Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 57

Thread: Bond No. 9

  1. #1

    Default Bond No. 9

    So, I'm going to buy 6 samples from this line. Suggestions on which 6 I should buy? Thanks guys.
    Current Wishlist: Vetiver Extraordinaire, Rousse & Opus 1870

  2. #2

    Default Re: Bond No. 9

    New Haarlem
    Bleecker Street
    Silver Factory
    Riverside Drive
    Hot Always
    Chez Bond

  3. #3

    Default Re: Bond No. 9

    chez bond

    bleeker street

    riverside drive

    These are the ones I would recommend. Yes, they are ripoffs but you might find the similarities an ignorable treat. I no longer own a Bond. I tried so hard to find something positive but could not. Unfortunately, I may never rush out to sample a product from this line again. However, I do wish you a pleasant journey with this house and dearly hope you find something to adore. Perhaps it would spark a renewed interest for some of us.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Bond No. 9

    I'm a huge Bond No.9 fan, these for sure (in order):

    1. BLEECKER STREET
    2. Eau de New York
    3. Chinatown
    4. Silver Factory
    5. New Haarlam
    6. Wall Street

    And your next 6:

    7. West Side
    8. Little Italy
    9. Scent of Peace
    10. Riverside Drive
    11. Chez Bond (aka Green Irish Tweed)
    12. Hamptons (aka Silver Mountain Water)
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

  5. #5

    Default Re: Bond No. 9

    Other than the perfumed court, where can you buy samples?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Bond No. 9

    Lucky Scent.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    158

    Default Re: Bond No. 9

    Just buy Creed. Bond from my experience and others is simply a (more)expensive rip off of Creed frags.
    Sorry, but its true.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Bond No. 9

    I started with Creeds about 10 years ago. I've owned a bunch. I now own 2 Bonds (Haarlem and Central Park) and just one Creed (GIT).

  9. #9

    Default Re: Bond No. 9

    Both Bond and Creed are nice houses. Creed has an old history and clout in popular society. It is like buying and collecting Creed makes you instantly cool and stamped for approval. (YAWN). I own and love 3 Creeds and 1 Bond, have owned many more and sold away. I would say Creed is broader than Bond, more label appeal to those who need it, and the frags smell great (most of them). But, hello.....there are other houses that make great scents...and dare I say...better than Creed. I believe in balance. I don't put all my eggs in one basket, but respect the reasons why some do. But if you are gonna tell everyone to just buy Creed...don't expect everyone on this board to lend the comment much credibility.

  10. #10

    Vivek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    1,398

    Default Re: Bond No. 9

    Bleecker Street has to be top
    Wall Street is also fantastic
    Hamptons, despite being similar to SMW smells better on my skin, also a bit more funky.
    Nuits de NoHo, so different and yet still very wearable.
    New Haarlem - it's what I wanted out of Rochas Man.

    And for a sixth, can't really think of anything, so just be impulsive !

  11. #11

    Default Re: Bond No. 9

    Quote Originally Posted by mttafire View Post
    Just buy Creed. Bond from my experience and others is simply a (more)expensive rip off of Creed frags.
    Sorry, but its true.
    I'm going to have to disagree with you there. Sure Chez Bond and Hamptons are precise rip-offs of Creed's 2 best sellers, but what else is a rip-off of Creed? You could make the argument that Wall Street is a rip-off of Millesime Imperial (Creed's 3rd best seller), but if you tested them side-by-side you'll realize that sea kale is not the same note as watermelon, not even close.

    While I love Creed (GIT, MI, BdP, Selection Verte), Bond No.9 makes more modern scents, and the scents which they didn't rip off of other houses are original and magnificent. I'd like to hear anyone name the Creed counterpart to Bleecker Street, Eau de New York, Silver Factor, West Side, Little Italy, or Chinatown.

    In general (not counting the counterfeits), Bond No.9 is far more modern smelling than Creed. And while I don't mind smelling like an old man once in a while with Bois du Portugal (a damn good smelling old man), as a 20 year old I can appreciate the modern youthful energy that Bond No.9 has to offer.

    And for Bond being more expensive, I say they're cheaper. Whoever is reading this, you're itching to disagree with me! Here's my rationale. Creed has amazingly high quality natural ingredients, and thus has a short shelf life and is prone to spoilage, "turning" if you will. Therefore, you would need to buy a bottle of Creed at retail price to ensure a fresh bottle. At retail price, a 1.0 oz bottle of Creed from Neiman Marcus is $110.

