Code of Conduct

Default Best Daily Shampoo?

I need to wash my hair everyday, or it will look bad. Lately I've been using Bigelow's daily shampoo, anyone have other ideas? I am looking for other options, as I tend to switch off every quarter or so. Thanks.

Default Re: Best Daily Shampoo?

Have you ever heard of "Clear"? I've used it awhile ago, I don't know if it's still being produced, and it's strips the previous day's build up. The caveat though is to use conditioner following to avoid the dryness. Just a sugesstion.

I like Dove shampoo. Very simple, does a good job, rinses clean........
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Redken For Men shampoo
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

i love the american crew daily shampoo. i also keep a bottle of peppermint cleanse to wash with once a week to really give it a good clean. i don't condition at all
    current favourites: guerlain vetiver, trumper eucris, adp colonia
    latest swag: cdg man2, lolita lempicka au masculin
    next buys: keiko mecheri oliban, michael by michael kors

I'm using Jason brand Tea Tree. It smells great and seems to help fend off dry scalp. It takes a bit more to work up a good lather, but you get 18oz where most shampoo bottles are 12-14, so I think that's a fair trade off.

Thumbs up Re: Best Daily Shampoo?

Kiehl's Amino Acid Shampoo

Last edited by ROBERTO; 2nd March 2010 at 12:25 PM.

As a clean shaven guy (a.k.a. bald eagle, a.k.a. eight-ball, a.k.a. buzz boy), I find that nothing's better on my scalp than what's good on the rest of my skin. I usually just use good French milled lavender or carnation soap, or else just Neutrogena Rainbath. (Shampoo per se is, for Yours Truly, somewhat of a moot point.)
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 25th February 2008 at 03:15 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Neutrogena.

Try Aveda's Shampure...cleans well without stripping your hair of natural oils. My husband has been using for years and always comments how well it works.

I agree with SculptureOfSoul about Jason's Tea Tree Oill shampoo. It is naturally anti-bacterial and anti-fungal, and seems to keep the scalp's PH normal.

Nancy Boy. Nothing else is even close.

As a couple mentioned here already,
    Redken for Men and Aveda Shampure are really good. Stay away from the cheap stuff. My gf is a cosmetologist and she always says, if the cheap stuff worked well wouldn't I use it to save money at work. If you have extra cash and can find the stuff Alterna "White Truffels" is awesome.

I would like to try the Truefitt daily hair shampoo though, has anyone here tried it?

I rotate: Pert, American Crew, Biolage Matrix, Scrupples, Paul Mitchell Tea Tree, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by scottdurand View Post
    As a couple mentioned here already,
    Redken for Men and Aveda Shampure are really good. Stay away from the cheap stuff. My gf is a cosmetologist and she always says, if the cheap stuff worked well wouldn't I use it to save money at work. If you have extra cash and can find the stuff Alterna "White Truffels" is awesome.

I would like to try the Truefitt daily hair shampoo though, has anyone here tried it?
    Funny you should ask I have been using Truefitt & Hill's frequent use for three months and like it a lot. My only problem is I change after a cycle, as I don't experience good results sticking with the same product, so I was looking for other ideas in posting this thread. I would recommend the T&H very much.

Thanks for the thumbs up on the Truefitt. I also find that my hair looks best when I switch between a few different brands after a bottle cycle. As soon as my current bottle of Alterna runs out I am going to pick up a bottle of Truefitt at the local store that stocks it. How would you describe the Truefitt fragrance?

Quote Originally Posted by scottdurand View Post
    Thanks for the thumbs up on the Truefitt. I also find that my hair looks best when I switch between a few different brands after a bottle cycle. As soon as my current bottle of Alterna runs out I am going to pick up a bottle of Truefitt at the local store that stocks it. How would you describe the Truefitt fragrance?
    I can't remember the fragrance very well. Modest. very pleasant and more or less masculine. Attractive.

Sports Solutions Re-Proteinizing Shampoo
    Specially formulated for athletic people who wash their hair more than once a day. The chelating shampoo gently sequesters dirt and pollutants, then suspends them in a rich lather. It will not strip hair of its essential oils and moisture. Aloe Vera, Proteins, Jojoba AOil, Vitamins A, D, & E, and Tea Tree Oil condition and soften over worked hair. Use daily.

http://www.sportssolutionsinc.com/
    http://www.sportsmith.net/
    “love lasts a long time, but burning desire, two or three weeks.”

I find it best to rotate shampoo. Neutrogena, American Crew Daily and a few others. It also depends on the time of year. My personal experience is there is that there is no perfect shampoo you can use exclusively. Plus everyone has their own hair issues.
    In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane - Oscar Wilde

Cool Re: Best Daily Shampoo?

