Code of Conduct

Talking Tooth whitening, stain removal, bleach - HELP!

Hi all

A dentist friend of mine told me that there is an over the counter "dentist strength" tooth bleach available in the US. It seems all systems in the UK are very weak as they have to be by law.

Anyone know of any good brands or systems? I'm sure I can get an American friend to send it to me!

Thanks in advance

Col< Thats how white I want em, lol

Default Re: Tooth whitening, stain removal, bleach - HELP!

col, over here in australia there's been a lot of focus in the news on how over the counter tooth bleaching products are really messing with peoples tooth enamel. i'd seriously reccomend whitening to by done by dentists only, and perhaps maintain it with a good whitening toothpaste/mouthwash.
    current favourites: guerlain vetiver, trumper eucris, adp colonia
    latest swag: cdg man2, lolita lempicka au masculin
    next buys: keiko mecheri oliban, michael by michael kors

I really like GoSmile. The whitening kit is a 30 day process that I found to be pretty easy and didn't make my teeth more sensitive to cold as I'd heard from about from other brands. There are also little touch ups available too to use as aftercare, but I haven't used them for any length of time; I tried them out just because they were flavored. Mmmm, peach. You can get it at Sephora, or order it online.

Be careful with that, the only ones that are on the safe to use bracket are the lower percentage Carbamide Peroxide gels, most of the whiteners that are sold over the counter in the US have Hydrogen Peroxide, both very different (hydrogen p. irritates more for ex.) but both do have a bleaching effect (among others) , but it's all in the percentage used, a lot of them don't show what percentage content of peroxide they have.

I never had a problem with my generic whitening strips irritating anything in my mouth... just on getting them to actually stick to my teeth.
    My limited 'drobe: Boss In Motion, Armani Code, Concentre d'Orange Verte, Paul Smith Story.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

As far as over the counter available whiteners, Crest White Strips are about as good as any other. I think they have a 'high test' one available now also.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Quote Originally Posted by HughLloyd View Post
    I never had a problem with my generic whitening strips irritating anything in my mouth... just on getting them to actually stick to my teeth.
    There's a new one that will dissolve on your teeth, so you won't have to worry about the uncomfortable strip going haywire. Forgot its name but it's out there.

Banned

The brand of "bleach" I use is called Opalescence.

I would suggest you go to a dentist and get molds made of your teeth. Over time the cost is less than what you'd pay for whitestrips....

I used to have molds that were made by a dentist and used 16&#37; carbamide peroxide gel in it. It worked very well. Once I got braces though, I had to toss the molds. Now the braces are off but I'm still in the process of having a couple teeth restored and need an implant so it doesn't make sense for me to have trays made for me again just yet.

In the meantime I want to keep my teeth as white as possible, especially now because everyone is checking out my newly straightened teeth. I figured GoSmile B1 vials looked like a good way to go at this point. The set of 20 vials lasts 10 days. You use them twice a day. They are easy, haven't caused me any sensitivity and unlike the trays, didn't make parts of my gum line temporarily white. But, a little over halfway into the ten day process, I'm not seeing results. If I had it to over again, I wouldn't have used this system. I'd wait until my dental work is finished, and get trays/carbamide peroxide gel again.

there is a toothpaste brand called pearl white or something like that...they have it at target and on amazon...the stuff really whitens better than any other brand that i have tried....the rembrandt white strips work well too!
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron

Bleaches like the one you can buy are either ineffective or do teeth damage. Why don't you do it at the dentist? It's more expensive, but it's better as both effectiveness and safetiness.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bebe_delia View Post
    Bleaches like the one you can buy are either ineffective or do teeth damage. Why don't you do it at the dentist? It's more expensive, but it's better as both effectiveness and safetiness.
    My dentist's previous occupation was a butcher, and he has hands larger than my head.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

That's when you change dentists.

Hahah, indeed. That's such a weird switch in occupations, from butcher to dentist. He will probably become an electrician next.
    My limited 'drobe: Boss In Motion, Armani Code, Concentre d'Orange Verte, Paul Smith Story.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesoul View Post
    My dentist's previous occupation was a butcher, and he has hands larger than my head.
    My chiropractor used to be an electrician. Also, my ex-brother in law used to be a guy. But my dentist has always been a dentist.