Code of Conduct

Default new: OPIUM Eau d'Orient Poésie de Chine - 08

here is the new summer editions from YSL:

I find the notes to be more promising , it has no ginger like the privious two.. here is the brief from the scentedsalamander:

[Yves Saint Laurent Eau d'Orient Poésie de Chine Pour Homme & Femme (2008)

Yves Saint Laurent, like every year, are introducing two new limited-edition variations of Opium for the warmer seasons. The masculine and feminine versions in 2008 are called Eau d'Orient Poésie de Chine.
    The flacons are decorated with verses excerpted from the Book of Odes, the oldest Chinese poetry collection to date.

Opium pour Homme Poésie de Chine features top notes of grapefruit, bergamote, and star aniseed. Heart notes are orange blossom, nutmeg, and white pepper. Base notes are vetiver, sandalwood, and amber.

Opium pour Femme Poésie de Chine has a heart of Chinese magnolia and vanilla.]

Default Re: new: OPIUM Eau d'Orient Poésie de Chine - 08

That'd definitely be worth a look. The last two were very good indeed, and very wearable.
    --------------------------------------
    http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds...u_dorient.html
    Last edited by snifferdog; 18th February 2008 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I like all Opium spinoffs, and look forward to trying this one. I think this is a good way to boost sales and keep the original Opium in production. I hope they don't discontinue Rive Gauche and M7 or anything else YSL.

too bad all these summer editions are always so difficult to find on the shelves and rather few promoted

Quote Originally Posted by tariq View Post
    here is the new summer editions from YSL:

I find the notes to be more promising , it has no ginger like the privious two.. here is the brief from the scentedsalamander:

[Yves Saint Laurent Eau d'Orient Poésie de Chine Pour Homme & Femme (2008)

Yves Saint Laurent, like every year, are introducing two new limited-edition variations of Opium for the warmer seasons. The masculine and feminine versions in 2008 are called Eau d'Orient Poésie de Chine.
    The flacons are decorated with verses excerpted from the Book of Odes, the oldest Chinese poetry collection to date.

Opium pour Homme Poésie de Chine features top notes of grapefruit, bergamote, and star aniseed. Heart notes are orange blossom, nutmeg, and white pepper. Base notes are vetiver, sandalwood, and amber.

Opium pour Femme Poésie de Chine has a heart of Chinese magnolia and vanilla.]
    I love the bottle - this year - wish the change the original men's bottle to this version.
    Last edited by scentimus; 18th February 2008 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Can any Chinese reader tell us what it says on that bottle, please?

The Opium campaign still stands as one of the great marketing successes of all time. Those blissed out, rapturous women. That YSL has sustained and updated this brand for so long and even extended it to men stands as a textbook case of advertising and marketing genius (well, genius might be a bit strong).
    Sometimes one finds an antique vial which remembers,
    Whence gushes forth a living soul returned to life

Quote Originally Posted by heythatslife View Post
    The expression comes from an old Chinese song/poem book called The Book of Songs (诗经), with the whole sentence being "窈窕淑女,君子好逑。". Using unknown resource on the Internet the sentence roughly translates to "A mild-mannered good girl, fine match for the gentleman." There are probably much better translations, but you get the idea.
    Last edited by Ascella; 18th February 2008 at 03:46 PM.

This looks very interesting...Gary

Sounds fantastic...

I've been hooked on Eau d' Orient lately. Can't get enough of it .
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Bottle is gorgeous. Though looks somewhat like L'eau Bleu D'Issey on the picture.

Basenotes Institution

Beautiful bottle. Looking forward to smelling this.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Opium pour Homme is high on my list of favorites and the notes mentioned on this one sound great. Will be on my short list of what to sample when it comes out.

Basenotes Institution

Has anyone smelled these yet - they're expected to be released this month, so there musty be a tester/sample floating out there somewhere...

I contacted YSL regarding the precise release date of Poesie de Chine, and I just received the answer that it won't be avaialble in US. What???

I'll have to buy one for my collection.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Imagination has it. Who's smelled it already?

http://www.imaginationperfumery.com/...t-for-men-3471
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Pretty bottle but I have yet to like a limited edition of opium more than the original

Quote Originally Posted by heythatslife View Post
    "tester not for sale"
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    I love the bottle - this year - wish the change the original men's bottle to this version.

I totally agree - the original bottle is so cheap looking with that crappy plastic top to it.

Come on YSL, a little more taste please!

