Code of Conduct

Default Costume National - new fragrance...your thoughts?!

I've just seen the new one from CN as reported a couple of days ago on NowSmellThis...

http://nowsmellthis.blogharbor.com/b...2/3460120.html

I, for one, cannot wait to experience this! It sounds so complex and original, regardless of "simplicity" mentioned.

Did I say I cannot wait

Default Re: Costume National - new fragrance...your thoughts?!

It sure doesn't sound simple. I like their clothes, I've lost interest in Scent Intense, the notes of 21 sound kind of artificially provocative to me. I'll definitely try it, but I'm not expecting too much.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Royal Jelly: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_jelly

Human ingestion of Royal Jelly is reputed to cause severe even fatal allergic reactions in rare cases.[2]
    People collect and sell royal jelly as a dietary supplement, claiming various health benefits because of components like B-complex vitamins such as pantothenic acid (vitamin B5) and vitamin B6 (pyridoxine); it can also be found in various beauty products. The overall composition of royal jelly is 67% water, 12.5% crude protein (including small amounts of many different amino acids), and 11% simple sugars, also including a relatively high amount (5%) of fatty acids. It also contains many trace minerals, some enzymes, antibacterial and antibiotic components, and trace amounts of vitamin C.[1] Contrary to claims by many of those promoting its use, vitamins A, D, and E are completely absent from royal jelly.[1] Independent research has already disproved, or is needed to confirm or disprove, many of the purported health claims, such as reports of hormonal activity (unknown in the bees themselves, the most abundant sterol is cholesterol, which is not itself a hormone). To date, there is only preliminary evidence that it may have some cholesterol-lowering effects, as well as immunomodulatory, anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, wound-healing and antibiotic effects, though the last three of these effects are unlikely to be realized if ingested (digestion of the substances involved, or neutralization via changes in pH).[3]
    Royal Jelly has been reported to stimulate the growth of glial cells[4] and neural stem cells in the brain,[5] which may account for its reputation as a longer-term cognitive enhancer and as a beneficial agent in cases of Parkinson's Disease.
    Royal Jelly might be effective as an immunomodulatory agent in Graves' disease.[6]
    and milk..................... Hmmmmmmm, I think not.

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

WOW!

Sounds intoxicating!
    Cant wait to give it a puff!

I now see several online retailers with this new scent for sale.

Has any BN'er tried it yet? I would love to hear your impressions!
    Cheers!

Would love to try it.

I was very hopeful with Scent Intense but it didn't turn out to be what I imagined. I still have some of my sample left so I'll be working on it more...maybe I'll get it. But I'm still looking forward to the new scent. The ad is simply stunning.
    RM