Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Hugo Dark Blue!

  1. #1

    Default Hugo Dark Blue!

    does anyone have similar scents to hugo dark blue? or in between hdb and code?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Hugo Dark Blue!

    Hugo has some similarities to the now discontinued DK Unleaded, which in turn, I find very similar to D'Orsay's Le Dandy.
    Oh please, if everyone around here is going to start telling the truth, I'm going to bed. - The House of Yes

  3. #3

    Default Re: Hugo Dark Blue!

    Try Lacoste Cool Play, that's the blue one, I think it pretty much resembles Dark Blues drydown, with a lot of added (synthetic) freshness.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Hugo Dark Blue!

    Similar to John Varvatos which is in the same family of Bvlgary Black.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Hugo Dark Blue!

    Ah! Thank u all, basenotesmembers are the best!

  6. #6

    Default Re: Hugo Dark Blue!

    To me, Dark Blue is a mossy ambery fougere scent - sort of like a cross between Boss Elements Aqua and Fahrenheit.
    Renato

  7. #7

    Default Re: Hugo Dark Blue!

    Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    To me, Dark Blue is a mossy ambery fougere scent - sort of like a cross between Boss Elements Aqua and Fahrenheit.
    Renato
    I really agree about this Elements Aqua connection especially when it comes to drydown. I know I know, this thread is ancient.

  8. #8
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & B˙zios
    Posts
    79,112

    Default Re: Hugo Dark Blue!

    Quote Originally Posted by bront82 View Post
    D'Orsay's Le Dandy.
    This one.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Hugo Dark Blue!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    I really agree about this Elements Aqua connection especially when it comes to drydown. I know I know, this thread is ancient.
    You've obviously been researching Dark Blue. I find it fascinating nowadays, the moment someone mentions Boss scents, how quick numerous people are to jump in and trash them all as worthless or no good.

    While there have been a few lame ones of recent times, they're older scents are standouts in my book, and none more so than Hugo Dark Blue. Connections aside, nothing I've tried since smells remotely like it.
    Cheers,
    Renato

  10. #10

    Default Re: Hugo Dark Blue!

    Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    You've obviously been researching Dark Blue. I find it fascinating nowadays, the moment someone mentions Boss scents, how quick numerous people are to jump in and trash them all as worthless or no good.

    While there have been a few lame ones of recent times, they're older scents are standouts in my book, and none more so than Hugo Dark Blue. Connections aside, nothing I've tried since smells remotely like it.
    Cheers,
    Renato
    My Boss favs are Dark Blue, Elements Aqua and Boss in motion black.

    Hugo Dark Blue is my almost most worn scent and I simply don't want to get rid of it. Even though it can't compare to Gucci Envy for men wich I adore, there is something about Dark Blue that emotionally connects me to some different times when I was younger and less responsible. I do have to stress out that people in my enviroment do tend to notice Dark Blue and Elements Aqua. Agree that Boss is pretty much bashed house among fragrance lovers and let me tell you, this new Boss Orange itself is not such an utter crap as many present it, my friend wears it and I have to admit it is quite an appealing scent, unlike Boss Bottled Night, Just different and Boss Elements wich are obvious fails.
    Best regards.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Hugo Dark Blue!

    Very remotely: Hugo Just Different

  12. #12

    Default Re: Hugo Dark Blue!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    My Boss favs are Dark Blue, Elements Aqua and Boss in motion black.

    Hugo Dark Blue is my almost most worn scent and I simply don't want to get rid of it. Even though it can't compare to Gucci Envy for men wich I adore, there is something about Dark Blue that emotionally connects me to some different times when I was younger and less responsible. I do have to stress out that people in my enviroment do tend to notice Dark Blue and Elements Aqua. Agree that Boss is pretty much bashed house among fragrance lovers and let me tell you, this new Boss Orange itself is not such an utter crap as many present it, my friend wears it and I have to admit it is quite an appealing scent, unlike Boss Bottled Night, Just different and Boss Elements wich are obvious fails.
    Best regards.
    Yes, I think Boss Orange is a surprisingly good scent, given their non loud offerings of recent times. When you say "Boss Elements" did you perhaps mean Hugo Element? To me the 1993 Boss Elements is great, but I wasn't particularly impressed with the 2008 Hugo Element.

