Code of Conduct

Default Piguet - Fracas for Men ?

Just ordered Bandit from Robert Piguet (EdP, femme) and added FRACAS EdC to that. I was pleased to see this listed as FRACAS for Men and reacted spontaneously.

Never heard of it and now worry. The Fracas fem perfume has somewhere been praised, I remember.
    Does anyone know the cologne?
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Overcome By Fumes

Default Re: Piguet - Fracas for Men ?

It's a bit of a floral fougere, with some lavender and stuff--quite different from the heavy tuberose floral Fracas. I like it but it's nothing earth shattering to me. It's hard to find but when it does show up it is often extremely cheap.

Thank you - this sounds good to me and I could not hope for more. I paid about $ 23 for 3.4 oz.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

francois

Fracas for men is a very nice fresh floral fougere scent.
    There's a green note at the top (maybe fennel?) which gives it body and masculinity.
    One of my favorites!

Quote Originally Posted by docluv45
    It's a bit of a floral fougere, with some lavender and stuff--quite different from the heavy tuberose floral Fracas. I like it but it's nothing earth shattering to me. It's hard to find but when it does show up it is often extremely cheap.
    Glad to hear this. I got suckered into Fracas Femme thinking it was a genius tuberose concotion. Sadly, headache is all I got.

Just ordered Bandit from Robert Piguet (EdP, femme) and added FRACAS EdC to that. I was pleased to see this listed as FRACAS for Men and reacted spontaneously.
    narcus, where did you order the Fracas Men?
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

I also really like Fracas for men, and I also bought it blind because I admire Bandit.

I like Fracas for men very much. It's a sharp refreshing complex green herbal, good for summer. I guess there might be florals in there too but I can't identify them. Not too much vetiver there, if any - it doesn't have that earthy rooty quality that a lot of green men's scents have. I like that about it.

It doesn't last so very long, but the price is so low that I just don't care. I could spritz it six times a day. Why not?

The only thing it shares in common with Bandit is that it's complex, unusual, hard for me to pick out individual notes (basil?... fennel?... lavender?...), audacious, and made with artistry. Those are qualities I value a lot.

francois

Lasts quite long on me!

unfortunately, Robert Piguet had nothing to do with it. Some U.S. company had license to use the name and slapped it on a random creation. Sadly, it's not even made in Paris. I rather like it myself but the top notes fade way to fast.
    Last edited by argogos; 15th January 2008 at 08:04 AM.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

I've heard so many bad things about this scent that I'm inclined to like it without having smelled it.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by argogos View Post
    unfortunately, Robert Piguet had nothing to do with it. Some U.S. company had license to use the name and slapped it on a random creation. Sadly, it's not even made in Paris. I rather like it myself but the top notes fade way to fast.
    Piguet now has a website with a shopping cart and Fracas for men isn't offered there. What argogos says is what I remember reading a while back. Only difference between himself and I is that I didn't care for it. I gave my bottle away.

Robert Piguet Parfums.
    robertpiguetparfums.com.

I liked it at first -- found it interesting, anyway. (Read my review.)

Don't know a) what I was thinking when I wrote that and b) if I've ever done such a 180 on a frag.
    (Within a short time of my having donned that crap, I wrote a review based on one spritz. The next day, I put it on in a "regular dose" and it proceeded to turn into a vile, cloying bar of licorice-scented soap on my skin -- cheap soap, at that. I thought I'd NEVER get it off.)
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 15th January 2008 at 04:12 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Oh, we are back three years? I still like it very much - kind of a nostalgic (late) summer fragrance for me now. Only the bottle isn't my taste at all, and the spray system is lousy. In contrast to Bandit, which is something entirely different, and badly fails to revive a legend, this one didn't have to come up to anything I vaguely remembered. It was a blind purchase because of 'Piguet' .
    Last edited by narcus; 15th January 2008 at 06:05 PM.

Is it true that there is a Bandit for Men, as currently i've only seen Bandit in EDP and Parfum, but apparently there is an EDT for Men?

The previous licensee put out a mixture called BANDIT LIGHT For MEN. I've seen it recently on E-bay. Just wear the EDP and never mind the gender attachment. It is plenty masculine. Get out and sweat in it one afternoon- you'll see, it's fantastic! CRAVACHE was just rereleased by the current Piguet licensee. It was assigned a masculine gender and is sophisticated but more of a "special occasion", "dandy" scent. It's very like Eau Sauvage, lemony.

Back to TVLamp's comment on his 180: I completely understand your reversal and will concede that it feels cheap. Strangely, I still appreciate it. In fact, I ADORE the initial whiff. That slightly metallic licorice/basil scent is heavenly but very fleeting. I have a feeling it is partly due to the alcohol in the mixture which dries off quickly. The soapy dry down is not cloying on me. It smells fresh and clean but not thick. True, it ultimately only engenders an after showering memory but, for me, it's a hair better than any soapy scent out there. In fact, I detest Irish Spring scented fragrances. Why I appreciate Fracas for Men and cannot suffer Drakkar Noir- I don't know. I'll have to explore that more.
    Last edited by argogos; 20th February 2008 at 06:40 AM.

Oh, i'm not worried about the gender association lol, I just want to see how it compares Plus if someone asks me what i'm wearing and I say Bandit, they're hardly going to think it's a women's fragrance :P!

I agree.