Code of Conduct

Default Jacomo de Jacomo - Rive Gauche's angry older brother?

Recently bought Jacomo in a package deal on Ebay. Didn't really know anything about it, but I gave it a wearing last night to the club. I have to say it's very reminiscent of Rive Gauche but much less refined and dignified. It's as if Tom Ford set out to smooth over Jacomo's primal nature for the Serge Gainsbourgs of the world. The progression is almost the same of both scents but the cloves & patchouli are really turned up in Jacomo. Still, I think Jacomo is a brillant scent and must learn to harness this beast!
    Last edited by manicboy; 18th February 2008 at 05:58 AM.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Default Re: Jacomo de Jacomo - Rive Gauche's angry older brother?

Narciso Rodriguez shares a lot with Jacomo. Jacomo is NR's cousin with questionable hygiene. Jacomo to my nose is only pleasing in its far drydown, when its cheap smelling topnotes have swaggered into the sunset.

smeller

Yes, cheap smelling top notes is a great point on Jacomo.

This is a heavily spiced one, and I expected more from this. Great on paper. Not one of my favorites, mut I'm open to new tries.

Having said this: I'd rather wear Jacomo de Jacomo than Rive Gauche. I find this one really annoying, as most of YSL line, don't know why.

Similar? Yes, but -- to my nose -- Jacomo's much more about the clove and RG's much more about the cumin and star anise.
    BOTH are definitively, irrefutably sillage monsters AND "love them or hate them" kinds of frags.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 19th February 2008 at 12:06 AM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

I thought Eau Sauvage was Rive Gauche's mutated, angry, bloodthirsty monster. Or am I confusing scents again?
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

I thought Kouros was Rive Gauche's angry older brother? He doesn't need a brother though, I found him to be pretty angry by himself.
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances