Code of Conduct

Thread: fruity floral

Default fruity floral

Right now I think I have too many musky patchouli stuff. I'm looking for a fruity floral that's young and fresh, but not TOO juvenile. Suggestions?
    "Cleanliness and order are not matters of instinct; they are matters of education, and like most great things, you must cultivate a taste for them." Benjamin Disraeli

Default Re: fruity floral

I think Osmoz considers Jil Sander No 4 a fruity floral. I'd consider it more Floriental personally. Either way it is a lovely perfume with opening fruity notes that mature to rich floral and then a mossy/ambry Oriental bottom.

For flirty fruity floral, I really like YSL Baby Doll a lot. While it's sweet with a grapefuity opening, this one actually matures on me and goes through an interesting dryout from rose and freesia (kind of orange-y notes) to ginger and then has a lovely, clear cedar dryout- not too woody, but cedar all the same. Works good in the summer, but I like to wear it in the winter time too as a kind of light "surprise." I would definitely consider this one "young and fresh."
    Respond intelligently even to unintelligent treatment.
    - Lao Tzu

OK, the new Versace (2007) is fabulous, as well as Prada's Infusion d'Iris. I would highly recommend giving those two a try!

Creed Spring FLowers is definitely fruity-floral. It's way too fruity for me, laden with peaches, pears and melon mixed with a burst of sharp florals that dry down softly.

MPG Rose Muskissime is nice fruity rose with a soft musk base.
    Hypnose is a nice peachy, passionflower and vanilla combo. (i love love love this on a woman)

Not my favourite family, but Tresor is dearly loved.

Allure
    Gio
    champs-elysees
    Van cleef
    DONNA

Basenotes Institution

Check out this old thread: http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=180619

One I'd recommend: Sugar Lychee by Fresh
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Riviera dei Fiori near Sanremo and Alassio

Lady Caron!
    Top note : Magnolia, Jasmine, Neroli

Middle note : Rose, Raspberry, Peach

Base note : Oakmoss, Sandalwood

http://www.osmoz.com/encyclo/marques...RFUM&LANGUE=en
    A, quales ego mane rosas procedere vidi!
    Nascebantur adhuc neque erat par omnibus aetas.

AG has lots of fruity florals- Folavril, Petite Cherie, Eau de Charlotte.

Fruity florals I love:

Femme
    Un Air de Molinard
    Nirmala [ better than Angel- it came first- on the oriental side]
    PdN Balkis [rose and raspberry]
    Cristalle
    Rose Ikebana
    Mure et Musc
    MPG Soie Rouge

There are more, but I'm having a brain fart.

Quote Originally Posted by Merbert View Post
    Creed Spring FLowers is definitely fruity-floral. It's way too fruity for me, laden with peaches, pears and melon mixed with a burst of sharp florals that dry down softly.
    I second this. I sampled it this week and loved it. But yes, it's sharp, and you can really pick up the peaches and other fruits in there. It's very long-lasting too.
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

John Varvatos just came out with a scent for women that's being billed as fruity-floral. I sniffed it at Saks Fifth Avenue today and it didn't strike me as being too juvenile.

I'll have to co-sign on the new Versace, which I love by the way, and Spring Flowers. I am currently in love with my Versace perfume. I can definitely see me getting another bottle of this many times.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom with a bit of her Vintage Gardenia blended on a wrist is pure magic. Fruity-floral and beyond!
    Bel Respiro, I adore you... but my heart belongs to another.

Have you tried the new Burberry Brit Sheer?

They only sell it at Nordstrom, and at the Burberry website. I sniffed this recently at the store and loved it. Light, fruity, soft. Wonderful. Give it a try. You can buy samples of it on ebay if you don't have a Nordstrom near you.

top notes: Yuzu, Pinapple, Mandarin, Grapes
    middle notes: Pink peony, Peach Blossom, Nashi
    dry down: White Musk, Blonde Woods