Code of Conduct

Default Eau de Cologne vs EDT

Are there any long lasting Eau de Colognes?

Default Re: Eau de Cologne vs EDT

Well, Shalimar EdC lasts for 12 hours and it's marvellous for a man to wear.

Don't always believe what you read on the label re::EdC/EdT. Some EdC's last much longer than other EdT's and some EdT's last longer than EdP's. It depends on the fragrance, the notes, the house, etc.
    In accordance with Mr. Guerlain's post, my Habit Rouge EdC lasts all day on my skin.
    Dunhill (1934), labeled as an EdC lasts a good 12 hours for me. Certain Creed fragrances, listed as EdP don't last beyond 4 hours for me. Sample specifics for yourself see what happens.
    Lastly and most importantly, welcome to Basenotes!

Eric

Question Re: Eau de Cologne vs EDT

I've heard alot about Shalimar. Is that a women's fragrance? I've never seen one for men. Please help.

Sur la Plage

Shalimar is marketed and sold as a women's fragrance, but most certainly can be worn by men - there is not a women's version and a men's version.

I would suggest stopping by your local Guerlain counter and trying some on to see if you like it or not.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by petruccijc; 19th February 2008 at 08:34 PM.

Pierre Cardins PM lasts a very long time ..

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Ever since my bottle of Passion for Men (EdC) turned a bit, it lasts forever. Too bad I now hate the smell.

Molinard's Vetyver is an edc, comes cheap in a 250ml bottle, and lasts at least eight hours. Sometimes it's hard to find at shops though.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

i think the original adp colonia is listed as an edc but it lasts all day on me... then i shower and, in the seconds before it's washed off, i get a scent explosion of it in the bathroom. fun times!
    current favourites: guerlain vetiver, trumper eucris, adp colonia
    latest swag: cdg man2, lolita lempicka au masculin
    next buys: keiko mecheri oliban, michael by michael kors

Some Creed EDT's like Vintage Tabarome and Royal English Leather last until the next day even after scrubbing them off.

Quote Originally Posted by chad278 View Post
    i think the original adp colonia is listed as an edc but it lasts all day on me... then i shower and, in the seconds before it's washed off, i get a scent explosion of it in the bathroom. fun times!
    I forgot about AdP Colonia. My experience is just like Chad's. Amazing duration from what's labeled edc.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by samplermike View Post
    Some Creed EDT's like Vintage Tabarome and Royal English Leather last until the next day even after scrubbing them off.
    Yes this is true for me as well. Lest ye think I was busting on the house of Creed in my previous post!
    Sample on your skin for the ultimate test of longevity.

Eric

For me it's Balenciaga Cristobal and Aramis JHL.

Cuiron is EdC and lasts as long as any good EdT does.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Eau De Cologne and Eau De Toilette are supposed to denote strength based on the amount of parfume oil in the alcohol suspension. Like everything else in the market, the strength is subjective.

Dunhill 1934 is an EDC, but last all day on me, compare it to Creed GIT - An EDT which lasts only 4-5 hours on me.

It all boils down to personal body chemistry.
    Green Dragon

Aliquando et insanire iucundum est.