Code of Conduct
    akenep

Default Looking for Creed Silver Mountain Water alternative

I was wondering if there is anything close to Creed Silver Mountain Water that was a little less
    expensive. I like the way Silver Mountain Water smells but right now it is to pricey for me.

Any alternatives?
    Last edited by akenep; 17th February 2008 at 03:31 AM.

Default Re: Looking for Creed Silver Mountain Water alternative

There is a new 2.5oz tester on ebay for $70. I would go for it if you can swing it.

Nothing is going to smell as good......if you like SMW, find a way to get SMW.
    Current Wishlist: Vetiver Extraordinaire, Rousse & Opus 1870

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by akenep View Post
    I was wondering if there is anything close to Creed Silver Mountain Water that was a little less
    expensive. I like the way Silver Mountain Water smells but right now it is to pricey for me.

Any alternatives?
    What do you like about Silver Mountain Water?

I think SMW is very tart. Almost makes me pucker up when I apply it. It combines this tart fruitiness with a wonderful water accord that I've described before as muddy water. I don't mean that as an insult, it actually smells like puddles of rain water. Which is, I guess, what the name implies.

Another tart fragrance (albeit slightly more floral) is Rose (Series 2) by Comme des Garcons.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by primetime34 View Post
    I agree. Because you're going to spend 50 bucks or more trying to find something that you want to be comparable. And afterwards, you're still going to be left wanting a bottle of Silver Mountain Water. It's human nature.

just hunt down the best price you can...

best of luck!
    current favourites: guerlain vetiver, trumper eucris, adp colonia
    latest swag: cdg man2, lolita lempicka au masculin
    next buys: keiko mecheri oliban, michael by michael kors

Amouage Arcus is a much better alternative. Wait, that's more expensive...
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

The two suggestions, that I can think of, are both pricier than SMW, plus, SMW can be found cheaply on ebay, but i'd reccomend buying a tester and off a reputable seller, so you know you're getting good quality stuff

Mate...there isn't an awful lot that you'll be able to save IF you buy any 'substitute' scent. Besides there is no 'perfect substitute' for SMW....There is Bond Hamptons but again thats even pricier..On ebay you can get a 2.5oz tester...definitely genuine....for something like less than 80bucks shipped....I think its a great price....even more so if you like something and really want it badly...

SMW indeed is a fantastic cologne....so i'd say go for the real thing...If you find something thats remotely similar to it and then spend say 40bucks on it...whats the point? Its always going to haunt you that it isnt SMW.....so go for the real thing.....

gupts

Agreed.

Ebay is a great way to go, but as has been mentioned, get a tester so that you are sure it is genuine.

Sur la Plage

Ditto

I have never been quoted as many times in a thread as I am here. Of course that is because the statement is true. Too much money could be spent trying to buy a similarity and by that time you would have what you originally wanted.

akenp,
    I had the exact same question as you several months ago. I found out that the SIMILAR designer choices are Carolina Herrera 212 and Azzaro Chrome. HOWEVER, the notes are not really the same in these scents. If you've tested SMW, and you can easily test the other two anywhere, you'll notice that they are slightly harsher and more synthetic compared to the Creed.
    SMW has a wonderful black currant note that I also love. After testing several Creeds, I decided that SMW is the only one I'll go for. I decided against getting the designer ones because they're not really that inexpensive. I might just get a 1 oz. size of Creed SMW but I'll know I'll be happier.
    TRY FOR YOURSELF AND SEE HOW YOU FEEL. You may still want to go for the alternatives but I don't find them a good value.
    RM