Well, If you've got the time before dashing off to work, get a plastic cup, break an egg and stir. Use a light application of shampoo (Neutrogena, will work in a pinch, I agree with scottduran about the cheap stuff) then rub the egg on your hair. Let it sit for at least 10 min. as you shower. Apply shampoo again in more generous doses and soap away any egg that's left on you.

It's a protein blast.

Your hair will drink it up. I learned this trick from a hairdresser/ make up artist. She would win competitions (yeah they compete in haircuts) all the time . . .

It works great, except for the time involved--and the fact that your bathroom will stink of eggs . . .

She once suggested " being uptown about it " and substituting mayonnaise for egg.
    There's a certain logic, as mayo is made primaraly of vegetable oil and egg yolk, but I suspect she was stoned when she said it--that's way too uptown for me.

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Charles Worthington London. Salon shine results full volume shampoo.
    Not expensive and works well for my hair.

I might suggest, despite you feeling you need to shampoo every day, that you replace some days with just a light conditioner/rinse. I work out pretty frequently, but (and this is backed up by the woman who cuts my hair) shampooing every day can be pretty drying to the scalp and hair. So I replace shampooing with conditioner on some days. I put it in early in my shower, let it sit, and rinse out well at the end. I try not to use too heavy of a conditioner for this. American Crew Citrus Mint works well.
    Current wardrobe: Guerlain Vetiver, Terre d'Hermes, Safari, Burberry Weekend, Fahrenheit

I use Paul Mitchel's Tea Tree line. It cleans really well, and I use a lot of product. I also love the way it makes your scalp feel really cool and tingly. You'll love it.

Ive been through Paul mitchell, redken, biosilk, niche brands, and many others but I just keep coming back to head and shoulders for some reason.

Banned

I use Bumble&Bumble Tonic shampoo. I've used other poos with tea tree oil and this is the best. Only con is the price.

i use neutrogena t-gel once a week and daily i use american crew...smells great!
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron

I switch every two months or so... i go back and forth between the Daily shampoo from Fudge and the Soda shampoo by Fresh.

I've been really impressed with Back to Basics Ginger Scalp Therapy Shampoo. I've got some dry patches on my scalp and so something which takes care of both my scalp and my hair is desirable to me. This product is unfortunately now discontinued, but still available on Ebay. I can understand why it was discontinued; it does not look, smell or even behave like any shampoo I've ever tried. It just does not have much in the way of shelf appeal; I know that I was very turned off by it and genuinely apprehensive when I first tried it. It has a liquid tar look to it but with a very liquid viscosity; the smell is not a light, appealing ginger smell like I was expecting but rather reminded me of some very medical smelling cough syrups. Then when I used it, I got no foaming action, and the smell... But I have to say that this is by far the most impressive shampoo I've ever used for both scalp and hair. My scalp has never been healthier and my hair is squeaky clean with no product buildup but also well conditioned and full of body.
    Last edited by oolong; 10th May 2008 at 05:18 PM.
    In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane - Oscar Wilde

I've been using the new Aveda Pure-formance shampoo and condition and have been liking it a lot. My response to the question though, would be Nancy Boy shampoo and (esp.) conditioner.

Dependent

I use Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree special shampoo for daily wash. Its really humid in my country and i tend to perspire quite a bit coz of the tropical weather all year round. It leaves a minty sensation on the scalp after washing off the lather, which i find very refreshing. I got hair at shoulder-length and very straight, sometimes too limp if i happen to use some conditioner, (Paul Mitchell's super skinny daily treatment)making it difficult to style as it lacks volume, most of the time i have it tied back in a pony tail. highly recommend the tea tree shampoo if your scalp is normal to slightly oily. I was perviously using kerastase Volumactive range. Id alternate between these 2 brands. if you need a shampoo for dry and hard to manage hair,Keratase BAIN OLÉO-RELAX is excellent for smoothing out the stiff hair types.
    Last edited by MFJ; 14th July 2008 at 08:25 PM.

Dependent

edited
    Last edited by MFJ; 17th August 2008 at 12:41 AM.

I love Kiehl's Tea Tree Oil Shampoo. Plus the smell is awesome...like ivy and old books

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
    Have you ever heard of "Clear"? I've used it awhile ago, I don't know if it's still being produced, and it's strips the previous day's build up. The caveat though is to use conditioner following to avoid the dryness. Just a sugesstion.
    we have it here, its meant for dandruff prone scalp yeah.... it thought it was an Asian brand, since they had Korean superstar Rain, do an ad. which was the first time id ever seen them

Banned

Nizoral. I know it's a dandruff shampoo but it is AWESOME. It is the only shampoo that can tame my wild freezy hair.

BTW washing hair everyday is unhealthy for scalp.

