Code of Conduct

Default And in this corner: Michael Kors and in that corner:Bogart

I wanted to get some more(or updated) reactions on these heavyweights...I ended up going with Bogart PH after some great reviews on this site and i must say that i really dig it...i like it more as a room spray than a body spray, but its very nice.

I often here Bogart compared to Kors, but im here to tell you if there was a matchup between the two, i would have to score in favor of kors. I tried it again the other day and i must say, its freakin awesome. I do get that burned wood note like some mention, but it subsides....the opening notes are knock your socks off good....the basenotes are just downright pure masculine sexiness.

Though i like bogart, Michael by kors is the man baby....sorry Bogey. Hey Michael, "Heres looking at you kid"

Default Re: And in this corner: Michael Kors and in that corner:Bogart

I also prefer Michael Kors.....it just smells great and develops so well.
    Current Wishlist: Vetiver Extraordinaire, Rousse & Opus 1870

Although I have gained enough knowledge about fragrances to occasionally sound halfway intelligent, I still very much have a newbie nose, so take my comments for what they are worth.

While I consider both Michael Kors for Men and Bogart pour Homme excellent fragrances, I do not find them similar at all.

They do share a few common notes (bergamot, patchouli, spices/incense) but follow widely divergent paths.

Michael Kors for Men is classified in the Dry Woods (Leather) family which happens to be my favorite fragrance category. Despite this, I prefer Bogart pour Homme over Michael Kors.

To my nose, Michael Kors is similar to many other leathers and does not stand out from the crowd.

Bogart pour Homme smells very unique to me. Although it is basically just a woody aromatic fougere it has a prominent floral note that somehow sets it apart and puts it, imo, head and shoulders above the vast majority of fragrances.

If you like Michael Kors for the tobacco/leather notes, do not stop with MKfM, there are so many better - much better - leather scents out there.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Haven't smelled Bogart yet but I own Kors and love it. Wore it a club a month ago and it was awesome, again.

I bought Michael very cheaply ($18) when Filenes was closing, when I first arrived in Boston. I wore it pretty regularly in the first month, during a very stressful transition period. Then I stopped, and haven't gone back. Now it just leaves me cold, probably due to the memory association. But I did like it for a while there...
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

I like them both very much! Yes, there are some similarities, but I also think Bogart has some similarities with Chanel Allure too (though I never tested them at the same time... it's more of a memory/association). Kors seems smoother, gentler... while Bogart is more projecting and perhaps elegant. Thanks to Dimitrios for turning me on to Bogart - I've enjoyed it so far, and I think there is space for both Kors and Bogart in one's wardrobe!
    Last edited by Schachman; 18th February 2008 at 02:34 PM.
    "Faites des bętises, mais faites les avec enthousiasme !" Colette

Hello Freinds ... & thanks for the mention Jason .
    Good to see most of us all here saying nice things about both !!
    I have room in my wardrobe for both and to me are not similiar enough to bother me .. so I agree with you TwoRoads .
    Prior to X'mas I did vent my frustration at the longevity of Kors in a loving manner ... but carrying an atomiser doesn't bother me anymore ..
    I recently decanted some Bogart into an atomiser and the funnell still smells so sweet 4 days later !!!
    So summing up ....
    Jndba ... Why one would wanna use this as roomspray is beyond me .. .. I guess its better than the other shit we spray around so go for it , cause you like it .
    Schachman ... It is indeed elegant
    MrCoffee ....Go get some as soon as possible

My bottom line is ... to much Kors has gotten cloying and a tad sickly sweet on me but I haven't found this with Bogart so far .

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Smile Re: And in this corner: Michael Kors and in that corner:Bogart

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    Hello Freinds ... & thanks for the mention Jason .
    Good to see most of us all here saying nice things about both !!
    I have room in my wardrobe for both and to me are not similiar enough to bother me .. so I agree with you TwoRoads .
    Prior to X'mas I did vent my frustration at the longevity of Kors in a loving manner ... but carrying an atomiser doesn't bother me anymore ..
    I recently decanted some Bogart into an atomiser and the funnell still smells so sweet 4 days later !!!
    So summing up ....
    Jndba ... Why one would wanna use this as roomspray is beyond me .. .. I guess its better than the other shit we spray around so go for it , cause you like it .
    Schachman ... It is indeed elegant
    MrCoffee ....Go get some as soon as possible

My bottom line is ... to much Kors has gotten cloying and a tad sickly sweet on me but I haven't found this with Bogart so far .
    The way i was turned on to bogart was by a thread i started asking if there was a frag that smelled like tobacco and patchouli because i have a banana republic candle that smells of tobacco, cigar wrapper and patchouli called Nightcap....and bogart was given thumbs up by many. I really dig it, though right at first it has somewhat of a bugspray effect on my skin...when it dries i find it strikingly similar to maubussin pour homme which is nice, but not exactly what i am in to...i guess thats why i like kors so much because of the cherry tobacco feel....try bogie as a room spray though, it smells just like that great candle but more powerful....and your right the sweet smell is everlasting, hence why your room should smell of it!

Thanks for all the talkback guys!

I don't know Bogart, but I love Michael Kors. This is significant because it is the only leather that I can wear. I tried so hard to love Creed Royal Delight and Caron Tabac Blond, but every other leather that I've tried just doesn't sit well with my stomach. Kors has just the right amount of sweetness, it is divine.
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

Quote Originally Posted by somethinpositiv View Post
    I don't know Bogart, but I love Michael Kors. This is significant because it is the only leather that I can wear. I tried so hard to love Creed Royal Delight and Caron Tabac Blond, but every other leather that I've tried just doesn't sit well with my stomach. Kors has just the right amount of sweetness, it is divine.
    Yeah, Divine is probably the most appropriate adjective to describe it...its so mellow and attractive. To me this could be niche, in that it is so different than most other stuff out there and it is daring, but beautifully crafted. I am kicking myself still for not picking up a bottle yet...im sure now that this will be my next purchase, followed by Musc Kublai Kahn if i could get anyone to buy it for me in europe, which i am working on.