    If you like Boss Elements Aqua, one of the older Jill Sander scents was almost the same as it, and Jill Sander Sun Man is a very similar style but with different (sunnier?) notes.
    Renato

  13. #13

    Default Re: Hugo Dark Blue!

    Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Yes, I think Boss Orange is a surprisingly good scent, given their non loud offerings of recent times. When you say "Boss Elements" did you perhaps mean Hugo Element? To me the 1993 Boss Elements is great, but I wasn't particularly impressed with the 2008 Hugo Element.

    If you like Boss Elements Aqua, one of the older Jill Sander scents was almost the same as it, and Jill Sander Sun Man is a very similar style but with different (sunnier?) notes.
    Renato
    pardon me, I meant Hugo Element when I mentioned utter crap. Boss Elements (brown bottle of similar shape as Elements Aqua) I've never tried, alas. I was even giving a thought to buying that one blind, believe it or not, but it seems it discontinued completely or it's production is so much limited that it can be bought only in a Boss store somewhere in Germany.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Hugo Dark Blue!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    pardon me, I meant Hugo Element when I mentioned utter crap. Boss Elements (brown bottle of similar shape as Elements Aqua) I've never tried, alas. I was even giving a thought to buying that one blind, believe it or not, but it seems it discontinued completely or it's production is so much limited that it can be bought only in a Boss store somewhere in Germany.
    That's a shame, not being able to test Boss Elements. It was available fairly inexpensively down here for quite a while. I like it better than the Aqua version. 10 years ago, people here used to comment that it had strong similarities to Platinum Egoiste, though I was in the minority and liked it better than Platinum Egoiste.
    Cheers,
    Renato

  15. #15

    Default Re: Hugo Dark Blue!

    Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    That's a shame, not being able to test Boss Elements. It was available fairly inexpensively down here for quite a while. I like it better than the Aqua version. 10 years ago, people here used to comment that it had strong similarities to Platinum Egoiste, though I was in the minority and liked it better than Platinum Egoiste.
    Cheers,
    Renato
    the similarity thing is quite subjective although sometimes most ppl do tend agree about a certain scent being awkwardly similar to another. I really have a big wish to try Boss Elements, I think I even might one day, who knows, for now it seems to be that it's production is exquisitely limited.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Hugo Dark Blue!

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    This one.
    for real ? this is interesting
    i've Being reading good stuff aBout le dandy

    today i just Bought hugo Boss dark Blue, i used to have it long time ago when i was in high school
    eleven years ago, i used to enjoy and like it a lot, my mom hated it tho, so she gave it to a uncle as a present
    now after a lot of years i Bought it again and im testing it and i like it
    But not as much as i used to do, it immediately Brings a lot of memories
    i used to think this fragrance smell like an alcohol Beverage
    i always thought it was a Boozy fragrance
    now i think its very sweet and fruity
    it also reminds me of Escada- magnetism and Baldessarini - amBre
    so im starting to detect amBer in fragrances
    i wonder if amBre russe smells kind of the likes of this scents

  17. #17

    Default Re: Hugo Dark Blue!

    Quote Originally Posted by neo_angel View Post
    for real ? this is interesting
    i've Being reading good stuff aBout le dandy

    today i just Bought hugo Boss dark Blue, i used to have it long time ago when i was in high school
    eleven years ago, i used to enjoy and like it a lot, my mom hated it tho, so she gave it to a uncle as a present
    now after a lot of years i Bought it again and im testing it and i like it
    But not as much as i used to do, it immediately Brings a lot of memories
    i used to think this fragrance smell like an alcohol Beverage
    i always thought it was a Boozy fragrance
    now i think its very sweet and fruity
    it also reminds me of Escada- magnetism and Baldessarini - amBre
    so im starting to detect amBer in fragrances
    i wonder if amBre russe smells kind of the likes of this scents
    Hugo Dark Blue is not a masterpiece, but it does make an emotional impact on me as well, that's probably the only reason I own it and will continue so.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Hugo Dark Blue!

    How is the longevity?

  19. #19

    Default Re: Hugo Dark Blue!

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitecamel View Post
    How is the longevity?
    On me very good, 8+ hours.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •