Code of Conduct

Default Anyone else catch the Luca Turin interivew?

It was on American Public Broadcasting's "The Story." The show's website www.thestory.org/ hasn't posted an audio clip or transcript yet, but I assume they'll do so soon.

The interview featured some background on Turin's life, along with an interesting explanation of the chemist's role in the fragrance industry. Turin struck me as remarkably unpretentious; who would have thought that a guy who spends his weekends in the osmotheque's galleries of rare scents would also get a kick out of sniffing magazine fragrance ads in the doctor's waiting room?

During the interview, Turin mentions a family of scents believed to go very well with food, but he didn't elaborate very much. Is anyone familiar with this family, and if so, do you have any tips about which scents enhance which meals? .

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Anyone else catch the Luca Turin interivew?

Thanks for the heads up - I'll pick up the podcast on Itunes (not available today yet).

There was an article in O Magazine back in Oct 07 I mentioned here. The author of the article Chandler Burr also held Scent Dinners in collaboration with Rosewood Hotels. Dinners specifically designed to be a combination of food and perfume. More info here.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 17th February 2008 at 03:22 PM.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Wow, the scent dinners sound awesome. The cost is prohibitive, but maybe I'll try improvising one of my own, tailored to some of my own culinary masterpieces. I wonder if Demeter makes a Ramen Noodles scent?

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Anyone else catch the Luca Turin interivew? NOW ONLINE

Now you can download or stream the Turin interview:

http://thestory.org/archive/the_stor...Scent.mp3/view

Just click the 'LISTEN HERE' button in the top right hand corner.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Great interview, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by snailhorn View Post
    During the interview, Turin mentions a family of scents believed to go very well with food, but he didn't elaborate very much. Is anyone familiar with this family, and if so, do you have any tips about which scents enhance which meals? .
    If I remember well, he referred to the family of Chypre fragrances. I can't give you any suggesitons though. It's the first time I hear this.
    Last edited by Marcello; 19th February 2008 at 08:15 PM.