Code of Conduct

Thread: Bond No. 9

Default Bond No. 9

So, I'm going to buy 6 samples from this line. Suggestions on which 6 I should buy? Thanks guys.
    Current Wishlist: Vetiver Extraordinaire, Rousse & Opus 1870

Default Re: Bond No. 9

New Haarlem
    Bleecker Street
    Silver Factory
    Riverside Drive
    Hot Always
    Chez Bond

chez bond

bleeker street

riverside drive

These are the ones I would recommend. Yes, they are ripoffs but you might find the similarities an ignorable treat. I no longer own a Bond. I tried so hard to find something positive but could not. Unfortunately, I may never rush out to sample a product from this line again. However, I do wish you a pleasant journey with this house and dearly hope you find something to adore. Perhaps it would spark a renewed interest for some of us.

I'm a huge Bond No.9 fan, these for sure (in order):

1. BLEECKER STREET
    2. Eau de New York
    3. Chinatown
    4. Silver Factory
    5. New Haarlam
    6. Wall Street

And your next 6:

7. West Side
    8. Little Italy
    9. Scent of Peace
    10. Riverside Drive
    11. Chez Bond (aka Green Irish Tweed)
    12. Hamptons (aka Silver Mountain Water)
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

Post Thanks / Like

Other than the perfumed court, where can you buy samples?

Lucky Scent.

Post Thanks / Like

Just buy Creed. Bond from my experience and others is simply a (more)expensive rip off of Creed frags.
    Sorry, but its true.

Post Thanks / Like

I started with Creeds about 10 years ago. I've owned a bunch. I now own 2 Bonds (Haarlem and Central Park) and just one Creed (GIT).

Both Bond and Creed are nice houses. Creed has an old history and clout in popular society. It is like buying and collecting Creed makes you instantly cool and stamped for approval. (YAWN). I own and love 3 Creeds and 1 Bond, have owned many more and sold away. I would say Creed is broader than Bond, more label appeal to those who need it, and the frags smell great (most of them). But, hello.....there are other houses that make great scents...and dare I say...better than Creed. I believe in balance. I don't put all my eggs in one basket, but respect the reasons why some do. But if you are gonna tell everyone to just buy Creed...don't expect everyone on this board to lend the comment much credibility.

Post Thanks / Like

Bleecker Street has to be top
    Wall Street is also fantastic
    Hamptons, despite being similar to SMW smells better on my skin, also a bit more funky.
    Nuits de NoHo, so different and yet still very wearable.
    New Haarlem - it's what I wanted out of Rochas Man.

And for a sixth, can't really think of anything, so just be impulsive !

Quote Originally Posted by mttafire View Post
    Just buy Creed. Bond from my experience and others is simply a (more)expensive rip off of Creed frags.
    Sorry, but its true.
    I'm going to have to disagree with you there. Sure Chez Bond and Hamptons are precise rip-offs of Creed's 2 best sellers, but what else is a rip-off of Creed? You could make the argument that Wall Street is a rip-off of Millesime Imperial (Creed's 3rd best seller), but if you tested them side-by-side you'll realize that sea kale is not the same note as watermelon, not even close.

While I love Creed (GIT, MI, BdP, Selection Verte), Bond No.9 makes more modern scents, and the scents which they didn't rip off of other houses are original and magnificent. I'd like to hear anyone name the Creed counterpart to Bleecker Street, Eau de New York, Silver Factor, West Side, Little Italy, or Chinatown.

In general (not counting the counterfeits), Bond No.9 is far more modern smelling than Creed. And while I don't mind smelling like an old man once in a while with Bois du Portugal (a damn good smelling old man), as a 20 year old I can appreciate the modern youthful energy that Bond No.9 has to offer.

And for Bond being more expensive, I say they're cheaper. Whoever is reading this, you're itching to disagree with me! Here's my rationale. Creed has amazingly high quality natural ingredients, and thus has a short shelf life and is prone to spoilage, "turning" if you will. Therefore, you would need to buy a bottle of Creed at retail price to ensure a fresh bottle. At retail price, a 1.0 oz bottle of Creed from Neiman Marcus is $110.