    If you ever bought a Bond at retail price, I would say that you are clinically insane. For whatever reason, Bond No.9 has consistency across bottles and is not nearly as prone to spoilage (I've never heard anyone say that their Bond bottle "turned"). Maybe this is due to lower quality ingredients than Creed, or more synthetics, who knows. Also, Bond No.9 has not been counterfeited, because the bottles are difficult to replicate and because fakers know that they'll make way more money with fake SMWs or Acqua di Gio. So you can safely buy a bottle of Bond No.9 off of eBay without worrying about any of those things. Typically, a 3.3 oz bottle of Bond will cost between $75 and $110 on eBay.

    So you could have 3.3 oz Chez Bond or 1.0 oz Green Irish Tweed, for $110. They are the exact same thing, so which is actually more expensive?
    Let's say you go by eBay prices, where a 4.0 oz of Creed is around $100. You could buy a 4.0 oz bottle of GIT or a 3.3 oz bottle of Chez Bond for the same price, with the Creed being slightly cheaper per ml. However, you have to worry about freshness, counterfeiting, variability between bottles.

    So you see, you're better off getting Chez Bond and Hamptons than GIT and SMW. You can't compare any other Bond frags with other Creed frags though, it's apples and oranges after those two rip-offs. I'm not saying it's right for Bond No.9 to plagiarize off of Creed's best sellers; it isn't. However, ordering a Bond gives you piece of mind, while ordering Creed is constant worry. I just bought a Creed tester off of eBay, and I'm very scared about it's freshness and variability...

    It's only expensive if you're not smart enough to find a deal...
    Last edited by somethinpositiv; 15th February 2008 at 08:27 PM.
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

  12. #12

    Default Re: Bond No. 9

    Quote Originally Posted by Zerby View Post
    Lucky Scent.
    Luckyscent doesn't carry Bond.

    I would go through www.beautycafe.com If you get them at TPC, you will get the tiny 1ml size. At Beautycafe they send the standard Bond No. 9 "candy wrapper" (i think they are 2.5ml) samples. At least they used to.

    Plus Basenoters get a 10% percent discount on orders. Not to mention, the owner (Lisa) is a Basnotes member and you will be supporting her business.

    Lisa is the best!

  13. #13
    Quixotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,219

    Default Re: Bond No. 9

    Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    Both Bond and Creed are nice houses. Creed has an old history and clout in popular society. It is like buying and collecting Creed makes you instantly cool and stamped for approval. (YAWN). I own and love 3 Creeds and 1 Bond, have owned many more and sold away. I would say Creed is broader than Bond, more label appeal to those who need it, and the frags smell great (most of them). But, hello.....there are other houses that make great scents...and dare I say...better than Creed. I believe in balance. I don't put all my eggs in one basket, but respect the reasons why some do. But if you are gonna tell everyone to just buy Creed...don't expect everyone on this board to lend the comment much credibility.
    Amen!!

    Quote Originally Posted by somethinpositiv View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree with you there. Sure Chez Bond and Hamptons are precise rip-offs of Creed's 2 best sellers, but what else is a rip-off of Creed? You could make the argument that Wall Street is a rip-off of Millesime Imperial (Creed's 3rd best seller), but if you tested them side-by-side you'll realize that sea kale is not the same note as watermelon, not even close.

    While I love Creed (GIT, MI, BdP, Selection Verte), Bond No.9 makes more modern scents, and the scents which they didn't rip off of other houses are original and magnificent. I'd like to hear anyone name the Creed counterpart to Bleecker Street, Eau de New York, Silver Factor, West Side, Little Italy, or Chinatown.

    In general (not counting the counterfeits), Bond No.9 is far more modern smelling than Creed. And while I don't mind smelling like an old man once in a while with Bois du Portugal (a damn good smelling old man), as a 20 year old I can appreciate the modern youthful energy that Bond No.9 has to offer.
    I agree!

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    158

    Default Re: Bond No. 9

    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by somethinpositiv View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree with you there. Sure Chez Bond and Hamptons are precise rip-offs of Creed's 2 best sellers, but what else is a rip-off of Creed? You could make the argument that Wall Street is a rip-off of Millesime Imperial (Creed's 3rd best seller), but if you tested them side-by-side you'll realize that sea kale is not the same note as watermelon, not even close.

    While I love Creed (GIT, MI, BdP, Selection Verte), Bond No.9 makes more modern scents, and the scents which they didn't rip off of other houses are original and magnificent. I'd like to hear anyone name the Creed counterpart to Bleecker Street, Eau de New York, Silver Factor, West Side, Little Italy, or Chinatown.

