Code of Conduct
    INWAP

Post Thanks / Like

Default Why does Creed have three Santals in their lineup?

I thought I could research these independently after really enjoying my first sample of Bois De Santal.
    I wanted to compare reviews of it to the other two Santals offered but I see there is no listing for it.

I have not tried the other two but I do intend to and soon. I'd like to do side by side comparisons.
    Has anyone sampled or owned all three and do you recall your thoughts? It would be most appreciated.
    Owners of any one of the three who are fans please let me know your thoughts also.

thanks in advance.

Default Re: Why does Creed have three Santals in their lineup?

I have a large-ish sample of Santal Imperial, and I strongly am considering buying a bottle (well, after another bottle of Acier Aluminum, and a few other new Creeds). Even though this stuff has been around for, oh, nearly 160 years, I find it in no way to be dated. I think if there were a bright citrus opening, it would be nearly exactly what I think D&G Light Blue for Men should have smelled like. I definitely feel it's one of the sleepers in Creed's Range.

IMHO you do not need to look beyond Bois De Santal, its a beautiful fragrance, soo smooth and well blended...the other two smell too much like cristobal/joop crap for me to buy them or wear them, Bois marches to the beat of its own drum... maybe just bad associations with joop and your typical joop wearer who overdoes that synthetic mess of a fragrance soo much that I don't want to wear anything similar, or ever get the compliment "Is that joop your wearing" ............Mesmerize by Avon is about as close to Joop as I will venture....

Post Thanks / Like

Original Santal smells a bit like Joop when first applied, though not as sharp and as potent. When I wear it during the day, it doesn't seem like I'm wearing Joop though.
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

Bois de Santal smells like pure sandalwood mixed with baby powder. It's a little skanky. Nothing else quite like it. My favorite Creed.
    Santal Imperial is crisp and medicinal. Very masculine.
    Original Santal smells like suede mixed with Joop. I prefer it on a woman.