If you ever bought a Bond at retail price, I would say that you are clinically insane. For whatever reason, Bond No.9 has consistency across bottles and is not nearly as prone to spoilage (I've never heard anyone say that their Bond bottle "turned"). Maybe this is due to lower quality ingredients than Creed, or more synthetics, who knows. Also, Bond No.9 has not been counterfeited, because the bottles are difficult to replicate and because fakers know that they'll make way more money with fake SMWs or Acqua di Gio. So you can safely buy a bottle of Bond No.9 off of eBay without worrying about any of those things. Typically, a 3.3 oz bottle of Bond will cost between $75 and $110 on eBay.

So you could have 3.3 oz Chez Bond or 1.0 oz Green Irish Tweed, for $110. They are the exact same thing, so which is actually more expensive?
    Let's say you go by eBay prices, where a 4.0 oz of Creed is around $100. You could buy a 4.0 oz bottle of GIT or a 3.3 oz bottle of Chez Bond for the same price, with the Creed being slightly cheaper per ml. However, you have to worry about freshness, counterfeiting, variability between bottles.

So you see, you're better off getting Chez Bond and Hamptons than GIT and SMW. You can't compare any other Bond frags with other Creed frags though, it's apples and oranges after those two rip-offs. I'm not saying it's right for Bond No.9 to plagiarize off of Creed's best sellers; it isn't. However, ordering a Bond gives you piece of mind, while ordering Creed is constant worry. I just bought a Creed tester off of eBay, and I'm very scared about it's freshness and variability...

It's only expensive if you're not smart enough to find a deal...
    Last edited by somethinpositiv; 15th February 2008 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerby View Post
    Lucky Scent.
    Luckyscent doesn't carry Bond.

I would go through www.beautycafe.com If you get them at TPC, you will get the tiny 1ml size. At Beautycafe they send the standard Bond No. 9 "candy wrapper" (i think they are 2.5ml) samples. At least they used to.

Plus Basenoters get a 10% percent discount on orders. Not to mention, the owner (Lisa) is a Basnotes member and you will be supporting her business.

Lisa is the best!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    Both Bond and Creed are nice houses. Creed has an old history and clout in popular society. It is like buying and collecting Creed makes you instantly cool and stamped for approval. (YAWN). I own and love 3 Creeds and 1 Bond, have owned many more and sold away. I would say Creed is broader than Bond, more label appeal to those who need it, and the frags smell great (most of them). But, hello.....there are other houses that make great scents...and dare I say...better than Creed. I believe in balance. I don't put all my eggs in one basket, but respect the reasons why some do. But if you are gonna tell everyone to just buy Creed...don't expect everyone on this board to lend the comment much credibility.
    Amen!!

Quote Originally Posted by somethinpositiv View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree with you there. Sure Chez Bond and Hamptons are precise rip-offs of Creed's 2 best sellers, but what else is a rip-off of Creed? You could make the argument that Wall Street is a rip-off of Millesime Imperial (Creed's 3rd best seller), but if you tested them side-by-side you'll realize that sea kale is not the same note as watermelon, not even close.

While I love Creed (GIT, MI, BdP, Selection Verte), Bond No.9 makes more modern scents, and the scents which they didn't rip off of other houses are original and magnificent. I'd like to hear anyone name the Creed counterpart to Bleecker Street, Eau de New York, Silver Factor, West Side, Little Italy, or Chinatown.

In general (not counting the counterfeits), Bond No.9 is far more modern smelling than Creed. And while I don't mind smelling like an old man once in a while with Bois du Portugal (a damn good smelling old man), as a 20 year old I can appreciate the modern youthful energy that Bond No.9 has to offer.
    I agree!

Post Thanks / Like

--------------------------------------

Wall St. is a rip off of Erolfa. Just not as good.
    Silver Factory IS nice and may be a stand alone.
    All in all though, Bond doesnt make a good jr. partner to Creed
    Bleecker st. smells like a 185.00 mistake.
    Creed is to Originality as Bond is to wanna be. Frag speaking.
    Last edited by mttafire; 15th February 2008 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by mttafire View Post
    Bleecker st. smells like a 185.00 1.7 ounce mistake.
    To me Bleecker Street smells like a 3.3 oz best $100 I ever spent.

Post Thanks / Like

Another thing to consider, especially if you are going to buy on the grey market...are counterfeits. There has been a lot of traffic on this lately, and I don't wanna add to the hyperbole.

But I don't think that anyone has begun actively tampering with/adulterating the Bond scents yet.

For me, I love Bond Hamptons. It smells superficially like SMW, but dries down very different. The absence of the Creed base makes it smell cleaner, brighter, and less piquant. It blends with my skin much better.