Currently using Baxters. Good mint scent. Relatively inexpensive, and most importantly does the job.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by play View Post
    Nizoral. I know it's a dandruff shampoo but it is AWESOME. It is the only shampoo that can tame my wild freezy hair.

yes washing of hair everyday is not good at all, the chemicals that causes lather is actually very bad for scalp. Unfortuntately where im from, its super hot and humid all year round and hiar get easily greasy. I try to wash once every 2 days, plus my hair is almost over my shoulders which makes it even worse when humidity levels are 80-90%.

Also when using conditioner, make sure to avoid as much contact with the scalp, i usually only use conditioner on the lower half section of my hair.

Ive been using the paul mitchell tea tree range for years now

does anyone here use any paul mitchell products?
    Last edited by MFJ; 17th August 2008 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by play View Post

how often should it be washed? every other day?

also, another gent commented about nancy boy shampoo. has anyone else tried this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by dogsinatub View Post
    how often should it be washed? every other day?

also, another gent commented about nancy boy shampoo. has anyone else tried this stuff?
    If you are using heavy hair products daily, such as I do with PM's Tea Tree pomade, or other gel products which leave lots of residue in the hair, then yes, washing daily is recommended.

Basenotes Institution

Keratase shampoo- any of theirs - wonderful . Expensive but a little goes a long way .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

L'Oreals Elvive Multivitamines Shampoo, it's perfect and cheap.
    Before I used Nivea for Men, didn't work well; and Schwarzkopf for men, which caused dandruff and itchy skin.

I use Pantene Classic Care Clean, works pretty well.

Clear anti-dandruff shampoo.

Apart from it, I get an extremely good grooming, combined with a true overall well-being of both hair and scalp from most shampoo lines and/or haircare products of the brands Petrole Hahn and Avon Professional.
    Last edited by Ken_Russell; 31st December 2009 at 12:58 PM.

Recently I have been using my bro's Head and Shoulders shampoo and I really love the smell.

Will there be any side effects if I use an anti dandruff shampoo even though I don't have dandruff ?
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

i started using crew shampoo.. it doesnt make a good lather, but it smells great and seems to keep my hair not too dry and not too oily.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Frances View Post
    I need to wash my hair everyday, or it will look bad. Lately I've been using Bigelow's daily shampoo, anyone have other ideas? I am looking for other options, as I tend to switch off every quarter or so. Thanks.
    Everyday shampoo can damage your hair. You should only be using shampoo three or four times a week and put on conditioner instead. When you apply conditioner on your hair, leave it on for five minutes before rinsing. When you do this, you'll discover that your hair has become smoother and softer.

I used to have this Irish Moss shampoo that was great, but cannot recall where I got it.

Pert gives plenty of body, and once weekly I use Denorex with coal tar.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumeGoddess View Post
    Everyday shampoo can damage your hair. You should only be using shampoo three or four times a week and put on conditioner instead. When you apply conditioner on your hair, leave it on for five minutes before rinsing. When you do this, you'll discover that your hair has become smoother and softer.
    I have curly hair and almost never use shampoo. Just rinse your hair in the shower without touching it for about a minute and then "wash" it with a conditioner. I've been doing it that way for about 4 years and it works great.

Fructis Daily 2-in-1 for Normal Hair. This is the best shampoo/conditioner combo I have ever come across. And it's not expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by chad278 View Post
    i love the american crew daily shampoo.l
    What I use as well. Good stuff!
    ~Mark~

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    Keratase shampoo- any of theirs - wonderful . Expensive but a little goes a long way .
    True that.

I also use a little bit of Joico once in a while, but mostly, I prefer Garnier Fructis because its a good buy for the money.

I used Loreal Vive Pro for Men for over 3 years and recently got tired of it, I still have 4 bottles of that stuff, but right now I switched to Axe Armor. It smells really good, no side effects so I can;t complain about it.

Aveda Rosemary Mint

Blog Entries

I don't use shampoo - I use this: http://www.terressentials.com/haircare.html

It's a "mud" that gets rid of all the unnatural stuff like plastics, toxins, styling products, residue, etc. Your hair will feel like sh*t for the first week or so, but afterward (using a castile soap w/ apple cidar vinegar rinse as a conditioner for two days helps speed up the detox process) it'll start looking and feeling great.
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

DeepSilence

Have you heard about Gentle Shampoo? It's not a brand. It's a shampoo for daily use. If you want to use it, maybe you have to wash your hair several times(specialy for who has a greasy hair). Klorane (Pierre Fabre is making it) has a Gentle shampoo for example.
    Search it on internet, you can find it.

Quote Originally Posted by perfume4life View Post
    This
    LOL. a classic one
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

I change, the last is flex by Revlon
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2