    In general (not counting the counterfeits), Bond No.9 is far more modern smelling than Creed. And while I don't mind smelling like an old man once in a while with Bois du Portugal (a damn good smelling old man), as a 20 year old I can appreciate the modern youthful energy that Bond No.9 has to offer.
    Wall St. is a rip off of Erolfa. Just not as good.
    Silver Factory IS nice and may be a stand alone.
    All in all though, Bond doesnt make a good jr. partner to Creed
    Bleecker st. smells like a 185.00 mistake.
    Creed is to Originality as Bond is to wanna be. Frag speaking.
    Last edited by mttafire; 15th February 2008 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  15. #15

    Default Re: Bond No. 9

    Quote Originally Posted by mttafire View Post
    Bleecker st. smells like a 185.00 1.7 ounce mistake.
    To me Bleecker Street smells like a 3.3 oz best $100 I ever spent.
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

  16. #16
    Teddius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Virginia
    Posts
    327

    Default Re: Bond No. 9

    Another thing to consider, especially if you are going to buy on the grey market...are counterfeits. There has been a lot of traffic on this lately, and I don't wanna add to the hyperbole.

    But I don't think that anyone has begun actively tampering with/adulterating the Bond scents yet.

    For me, I love Bond Hamptons. It smells superficially like SMW, but dries down very different. The absence of the Creed base makes it smell cleaner, brighter, and less piquant. It blends with my skin much better.

    Teddius

  17. #17

    Vivek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    1,398

    Default Re: Bond No. 9

    Whats up with all this Bond bashing, I mean disliking a certain fragrance is understandable, but a whole house?

    Sure New Haarlem, Hamptons, Chez Bond and as some people think Wall Street are similar to classics, but I feel they are upgraded and modernized versions that are also aimed at these target groups. I'm not a big fan of Bond no 9 as a house, as I feel they are marketed towards the nouveau riche and for people with little taste (i.e the cool but tacky bottles, that are only ok because the shit is so expensive)

    But, despite all this, I find the scents fantastic, I am a big fan of Hamptons (Which I prefer over SMW, as my dad wears it :P) Bleecker Street, Wall Street (Doesn't smell like Erolfa to my nose) New Haarlem (which is what I consider to be a fantastic Rochas inspired gourmand scent) and Nuits de NoHo, mainly for the creative notes and fantastic blend.

    If you can't justify your opinions, and how you feel the two fragrances smell similar, and if you haven't experienced both arm against arm and thought about longevity, sillage, composition and note exposure, your comment doesn't really have any validity.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Bond No. 9

    My personal top six would be:

    Andy Warhol Silver Factory
    Coney Island
    Hamptons
    Riverside Drive
    Wall Street
    Little Italy

    Have fun and let us know what you pick up!

  19. #19

    Default Re: Bond No. 9

    Quote Originally Posted by somethinpositiv View Post
    To me Bleecker Street smells like a 3.3 oz best $100 I ever spent.
    Sorry somethinpositiv to tell you somethinnegativ but, Bleecker Street is bond's answer to original vetiver. No, they are no identical in EVERY aspect but it doesn't take a Ph.D to know where the inspiration came from. As people have noted:

    Chez bond = GIT
    hamptons = SMW
    wall street = Erolfa
    Bleecker Street = Original Vetiver
    etc etc etc

    On the womens side, there are rip offs of spring flowers in a couple variations as well. Boooo. As far as Blecker Stree being a mistake as noted, the whole company is simply not needed. There, I said it and now I am at peace. However, I am not mad at the company. If others enjoy Bond, then more power to ya. That just leaves more creed for those who spent a few more dollars wisely,
    Last edited by Scentologist; 15th February 2008 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  20. #20

    Default Re: Bond No. 9

    Bond no. 9 has some of my favorite perfumes: Chez Bond rocks, as does New Haarlem and Bleecker Street. In fact, I'm off to find the last in that line because I'm almost out. These are resplendent perfumes and I'll always like them, regardless of any other factor, including money. Not saying I'm rich as Croesus, but I have a source where I can get Bonds for relatively cheap and I'm very happy about that.
    I also like many Creed perfumes and I believe there's enough room for both houses. If I could, I'd own just about every bottle from these two houses.
    To answer your question however, since I only have direct experience with a few, I'd choose the following:
    o Chez Bond
    o New Haarlem
    o Riverside Drive
    o Bleecker Street
    De gustibus non est disputandum

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    158

    Default Re: Bond No. 9

    I dont knock all of em.....Silver factory does smell nice.