Teddius

Post Thanks / Like

Whats up with all this Bond bashing, I mean disliking a certain fragrance is understandable, but a whole house?

Sure New Haarlem, Hamptons, Chez Bond and as some people think Wall Street are similar to classics, but I feel they are upgraded and modernized versions that are also aimed at these target groups. I'm not a big fan of Bond no 9 as a house, as I feel they are marketed towards the nouveau riche and for people with little taste (i.e the cool but tacky bottles, that are only ok because the shit is so expensive)

But, despite all this, I find the scents fantastic, I am a big fan of Hamptons (Which I prefer over SMW, as my dad wears it :P) Bleecker Street, Wall Street (Doesn't smell like Erolfa to my nose) New Haarlem (which is what I consider to be a fantastic Rochas inspired gourmand scent) and Nuits de NoHo, mainly for the creative notes and fantastic blend.

If you can't justify your opinions, and how you feel the two fragrances smell similar, and if you haven't experienced both arm against arm and thought about longevity, sillage, composition and note exposure, your comment doesn't really have any validity.

My personal top six would be:

Andy Warhol Silver Factory
    Coney Island
    Hamptons
    Riverside Drive
    Wall Street
    Little Italy

Have fun and let us know what you pick up!

To me Bleecker Street smells like a 3.3 oz best $100 I ever spent.
    Sorry somethinpositiv to tell you somethinnegativ but, Bleecker Street is bond's answer to original vetiver. No, they are no identical in EVERY aspect but it doesn't take a Ph.D to know where the inspiration came from. As people have noted:

Chez bond = GIT
    hamptons = SMW
    wall street = Erolfa
    Bleecker Street = Original Vetiver
    etc etc etc

On the womens side, there are rip offs of spring flowers in a couple variations as well. Boooo. As far as Blecker Stree being a mistake as noted, the whole company is simply not needed. There, I said it and now I am at peace. However, I am not mad at the company. If others enjoy Bond, then more power to ya. That just leaves more creed for those who spent a few more dollars wisely,
    Last edited by Scentologist; 15th February 2008 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Bond no. 9 has some of my favorite perfumes: Chez Bond rocks, as does New Haarlem and Bleecker Street. In fact, I'm off to find the last in that line because I'm almost out. These are resplendent perfumes and I'll always like them, regardless of any other factor, including money. Not saying I'm rich as Croesus, but I have a source where I can get Bonds for relatively cheap and I'm very happy about that.
    I also like many Creed perfumes and I believe there's enough room for both houses. If I could, I'd own just about every bottle from these two houses.
    To answer your question however, since I only have direct experience with a few, I'd choose the following:
    o Chez Bond
    o New Haarlem
    o Riverside Drive
    o Bleecker Street
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Post Thanks / Like

I dont knock all of em.....Silver factory does smell nice.

Bleecker St = Original Vetiver??????

Will someone just shoot me and get this over with? Geez
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 15th February 2008 at 11:08 PM.

Bleeker st. has that green, vetiver feel to it that OV has. BS is more smooth and synthetic. After a while, BS turns into something on its own. It becomes more gourmand as I detect a food note. As I said, BS is not the same in EVERY aspect but similar enough to know where the inspiration came from. Anyway you look at it, its a rip. If you can tell the difference between Dr. Pepper and Dr. Thunder, you should be able to understand what is happening here.

Post Thanks / Like

the only Bond i am really curious to try....and i must admit i am very very curious to try it is....Nuits de Noho
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Someone else may be more qualified to comment on that one but I think it is one of their more unqiue scents. There is one similar to Amen but many claim is better. It has a chololate theme to it. I am not quite sure if it is Nuits de Noho. I have a sample of it but have not opened it in years.

Question Re: Bond No. 9

Bleecker St = Original Vetiver??????

Will someone just shoot me and get this over with? Geez
    hahaha I know, that made me laugh too! hahaha!

There's not a hint of soapiness in Bleecker. And you could make the same argument that Original Vetiver has the same "feel" as something like Gendarme, but no one would confuse those two scents, lest they have a defective nose... It was Creed who plagiarized Thierry Mugler Colone to create Original Vetiver, an improved and more modern version of the original (hmmm, sounds like something Bond No.9 does, Mr. Creed). Get it straight people.
    Last edited by somethinpositiv; 16th February 2008 at 02:18 AM.

