Code of Conduct

Default Dolce & Gabanna the one for men television ad

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Dolce & Gabanna the one for men television ad

Very nice!

Thanks!

is that Matthew McConaughey? I'm sick of seeing that waxed, 39 year-old rock-hard body taunting me. Who's with me on this?
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Sweet! Is this stuff online yet?

It's sexy. It's got nothing on the women's ad though. They get gisele bundchen..Anyone know what the scent it like?

Basenotes Institution

I tend to avoid McConaughey (I think he's a little overhyped), but in the commercial he looks terrific. D&G got my attention!
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

The cologne isnt any good. Take notice....
    Creed doesnt need to advertize.
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by barely.conscious View Post
    It's sexy. It's got nothing on the women's ad though. They get gisele bundchen..Anyone know what the scent it like?
    You got that right! Gisele is HOT.
    Last edited by mttafire; 19th February 2008 at 04:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

As a graphic designer, I must say, that was a great commercial.

As a Firefighter, i must say: That was NOT a good commercial.
    Last edited by mttafire; 19th February 2008 at 05:20 AM.

Ohhh, that smile at the end. *melts*

If the fragrance wasn't named in this thread, I couldn't tell you what it was after watching that.... Does that make it a poorly designed ad? I didn't even catch the name of the product, I was so distracted.
    Last edited by tang; 19th February 2008 at 10:50 PM.

Another boring and cliche perfume ad. Yes, the cinematography was nice, the setting was nice, the use of colors nice. But.. is that all perfume should aspire to be.. to be nothing more than a senseless celebration of vanity for vanity's sake?

I like the use of the music, the B&W, the setting and the mood... I'd be extremely classy, I simply do not understand WHY he has to get naked and shows his torso.

Nice ad, but bad, bad end!

Mttafire,

I am friends with 3 Gay Firemen here in Memphis and they would probably think it was a great commercial.
    There are gay firefighters everywhere...and more than a few probably love Creed too.
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 19th February 2008 at 08:15 PM. Reason: spelling

As an ad, the concept is pathetic, it's just some random man taking his shirt off, it's not like it has any relevance whatsoever. I mean, the Lacoste ad with the naked dude, atleast he says it's the only thing he wears and shizz, but this one seems pointless.

Apart from the concept, if it was advertising something like ripping your shirt off, it's a fantastic ad, great setting, lighting, direction, music.

my grandma is a gay fireman....she adores this commercial.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Quote Originally Posted by acceptfacts View Post
    my grandma is a gay fireman....she adores this commercial.
    rofl

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    Mttafire,

I am friends with 3 Gay Firemen here in Memphis and they would probably think it was a great commercial.
    There are gay firefighters everywhere...and more than a few probably love Creed too.
    Yeah, Ive met a few gay fireman...Kinda hurts the "image" BUT....Im friends with them all.
    They give me clothing pointers......;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mttafire View Post
    Yeah, Ive met a few gay fireman...Kinda hurts the "image" BUT....Im friends with them all.
    They give me clothing pointers......;-)
    flame on!

Are the notes listened anywhere. I'm intrigued.

flame on!

Are the notes listened anywhere. I'm intrigued.
    The notes are all memorized........
    Seriously though, The Gay f.f.'s i know are all on Columbus, Ohio fire.
    Good guys, just not your typical fire guy.

I mean are the notes listed anywhere. The notes of the fragrance.
    Last edited by barely.conscious; 20th February 2008 at 10:53 AM.

Micheal Edwards has added it in his fragrance directory: "Woody Oriental-Fresh" family.
    But about the list of note? I didn't see anything!

Just follow the Creed-sheep. Turn off the TV.
    Your nostrils, which will dilate immesurably in unspeakable contentment, in motionless ecstasy, will ask nothing better for space, for they will be full of fragrance, as if perfumes and incense; for they will be glutted with complete happiness, like angels who dwell in the peace and magnificence of pleasent heaven.
    (From Maldoror by Comte de Lautreamont)

Basenotes Institution

I mean are the notes listed anywhere. The notes of the fragrance.
    Grapefruit, coriander and basil; heart notes are cardamom, ginger and orange blossom; base notes are cedarwood, ambergris and tobacco.

The line will include "two sizes, $55 for 50 ml. and $70 for 100 ml., in the U.S. An ancillary line includes aftershave lotion, $45 for 100 ml.; aftershave balm, $35 for 75 ml.; shower gel, $30 for 200 ml., and deodorant stick, $22 for 75 ml."

Info from the blog The Scented Salamander
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 20th February 2008 at 04:40 PM.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Maybe it is just me, but the notes pyramid and feel of the marketing and bottle have me thinking of similarities to Tom Ford for Men.

After launching more than successful fragrance for women, The One, Dolce&Gabbana house will, at the beginning of March 2008, launch a fragrance for men named The One for Men.
    Creating this fragrance, Stefano Gabbana was following the idea of creating an uomo, a very masculine fragrance, and a very classic one, "not a banal classic, but a classic men's fragrance that would last for years and be the type of scent that women adore".

The notes of this fragrance are composed in accordance with the Gabbana creator's taste, who wanted to create a woody-oriental composition. In line with that Gabbana said: '"I like spicy-oriental notes and we've never done these types of fragrances, it's a little warmer than our other men's scents".

Fragrance The One for Men opens with sparkling notes of bergamot, coriander and basil, the middle motes bring in cardamom, ginger and neroli, while the base notes create a very masculine trace of cedar, ambergris and tobacco.

The fragrance is created in cooperation with P&G Prestige Product and International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. (IFF). It comes in a glass made bottle that matches the shape of The One for Women bottle, only with silver-metal neck and chocolate-brown rectangular top.

The model of the fragrance advertising campaign will be the actor Matthew McConaughey, who will next week join the designers in the NYC. When it comes to the choice of the model, the Dolce&Gabbana designers said that they wanted to have the sexiest man on the planet. And with regards to that, Gabbana adds that this is the first time that a model in one of D&G men's fragrance campaigns appears in clothes.

The One for Men will be available in the US as EDT in two sizes – 50ml bottle at the price of US$55, and 100ml at US$70. Besides EDT the collection will include 100ml aftershave lotion at US$45, 75ml aftershave balm for US$35, 200ml shower gel for US$30 and 75ml deodorant stick for US$22.

Information source – WWD-Women's Wear Daily
    Last edited by scentimus; 21st February 2008 at 02:28 AM.

The bottle is similar to Narciso Rodriguez for Men, which was itself a reinterpretation of bottle of L'Instant by Guerlain!
    Honestly I'm not optimistic about the scent in this point!