Code of Conduct

Default Hand Salute! Another 5 Star General has arrived

As I cross into the light, I reflect on my Basenotes life:

-At one point, I owned 85% of all Creed offerings at one time (for men)
    -I hate Kouros
    -I still don't know what a chypre is
    -Serge Luten's scents needs to stuffed into a rocket and launched into the sun
    -Being sensitive to "feminine scents", my favorite note turns out to be rose?!
    -YSL is the best designer house
    -The Luckyscent SAs know me by name
    -The Barney's SAs know me by name
    -I am Oliver Creed
    -Rive Gauche is the sexiest scent on the planet
    -My girlfriend has "vetoed" at least 15 scents
    -I have bought, sold and then rebought the same scent at least 5 times
    -I have bought at least 20 scent blindly
    -I have sold at least 10 scents that I bought blindly
    -Grin Frich Twerp is my favorite Creed
    -French Lover was named after me
    -I love Kouros

I too salute everyone for not kicking my ayss off the board. In all seriousness, I am glad I stumbled into this world and judging from my current wardrobe, not exiting anytime soon. Kudos to maisonstinky, scentemental, pluran and supermarky.

TNMA
    Last edited by thenmarcher; 19th February 2008 at 06:17 AM.
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Thrax

Default Re: Hand Salute! Another 5 Star General has arrived

I love Kouros.

I like your humor !
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Interesting .... but is Kouros a jekyll & hide scent for you ? or just a typo ?
    Last edited by Dimitrios; 19th February 2008 at 06:13 AM. Reason: ..

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Talking Re: Hand Salute! Another 5 Star General has arrived

Congratulations! Good to have you here, don't stop posting, ever. I feel your pain, my girlfriend also uses her veto right way too often, and on way too good scents. I never gave her such right in the first place!

Funny! Great post, even if I don't agree about SL. But Frich Twerp really is the most underrated Creed.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Congratulations! And let me get this straight - you're Olivier Creed and you only own 85% of your own products?

I might reach 1,000 posts myself just sending felicitations to all the new 5-star generals. There seems to be a rash of promotions lately!
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Non non monsieur, French Lover was named after me!! Oh... that's right... I'm not French... Ok... maybe just the lover part? No? Ok... maybe Mr. Malle will come up with "South Carolina Hobo" scent someday...

Congrats on the 1000!! Here's wishing you many more to come!
    "Faites des bêtises, mais faites les avec enthousiasme !" Colette

Congratulations on the light crossing - do we plebes look different now?
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Snafoo View Post
    Congratulations! And let me get this straight - you're Olivier Creed and you only own 85% of your own products?

I might reach 1,000 posts myself just sending felicitations to all the new 5-star generals. There seems to be a rash of promotions lately!

Yes, even I, the Great Olivier, who can wander this earth now without a body, dislikes Santal Imperial.

TNMA

So then I've got to ask...

Which Creed scent would you reccommend for a 27-year old guy who is athletic, likes going to the club on the weekends, and likes unique scents... I don't want to smell like everyone else!

Here's my current wardrobe:
    Acqua di Gio
    A&F Fierce
    Hollister Jake
    Le Male
    Kenneth Cole Reaction

I want something that will get me girls but that I can still wear to the office. This is my first post and OMG I need help!!!
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Olivier recommends Santal Imperial.

TNMA

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic View Post
    So then I've got to ask...

Which Creed scent would you reccommend for a 27-year old guy who is athletic, likes going to the club on the weekends, and likes unique scents... I don't want to smell like everyone else!

Here's my current wardrobe:
    Acqua di Gio
    A&F Fierce
    Hollister Jake
    Le Male
    Kenneth Cole Reaction

I want something that will get me girls but that I can still wear to the office. This is my first post and OMG I need help!!!
    That one made me smile, Scentronics

hahhahahahahahahha

Wait a minute...I just talked about my Basenotes life without bringing up Hasselhoff?? Eternal damnation for me now.

TNMA

Great one bro. Gave me a good laugh.

Still I don't see your point: you would or wouldn't bring Kouros up to heaven with you?

Hilarious post! I am sure many of us can relate to your experiences. As ashamed as I am for this, I too have bought a fragrance, gave it away or sold it, just to buy it again. Something in my mind says "I don't need this fragrance, I will never wear it again, I don't wear it often enough to own it". Then at some point in time later, I'm like "Oh how I miss that fragrance I got rid of, I must have it again, I need it. Wait a second, why the hell did I get rid of it?" Does this sound familiar?

I agree with santal imperial. I never could like this due to the prominent Tonka note. Me and tonka don't get along. Cheers on crossing the light!
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Still I don't see your point: you would or wouldn't bring Kouros up to heaven with you?
    I think what he might be saying is that when he first joined basenotes, he hated kouros like most of us but over the transformaiton of becomming a fragrance freak, he learned to appreciate it and adore it. Having said this, I have been wrong before.
    Last edited by Scentologist; 20th February 2008 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Dependent

all the help I provided and not even a nod.

and where is scentemental?

Congratulations thenmarcher
    "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation." HERBERT SPENCER

Well done, TNMA. You have now reached the level of Operating Thetan III. Step into this room and all will be revealed to you. To reach the level of Operating Thetan V at 2,000 posts, however, you first will need to pay Basenotes Admin the fee of $50,000 for the auditing time and reading materials. Good luck!

As an impending fiver myself, congratulations. I can only hope my 1000th post will be as good. ;-)
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post

I think what he might be saying is that when he first joined basenotes, he hated kouros like most of us but over the transformaiton of becomming a fragrance freak, he learned to appreciate it and adore it.
    Yes indeed, in fact, my list describes the very path I took when I first joined Basenotes and my scent evolution since. First Creed craziness, I did hate Kouros, then bought every scent on the planet, then came to my senses and finally realized what was good and what was not.

TNMA

Dam, this is it. I just have to order Kouros now. I can't take it anymore. I can going to plan where I will order from. I think I will get it from the boutique.

You sound like what I'll be in a year or so!

Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by Circa1905 View Post
    Well done, TNMA. You have now reached the level of Operating Thetan III. Step into this room and all will be revealed to you. To reach the level of Operating Thetan V at 2,000 posts, however, you first will need to pay Basenotes Admin the fee of $50,000 for the auditing time and reading materials. Good luck!

Sweet post.

Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

That makes me want to be here for another 1000 posts!