Code of Conduct

Default Hot Damn I finally did it and DustB helped me :).

Yes, Yes, Yes !!!!!!!!! I finally did it, took me a while but I finally completed 1,000 posts and became a 5 Star General at Basenotes. DustB and some members tried to nudge me on to get me over the hump, in Nicolas V ‘s thread when he completed 1000 posts. Thanks guys.

I would like thank Danielle, Grant and all the moderators at Basenotes for that.

I wrote some good posts, some mediocre and some bad ones which I would like to take back, during this time period. I did mature through the process I must say .

All in all it has been a journey, a journey in which I made a lot of good friends along the way. Some of you I have corresponded through the forum and emails. Most of you I have talked with on the phone too. It has been a pleasure my friends.

I do want to thank all the basenotes friends to allow me the honor of getting this status, without you this forum would not be a success.

Thanks.

Oh one more thing : although there are many 5 Star Generals here, there is one that holds a Jedi Status , the one that has the most posts at Basenotes. Can anyone guess who that is ? .
    Last edited by maisonstinky; 17th February 2008 at 12:46 AM.
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Default Re: Hot Damn I finally did it and DustB helped me :).

Congrats! I was watching intensely to see if you made it today! Good job! And let's have another 1000!

Cheers!
    "Faites des bêtises, mais faites les avec enthousiasme !" Colette

congrats man

damn.. *watches his stars* :P soon..

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Congrats Vijay!

Congrats, you finally did it! Today is a big day for new generals

I think the Jedi member might be Tigrushka? She has 8,863 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW View Post
    Congrats, you finally did it! Today is a big day for new generals

I think the Jedi member might be Tigrushka? She has 8,863 posts.
    Thanks guys

Chris that was quick man Tigs is the Jedi .
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Tigs is the Jedi, but we all know Mando is the Dark Lord of the Sith. He would have topped that 10 times over by now if he were still around...

Haha, yeah it always surprised me how far ahead she was. But she is a mod. I think the 2nd place poster has something in the 4000s.

Congratulations!

And DustB has about 5600 himself.

Congratulations! It seems like there has been a rash of 5-star promotions over the last couple of months. You guys are role models for us newbies.
    j
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

I wouldn't be able to do this if it's a full time job. Congratulations Basenotes' Allstar!

Congratulations Vijay!

Definitely awesome...1000 posts seems so far away, until I realize that I have done over 400 in two months.
    Current Wishlist: Vetiver Extraordinaire, Rousse & Opus 1870

congrats to a job well done
    current favourites: guerlain vetiver, trumper eucris, adp colonia
    latest swag: cdg man2, lolita lempicka au masculin
    next buys: keiko mecheri oliban, michael by michael kors

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Warmest congratulations, Vijay! You're the genuine article, a great guy, and it's been wonderful having you on board.

Did you guys know this man can work miracles? Well, he has for me.

Thanks a million, Vijay, and here's to your thousand posts!
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

Congratulations Vijay!!

I would never have met you without Basenotes. I really enjoy your friendship and our conversations.

So, my best wishes to you and to your next 1,000 posts!

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Congrats, Vijay and welcome to the five-star group! Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by maisonstinky View Post
    Thanks guys

Chris that was quick man Tigs is the Jedi .
    Oh dear, I don't keep an eye on the number of posts but now that it was brought up, I must keep an eye for the 8888 post!
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebark View Post
    Tigs is the Jedi, but we all know Mando is the Dark Lord of the Sith. He would have topped that 10 times over by now if he were still around...
    Last edited by tigrushka; 17th February 2008 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Vijay is one of the members who makes this place the great place it is. He's always got an ear for what's happening on a thread and what's the best for the thread's health and thus the forum's health. 987 posts of service and sincere help to members, with the last dozen or so in teasing fun with ChrisW, Bromo, and me. (Couple other good fun posts too.)

Thanks for the thousand, Vijay. It's such a good round number of accomplishment. On to two thousand now!
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Vijay, you sure-footedly climbed the mountaintop laying a path of insightful commentary and advice. "The path is the goal" really applies here. Thanks and here's to a 1000 more
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Vijay, welcome to 5 Star General Status! Glad to see that some people decided to help you pick up the pace

Cheers.

Cool Re: Hot Damn I finally did it and DustB helped me :).

Vijay's great, and btw the new 5 star general has a birthday coming up next month

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Good job on the 5-star!

I hope to join the elite ranks soon as well!

Thumbs up Re: Hot Damn I finally did it and DustB helped me :).

Hi Vijay,

I really appreciate our friendship and your insightful posts. Congrats Sir on a fine accomplishment.

All the Best

Rick
    For sale post

[url]http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=190169[/url]

" I wanna have my kicks before the whole s--t house goes up in flames"

Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

Thumbs up Re: Hot Damn I finally did it and DustB helped me :).

Good to hear from you again, Vijay. Job well done! Your posts are always insightful and informative.

Thank you everbody for the kind words, really appreciate it.

OK Chris I am wearing Gucci Envy today , put my Varvatos bottle away for now .

Any comments on the Envy .
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

In addition to the 1,000+ posts, take a look at V's 58 Positive Feedback notes!

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

This post made me notice my post count. I didn't realize many here are so caught up in the number of posts as a status indicator. I personally do not care about the number of posts, just the quality of posting. However, congrats and now perhaps I will check my post number from time to time!

Quote Originally Posted by maisonstinky View Post
    Thank you everbody for the kind words, really appreciate it.

OK Chris I am wearing Gucci Envy today , put my Varvatos bottle away for now .

Any comments on the Envy .
    Actually, this Chris does! Is there a difference between the New and Old Gucci Envy? The pine needle green (old) vs. the now neon green juice (new)? I keep getting conflicting answers.
    Last edited by ChrisW; 17th February 2008 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW View Post
    Actually, this Chris does! Is there a difference between the New and Old Gucci Envy? The pine needle green (old) vs. the now neon green juice (new)? I keep getting conflicting answers.
    Sorry Chris, haven't tried the new one yet, so can't answer that. Would love to know if anybody else has tried both.
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Congratulations!!

No problem. Yeah, even for those who have tried both, there have been conflicting answers. There's an old thread about this matter that gets bumped up every so often, but no solid answer.

Good for you V. I've made my 10 post mark

Well done, Vijay - general, gentleman, and scholar. Lots more posts, please.
    Last edited by Sestra; 17th February 2008 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
    Good for you V. I've made my 10 post mark

Plus 400...you're getting there my man.
    Current Wishlist: Vetiver Extraordinaire, Rousse & Opus 1870

Thanks for all your considered, insightful, humble and wise commentary Vijay..

Oh yeah, and all those wonderful Montales you sold me . Can you still get them?
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    This post made me notice my post count. I didn't realize many here are so caught up in the number of posts as a status indicator. I personally do not care about the number of posts, just the quality of posting. However, congrats and now perhaps I will check my post number from time to time!

To me the number of posts, in and of itself, does not connote status - especially if the majority of the posts are frivolous, are just made to hear oneself speak and don't advance the subject of the thread.

However when, like Vijay, the vast majority of a member's posts indicate that they are listening to others' questions and comments and are genuinely interested in assisting that person and the community, then it connotes a dedication to excellence that should be celebrated!!
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Congrats Vijay!! You were already a five star gentleman and human being in my eyes. Thanks for being such a good friend and for your patience with all my endless ?'s and plethera of phone calls. Have you found a chimp to ride along yet?lol
    Take care and talk to you soon.
    J

Congratulations to a cool guy!