Scentologist,

I am not one one this board to question much of anything...but OV = Bleecker Street comparison is ridiculous, Congrats though...You are the first on the board to claim it. It is yours now, I would love to hear more...seriously. Keep going into more depth. I have them both on each arm...and have worn both for two years now...and have never even pondered a connection. But go ahead...tell us more.
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 16th February 2008 at 02:45 AM.

Jock, I have had the both as well. My distaste for BS lead me to get rid of it. The smooth vetiver feel was what attracted me to it and is where the similarity to OV ends but the gourmand, pungent notes eventually turned me away from it. When I say they are not similar in every aspect, it would help if you took it literally. For the third time, I feel BS was inspired by OV. Does chez bond truly smell like GIT? Not in quality and I am sure some notes are even dissimilar however, the end result leaves on to realize where the inspiration was taken from. Does cool water truely smell like GIT? No but it is obvious to see how it was inspired. Yes, OV is more like mugler colonge but because Creed came out with a smooth, green fragrance, Bond answered by having one in their line.

If I took anise, vanilla, and wormwood, blended them, what would you say my inspiration was from? Perhaps au masculine, perhaps le male.....you get the point. One thing to note is Bond's incredible trend. I have been looking for Bond to come out with a citrus and coconut fragrance. If not, then perhaps a tropical fragrance. Don't think that they haven't been brooding over how to change it up enough to call it their own. Wise up laddy. I recently bought riverside drive but gave it away. Now, I would buy that peasant water at Royalty prices on no day for integrity reasons. To be fair, I have tried their most recent offerings; DNA, etc. Yawn. Can you say Gucci PH? Hey dude, you can have all the Bond you want. Your money funds their talent if you feel they have some. I feel BS should be sold at wal mart as a version of OV.
    Last edited by Scentologist; 16th February 2008 at 03:19 AM.

Saying Bleeker Street smells like Original Vetiver is the equivalent to saying Chanel 5 smells like Brut.

Your are digging a hole so big, I can't see you...Scentologist!!!!! Scentologist!!! Can you climb out for a sec. Give it up, You find more people here to agree with you on your comparison and I will buy you some more liquor to sip on while you type young man. It is not there...you are stretching bud, Not a Bond fan here so not defending them. You are just spiraling here that is all. OV and Bleecker Street are not close.....do want to get back in the hole you are digging, or do you need help shoveling it back up? The copying thing is just ridiculous here, stop drinking the Creed juice man. You can be cool without it I promise.
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 16th February 2008 at 03:25 AM.

throw a heavy dose of powder in it and to some people, it might. I would choose brut over number 5 anyday. I think its interesting that you all don't see the family similarities of a couple components e.g. the clean vetyver feel. Hey perhaps you all are just trying to defend the money you spent on that junk to feel better?
    Last edited by Scentologist; 16th February 2008 at 03:28 AM.

I own one Bond and 3 Creeds. Next argument? You just made a bad comparison man. It is OK. Grown men admit it and move on. My bet is that you can move on from this. Bond has copied Creed on some frags I agree...you just chose the wrong fight with OV = BS. I will take Creed over Bond for the most part too.
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 16th February 2008 at 03:33 AM.

Nonsense, it is my opinion and I am sticking to it. I didn't say you had to agree with it. Who is to say everyone perceives a fragrance as you do. That is what is ridiculous here. This is why we have choices. Not everyone will enjoy the same house/fragrances the same way. Point in case, although cool water has blue connotations and come in a blue bottle, I feel there is something green to be found in it. I also feel that its comparison to GIT is valid but only in the top notes. Once it begins to morph, that comparison ends. I also didn't say my nose was always correct. I never found anything green in eternity until just this year. Noses change I suppose.
    Last edited by Scentologist; 16th February 2008 at 03:39 AM.

It is your reputation not mine, so be it. This thread is for everyone here to read. I ask all those that think OV = BS is valid to prove me wrong. If that happens, unlike you obviously, I will accept it and say I was wrong. By the way has anyone noticed the similarities between Coney Island and Bois de Santal? No serious guys...they both have sandalwood.

Dude, you still miss the point. It is not about validity, therefore you are not wrong. For the fourth time, I detect similarites, hence, they are not exactly alike. This is not a peer review journal where science has to prove they are similar. This is about my perception only. Not yours, not anyone else's. All this means is that it is my opinion that Bond came out with it in lightening speed after OV came out and the green vetiver note is similar but not the same. I hope you understand now. Although all farts share similar gasses, I am sure that only yours will delight your nose. So, this is not about reputation, it is about observation.