  22. #22

    Default Re: Bond No. 9

    Bleecker St = Original Vetiver??????

    Will someone just shoot me and get this over with? Geez
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 15th February 2008 at 11:08 PM.

  23. #23

    Default Re: Bond No. 9

    Bleeker st. has that green, vetiver feel to it that OV has. BS is more smooth and synthetic. After a while, BS turns into something on its own. It becomes more gourmand as I detect a food note. As I said, BS is not the same in EVERY aspect but similar enough to know where the inspiration came from. Anyway you look at it, its a rip. If you can tell the difference between Dr. Pepper and Dr. Thunder, you should be able to understand what is happening here.

  24. #24

    Default Re: Bond No. 9

    the only Bond i am really curious to try....and i must admit i am very very curious to try it is....Nuits de Noho
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

    My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

  25. #25

    Default Re: Bond No. 9

    Someone else may be more qualified to comment on that one but I think it is one of their more unqiue scents. There is one similar to Amen but many claim is better. It has a chololate theme to it. I am not quite sure if it is Nuits de Noho. I have a sample of it but have not opened it in years.

  26. #26

    Question Re: Bond No. 9

    Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    Bleecker St = Original Vetiver??????

    Will someone just shoot me and get this over with? Geez
    hahaha I know, that made me laugh too! hahaha!

    There's not a hint of soapiness in Bleecker. And you could make the same argument that Original Vetiver has the same "feel" as something like Gendarme, but no one would confuse those two scents, lest they have a defective nose... It was Creed who plagiarized Thierry Mugler Colone to create Original Vetiver, an improved and more modern version of the original (hmmm, sounds like something Bond No.9 does, Mr. Creed). Get it straight people.
    Last edited by somethinpositiv; 16th February 2008 at 02:18 AM.
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

  27. #27

    Default Re: Bond No. 9

    Scentologist,

    I am not one one this board to question much of anything...but OV = Bleecker Street comparison is ridiculous, Congrats though...You are the first on the board to claim it. It is yours now, I would love to hear more...seriously. Keep going into more depth. I have them both on each arm...and have worn both for two years now...and have never even pondered a connection. But go ahead...tell us more.
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 16th February 2008 at 02:45 AM.

  28. #28

    Default Re: Bond No. 9

    Jock, I have had the both as well. My distaste for BS lead me to get rid of it. The smooth vetiver feel was what attracted me to it and is where the similarity to OV ends but the gourmand, pungent notes eventually turned me away from it. When I say they are not similar in every aspect, it would help if you took it literally. For the third time, I feel BS was inspired by OV. Does chez bond truly smell like GIT? Not in quality and I am sure some notes are even dissimilar however, the end result leaves on to realize where the inspiration was taken from. Does cool water truely smell like GIT? No but it is obvious to see how it was inspired. Yes, OV is more like mugler colonge but because Creed came out with a smooth, green fragrance, Bond answered by having one in their line.

    If I took anise, vanilla, and wormwood, blended them, what would you say my inspiration was from? Perhaps au masculine, perhaps le male.....you get the point. One thing to note is Bond's incredible trend. I have been looking for Bond to come out with a citrus and coconut fragrance. If not, then perhaps a tropical fragrance. Don't think that they haven't been brooding over how to change it up enough to call it their own. Wise up laddy. I recently bought riverside drive but gave it away. Now, I would buy that peasant water at Royalty prices on no day for integrity reasons. To be fair, I have tried their most recent offerings; DNA, etc. Yawn. Can you say Gucci PH? Hey dude, you can have all the Bond you want. Your money funds their talent if you feel they have some. I feel BS should be sold at wal mart as a version of OV.
    Last edited by Scentologist; 16th February 2008 at 03:19 AM.

  29. #29

    Default Re: Bond No. 9

    Saying Bleeker Street smells like Original Vetiver is the equivalent to saying Chanel 5 smells like Brut.

  30. #30

    Default Re: Bond No. 9

    Your are digging a hole so big, I can't see you...Scentologist!!!!! Scentologist!!! Can you climb out for a sec. Give it up, You find more people here to agree with you on your comparison and I will buy you some more liquor to sip on while you type young man. It is not there...you are stretching bud, Not a Bond fan here so not defending them. You are just spiraling here that is all. OV and Bleecker Street are not close.....do want to get back in the hole you are digging, or do you need help shoveling it back up? The copying thing is just ridiculous here, stop drinking the Creed juice man. You can be cool without it I promise.
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 16th February 2008 at 03:25 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000