    I don't own A*Men but I had a spray of this last week and I got something very reminiscent of Bvlgari Black. It smelt almost identical to me and could easily be used in harmony with it imo.
    Nuh, I own both (A*Men and Bulgari Black) and I really wouldn't put Bulgari Black into the equation with Axe Dark Temptation. (Only ruining A*Men is quite enough, thank you )
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by fperdices View Post
    The Axe edt is called Axe Lab. It's been pulled from shelves probably because it was not selling with a price tag of $29.99.
    http://www.axelab.net/
    Ah, I didn't know that. Here in Europe, it's just called 'Axe Eau de Toilette' and it comes in 50 or 100 ml black bottles, and each fragrance has its own label on the generic bottle. And the 100ml (4.2 oz) version only costs 9 EUR! (approx 12-13 USD)

The quality of the Axe EdT is very, very good. Relatively speaking, I mean. I have to admit they do smell quite more refined than you would expect from the brand. It's much better than most people would expect because of their bad experiences with Axe deodorants.
    Last edited by Stereotomy; 15th February 2008 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Click smells similar to Joop! Jump in my opinion. The only thing is I get headaches from Jump, whilst Click used to be fine...
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Just saw this commercial today... how long has this been in U.S.?

I hope nobody mistakes my Pure Coffee for dark temptation... (
    Immediate Wishlist: CDG Palisander/Avignon

I noticed that one of the axe scents smells identical to Chrome, I believe its called Kilo, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by MyScentedLife View Post
    I noticed that one of the axe scents smells identical to Chrome, I believe its called Kilo, or something.
    That one'd be Clix for sure, Clix is the "aquatic" of their line. Kilo is a sweet woody frag.
    Last edited by Royal; 28th July 2009 at 01:26 AM.

I've tried the body spray and it smelled exactly like a mixture of cheap shampoo and dirt. I really don't get the A*men comparison at all.

Ever since I saw that advert. I wanted to try this as I assumed that it'd be like A*men and that I could use the deo on days I didn't want to wear A*men....So far I have not tested this...I must do it..

I'm still an avid fan of Pulse myself. The chocolate man is like a horror version of Easter bunny chocolate type candy. Freaks me out
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Axe commercials never fail to make me roll my eyes back into my head so far it hurts. Chocolate guy is most definitely creepy.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    Ever since I saw that advert. I wanted to try this as I assumed that it'd be like A*men and that I could use the deo on days I didn't want to wear A*men....So far I have not tested this...I must do it..
    Don't bother. Axe/Lynx have resorted to the good old trick many designer releases now use - put all the emphasis in the top notes. The mid notes and drydown of Dark Temptation are no different to the cheap deordarant spray smell Axe/Lynx is well-renowned for.

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310 View Post
    Now I'm hoping that this doesn't come to the USA... all of a sudden, my favorite scent will then be ruined!

Damn you, Unilever!
    Couple of months ago you could see this commercial in Croatia every bloody day, every hour on any programme.

Quote Originally Posted by veuve amiot View Post
    Axe commercials never fail to make me roll my eyes back into my head so far it hurts. Chocolate guy is most definitely creepy.
    I'm with you there...

About 20 years ago, the guy who started the lynx advertising campaign lived in the flat upstairs from me. He rapidly moved on to a larger abode.
    That flat had the touch. The guy who lived there before was heavily involved in the development of data transmission by radio (i.e. internet access on mobile devices). He bought a huge house too.
    I carried on strummin' away down in the basement.....
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    About 20 years ago, the guy who started the lynx advertising campaign lived in the flat upstairs from me. He rapidly moved on to a larger abode.
    That flat had the touch. The guy who lived there before was heavily involved in the development of data transmission by radio (i.e. internet access on mobile devices). He bought a huge house too.
    I carried on strummin' away down in the basement.....
    Hey, if that flat ever becomes vacant again...

I know this is an extra-old thread, and that everyone will hate me for opening this back up, but I just wanted to say that the Axe Dark Temptation reminds me exactly of Calvin Klein Euphoria Intense for Men. That's the first thing that came to my mind when I tried the Dark temptation body wash. I'd rather have the actual Euphoria Intense because it's more sophisticated.

I also have a bottle of Axe Lab in my collection. It's not a bad fragrance, but it smells like something a high school kid would wear. I'm actually too embarrassed to put that stuff on because of how cheap and synthetic it smells.