If you want to talk about reputation, defend your beloved Bond. As if their track record with ripping creed isn't bad enough, it was awefully suspicious to tout Bleeker at warp speed when OV came out. If you truely love it, they are different enough to own both but I, personally, find it needless to own both. Now, bear in mind that my word is not final and not an authority on Bond and thus is my opinion. I am happy for your opinion on Bond and I certainly want others to enjoy the fragrance but I cannot. Some could have the same beef with Black Aoud since No.88 was first. I own black aoud but have never sampled 88 so I cannot comment on that one.

It is not about me liking Bond or Creed, or me liking OV or BS. I am not a Bond lover, but you are a Creed lover. I like OV better. It is about the fact that you tried to sneek a shoddy comparison by the boards to further explain in general why Bond is horrible and Creed created the world. I don't give a sh*t about either house. I just saw a skunk, it smelled, and I called it out. You weren't expecting it though.

I am not a creed lover although I do like it. Its not even in my top 5.You called nothing. What do you resolve? What did you gain? Its still based on opinons and you did not change that. We're cool so lets leave this.
    Last edited by Scentologist; 16th February 2008 at 04:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
    Saying Bleeker Street smells like Original Vetiver is the equivalent to saying Chanel 5 smells like Brut.
    But Chanel 5 does smell like Brut. Not exactly like Brut, but they are similar, they have the same feel to them. You can tell that Brut got its inspiration from Chanel. Everybody knows that.

Post Thanks / Like

Where can I buy decants of Bond No. 9 fragrances?
    Looking for Partial or Full Bottles Of:
    Silver Mountain Water
    Green Irish Tweed
    Scent of Peace

PM me please.

Wow, step away from a thread and it turns into a fight between two people disagreeing over personal interpretation of a scent.....
    I love Creed but am anxious to see if there really is anything to the "rip-off" title that has been given to Bond. I will give it a shot and see what happens. I really appreciate all the suggestions and help. I'll get the samples ordered and let you all know how it goes. Thanks.
    Current Wishlist: Vetiver Extraordinaire, Rousse & Opus 1870

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thisbekevinn View Post
    The Perfumed Court (http://theperfumedcourt.com/search.a...e-d3ba462c3c09)

Don't sell decants, but sell bottles with 30ml/40ml left for very reasonable prices

Quote Originally Posted by thisbekevinn View Post
    5 samples of any Bond No.9, your choice. I believe they are manufacturer samples, and not decant vials.
    $5 + $6.50 shipping, $11. Or, you can get 5 samples free if you spend $100.

http://beautycafe.com/sample_package.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by primetime34 View Post
    Wow, step away from a thread and it turns into a fight between two people disagreeing over personal interpretation of a scent.....
    I love Creed but am anxious to see if there really is anything to the "rip-off" title that has been given to Bond. I will give it a shot and see what happens. I really appreciate all the suggestions and help. I'll get the samples ordered and let you all know how it goes. Thanks.
    Make sure you get: Chez Bond (GIT), Hamptons (SMW), Wall Street ("Erolfa" apparantly), Bleecker Street ("OV" apparantly), and New Haarlam (Rochas Man copy). Get those five and try for yourself.
    Last edited by somethinpositiv; 16th February 2008 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Post Thanks / Like

Could you please rate and categorize your 6 suggestions?
    (Rate in scale of 10) & (Categorize scents based on for example osmoz perfumes family)

Post Thanks / Like

This thread just cheered me up insanely, i'm still laughing and my cheekbones hurt

I really don't see the Bleecker Street and OV link, but maybe my nose is just olfactorally advanced :P

Post Thanks / Like

primetime34, tell me what samples you would like to try & I'll see if I have them. If I do, I'll send them to you. Just send me a pm. It's worth it to me to end this thread. My face hurts.
    Current Favorites: #5 edt, #19 edt & parfum - Chanel, FRACAS - Robert Piguet, A Taste of Heaven - By Killian, Apres L'Ondee- Guerlain, LUX & Carnation - Mona di Orio, Une Rose - Frederick Malle, Kiki - Vero Kern, Bois de Violette & Sarrasins - Serge Lutens

Post Thanks / Like

I would recommend Riverside Drive for the sample list. A unique frag to me with nice sillage - and a compliment getter too.

