Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Ava Luxe - Favourite scent, and why? (Along with other questions!)

Ahh, Serena is fantastic, I can see why so many people love her She just sent me a really friendly e-mail back, saying she doesn't do samples, but because i've never smelt an ava luxe scent before (Which I havent) she can sell me some samples ! I'm going to order a couple after a bit more research into them

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Ahh, Serena is fantastic, I can see why so many people love her She just sent me a really friendly e-mail back, saying she doesn't do samples, but because i've never smelt an ava luxe scent before (Which I havent) she can sell me some samples ! I'm going to order a couple after a bit more research into them
    That is very sweet. Yes, that is her style exactly. What did you order?
    ~Grenouille knew for certain that unless he possesed this scent, his life would have no meaning.~
    Perfume: The Story of a Murderer

Well, Pellen is sending me some samples, so i'm going to see what I receive from her first, and then i'll be buying 3-4 of the ones I haven't received off Pellen. I'll probably also buy a bottle or two from the samples that Pellen sends me, simply because of the price, at $26, they'd make fantastic gifts too

My LTBL arrived today $26 may sound cheap but for us Aussies after conversion to local currency and postage the total cost was just over AUD50 for a 30mL bottle.
    Last edited by jillsy; 22nd February 2008 at 02:56 AM. Reason: spelling

Sadly I feel like I really missed out here.
    I've only had a chance to try a few of AL creations
    and have fallen in love with each and every one of them.
    Ambre Tibet, No. 23, Loukhoum, Milk, Shisha, and LTBL.
    I'm so curious about
    Madame X, Midnight Violet, Moksha, Kama, Tuberose Diabolique
    since I read about them so frequently on Basenotes.
    I too will just have to see about contacting her and
    arringing for a few purchases. Hopefully her site goes up soon .
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Agent P, she has a shop on etsy.com (http://avaluxe.etsy.com) where you can purchase her fragrances. What she has available changes from time to time, so it's always worth peeking. She has Madame X, Moksha and Kama up right now, along with some others.

Just got the sexyest set of samples off the fantastic Pellen! <3

Tried Milk on one wrist, Shisha on the other. Shisha is fantastic, totally cool and hot. I'd wear it anywhere.

I'm liking Milk too, not as much as Shisha due to the sweetness, but it's one of those scents you wear when you know no one's going to be smelling you (as it's quite feminine imo for a guy!) But, i'd blates wear it to sleep in

I've tried quite a few, too. I love Queen Bess for a spicy cinnamon kick. I also really like Pearl Musk. I used to wear Creative Scentualization Perfect Veil almost exclusively 4-5 years ago and Pearl Musk is almost identical to it and much cheaper.

I've never tried an Ava Luxe fragrance, but I REALLY like the sound of LTBL and Milk! I'm tempted to order, but like Jillsy has said earlier in this thread... with currency conversion and international postage that $26 bottle isn't nearly so cheap anymore!!

If I did make an order, then I'm starting to think that maybe if I ordered several different scents it'd be more worthwhile. That way I'm getting more perfumes, and for only + $1 on the postage for each one.

Ah, so many fragrant desires, so little expendable cash....

Looky, looky !
    It's LISA !!!

Wow, what a hot pic, baby....
    [I ordered a bottle of QB, it makes me think of you !]