I just purchased a bottle at Douglass in Duren, Germany. I spent a lot for it but I am glad I got it. I didn't realize that it would be hard to get in the US. My wife likes this on me so it is a winner for me

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    I think the bottle looks rather cheesy, sort of like an updated Jade East. The 80's purple and the Chinese characters together, eesh!
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 23rd May 2008 at 02:16 PM.

beautyencounter.com seems to have both the 2007 & 2008 versions. I've been wondering about them for a few weeks now. They don't provide the exact name of the Opium Eau d'Orient spinoff for 2008. I'm assuming its the one we're talking about here. While we're at it, is anyone familiar with the 2007 version? Is that one worth getting or should we just go for the 2008 version?
    Last edited by Delmar; 23rd May 2008 at 05:43 PM.

I am extremely curious about this one too. Someone hurry up and blind buy it so we can hear about it.

So, I know the 2007 and 2008 fragrances are different than one another, but is there a different one for 2006 as well? The basenotes directory says that Opium pour Homme Eau d'Orient was created in 2006, and doesn't have an entry for a different 2007 or 2008 one.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by scentsual View Post
    beautyencounter.com seems to have both the 2007 & 2008 versions. I've been wondering about them for a few weeks now. They don't provide the exact name of the Opium Eau d'Orient spinoff for 2008. I'm assuming its the one we're talking about here. While we're at it, is anyone familiar with the 2007 version? Is that one worth getting or should we just go for the 2008 version?
    The 2007 was talked about here: http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=198071

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Scooter View Post
    I am extremely curious about this one too. Someone hurry up and blind buy it so we can hear about it.

So, I know the 2007 and 2008 fragrances are different than one another, but is there a different one for 2006 as well? The basenotes directory says that Opium pour Homme Eau d'Orient was created in 2006, and doesn't have an entry for a different 2007 or 2008 one.
    The 2006 vs. 2007 was compared (discussed) on this thread here:
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=194010

NOTE: I have not smelled any of the ‘Orient’ versions – I must say I am completely satisfied with the original Eau de Parfum.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Yeah, Ruggles is right- new bottle is nothing special- already looks dated. The box is better looking though.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

OMG - this is a first -

Big fan of Opium pour Homme, couldn't resist trying the Poesie version. Received last Friday, I happily doused myself with it all weekend. Great summer fragrance.

Biggest impression - nice top note of citrus. I believe it's grapefruit? A soft grapefruit.

I heartily recommend. I'd think either men or women could happily wear. The citrus makes it less, well, heavy.

The bottle is enormous - should last for a l-o-n-g time.

Yes it's nice, I mean the juice, but I like better Eau d'Orient edition.

Does anyone else notice the similarities with Eau Bleue (the bottles that is...I'm sure they smell different).

Quote Originally Posted by Katelyn View Post
    OMG - this is a first -

Big fan of Opium pour Homme, couldn't resist trying the Poesie version. Received last Friday, I happily doused myself with it all weekend. Great summer fragrance.

Biggest impression - nice top note of citrus. I believe it's grapefruit? A soft grapefruit.

I heartily recommend. I'd think either men or women could happily wear. The citrus makes it less, well, heavy.

The bottle is enormous - should last for a l-o-n-g time.
    The notes and your description look exactly like the '06 Eau D' Orient edition.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Anyone else get to sample this yet? I'm considering this as a possible "summer oriental".

Bottle looks a lot better than the slightly (ahem) tacky original Pour Homme. I wonder what the frag is like itself?

it has some similarityes with the original but feels weak and contains a little fruity note, I didn't like it
    Be who you are and say what you feel, cause those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind

Which one of these Opium Pour Homme Flankers has the most "Fresh Ginger" in it, and the most "Chai Spices" or '5 Spice" (Star Anise, Nutmeg, Cardamom, Cassia, clove) in it ??/

And if anyone can trade decants of any Eau D'Orient PH or Poesie de Chine PH, I'd greatly appreciate it. PM me.

I must say that this is the version of Opium I wear the most - it's something quite classy for a summer's day.
    Regards,
    Renato

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Which one of these Opium Pour Homme Flankers has the most "Fresh Ginger" in it, and the most "Chai Spices" or '5 Spice" (Star Anise, Nutmeg, Cardamom, Cassia, clove) in it ??/

And if anyone can trade decants of any Eau D'Orient PH or Poesie de Chine PH, I'd greatly appreciate it. PM me.
    Can't help you, unfortunately. I'm hopeless with notes.
    Regards,
    Renato

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Yes. Too bad the summer flankers are so much for difficult to obtain.