Not meaning to pick the scab off...for what it's worth I too have found "similarities" between scents that no one else detected. I've considered maybe I had a bottle of one or the other that was starting to turn perhaps, or that maybe to my nose anyway there was one common note that was "prominent" to my sniffer. I learned a long time ago that my nose doesn't always "get" what everyone else's does.

Have a nice weekend all.
    Last edited by Mikey Q; 16th February 2008 at 02:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

For me just Wall Street and Hamptons...the rest smells not man enought...just for me.
    Bois du Portugal smells like Acqua di Gio hahahhahahaaahhahhahah...I have to laugh so much...itīs so funny...I canīt find nothing between OV and Bleecker hahahahhahaahahahaah
    Last edited by P-Natra; 16th February 2008 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Post Thanks / Like

I'm wearing Central Park today and I find it fantastic. Very green, grassy, crisp, and beautiful. It starts off a sweeter green and moves to more earthy tones. One can imagine this historic, emerald expanse on a perfectly sunny day.

"...and everything is alright."

Post Thanks / Like

My head hurts from reading the Bond devotees complain about being compared to Creed. It's like a religious zealot arguing that Buddha and Jesus Christ have absolutely nothing in common. Certain scents smell similar to others to some people. Since when did opinion become "wrong"? Is this the McLaughlin Group?
    Last edited by samplermike; 16th February 2008 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by samplermike View Post
    Since when did opinion become "wrong"? Is this the McLaughlin Group?
    It's always wrong to have an opinion, if it goes against the masses. Therefore, you should buy Creed, and conform to society like a good citizen.

Wall Street smells nothing like Erolfa.

Smile Re: Bond No. 9

Your are digging a hole so big, I can't see you...Scentologist!!!!! Scentologist!!! Can you climb out for a sec. Give it up, You find more people here to agree with you on your comparison and I will buy you some more liquor to sip on while you type young man. It is not there...you are stretching bud, Not a Bond fan here so not defending them. You are just spiraling here that is all. OV and Bleecker Street are not close.....do want to get back in the hole you are digging, or do you need help shoveling it back up? The copying thing is just ridiculous here, stop drinking the Creed juice man. You can be cool without it I promise.
    lolz, I totally agree Jock, Scentogist they did not smell similar to me either, and I bought Bleecker Street today and was sniffing OV from Creed too... no I'l have to agree with Jock.. and Bleecker smells very nice I think, gets nice compliments from the girls, OV on me smells like extremely expensive soap.

Plus Creed is old and Stuffy compared to Bonds who are much more hip and fresh...

but that's just me...
    Any Knowledge Is Good Knowledge For Me.......

Chalk another one up for the bad guys... A new love Nuits De Neho and Chinatown.

Post Thanks / Like

Damn I was just about to make the topic :what are your favorite bonds and creeds?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna Cowboy View Post
    Wall Street smells nothing like Erolfa.
    Agreed. WTH is wrong with these people's noses?

I've only tried a few Bonds, but I would recommend:

Chez bond (GIT is similar, both are awesome)
    New harleem (best gourmand ever IMO)

Others not as good
    Wall St. (cucumber)
    Hot always (spicy and soapy, quite interesting)

5 samples of any Bond No.9, your choice. I believe they are manufacturer samples, and not decant vials.
    $5 + $6.50 shipping, $11. Or, you can get 5 samples free if you spend $100.

http://beautycafe.com/sample_package.htm

Make sure you get: Chez Bond (GIT), Hamptons (SMW), Wall Street ("Erolfa" apparantly), Bleecker Street ("OV" apparantly), and New Haarlam (Rochas Man copy). Get those five and try for yourself.

silver factory smells alot like amouage dia to me!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my stuff for sale!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=223916

Andy Warhol Silver factory sounds good

Post Thanks / Like

Bond is Creed for a new generation. I don't care how synthetic it is, it smells damn good, better than any Creed. So many Creed scents seem old and dated, and have unpleasant edges to them that just melt away with the beauty of Bond frags.

I just wonder how lonely it gets up your pedestal when you preach about the amazing awesomeness of Creed, and then sling mud at the villainous Bond and its horrid progenitor, Laurice Rahme. To me, she's a valid successor to Olivier Creed, and she had the wherewithal to modernize so many of these aging scents that Creed was pushing through her hands to the US.

And that line about Bond's expensiveness is another crock, as most any Bond can be found legitimately on eBay for under $130 USD for the large size.

I don't want to destroy Creed, I just prefer Bond. Live and let live Creedists.
    Last edited by Sokkou; 19th August 2009 at 01:30 AM.