Code of Conduct

Default new a*men: pure coffee. thoughts?

from nowsmellthis:

Thierry Mugler has launched AngelMen (aka A*Men) Pure Coffee, a limited edition variation on the original A*Men fragrance with an overdose of coffee:

AngelMEN Pure Coffee, a new interpretation of AngelMEN's signature note of gourmet coffee beans, is a
    woody-coffee-oriental fragrance-created using a new carbon-dioxide extraction methodology where strong
    Arabic coffee was removed directly from the seed. "It's less vanilla with a more modern, woodsy blend,"
    said Pierre Aulas, olfactive consultant for Thierry Mugler.

A*Men Pure Coffee was developed by perfumer Jacques Huclier, who also created the original A*Men scent in 1996. The notes include arabica coffee, musk, patchouli, moss, cedar and vetiver.

sounds fantastic, looking forward to it as it's the same nose who created the original.
    current favourites: guerlain vetiver, trumper eucris, adp colonia
    latest swag: cdg man2, lolita lempicka au masculin
    next buys: keiko mecheri oliban, michael by michael kors

Default Re: new a*men: pure coffee. thoughts?

I would LOVE to try this. I just have a huge problem with the chalky like consistency of A*Men. If they could somehow round off A*Men without the chalky-ness, I'd take a liking to it a lot more. I'm afraid Pure Coffee will have the same feel!

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds fantastic - I can't wait to try it!

Quote Originally Posted by chad278 View Post
    from nowsmellthis:
    I saw that as well. I have always said that I wanted a cologne that smelled like the inside of a Starbuck's, so I am looking forward to seeing what it is like. Are there any others that would be similar?

Post Thanks / Like

You must try Ava Luxe Cafe Noir...
    Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    I saw that as well. I have always said that I wanted a cologne that smelled like the inside of a Starbuck's, so I am looking forward to seeing what it is like. Are there any others that would be similar?

how will it stack up to polo double black? Of course is Mugler went all the way to columbia, hand plucked each bean, disected the bean to remove the starch just above the germ layer, secretly found a way for probiotics to digest away all but the essence, then triple distilled and filtered the essence before infusing it in with another secret "S" ingredient, then it might be better. LOL! Just kidding guys!

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by giannis View Post
    Ditto

If Mugler can recreate what Ava Luxe has been able to in CN, then AMen Pure Coffee might be worth considering. If not, I'll pass.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry to say I didn't like Ava Luxe Cafe Noir. It was too sickly sweet for my liking even though I'm a coffee lover most of the time.
    Sounds good though, I can't want to try it.
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    Have you tried Bond No. 9 New Haarlem? It always reminds me of Starbuck's when I smell it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by giannis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Ditto

If Mugler can recreate what Ava Luxe has been able to in CN, then AMen Pure Coffee might be worth considering. If not, I'll pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by ifconfig View Post
    I'm sorry to say I didn't like Ava Luxe Cafe Noir. It was too sickly sweet for my liking even though I'm a coffee lover most of the time.
    Sounds good though, I can't want to try it.
    I'm a long-time lover of Ava Luxe's Cafe Noir. Still, I admit that its sweetness is something which strongly attracted me to it; I find New Haarlem muted and short-lived on me, and Angel*Men is reminiscent of IHOP's coffee -- it's better than Denny's, but nowhere near as good as what I drink at home (home-roasted, hand-ground, and fresh-brewed).

I'm certainly willing to try Angel*Men Pure Coffee, I certainly hope that it's a more fully-flavored coffee than Mugler's given us to-date, and I certainly pray that it won't be an over-roasted Starbuck clone.

If not, I've still got the lion's share of my Ava Luxe Cafe Noir.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone tried Jo Malone's "Black Vetiver Cafe"? I haven't, but from the name, it might be worth coming into the future comparisons. One basenoter writes, "Black Vetyver Cafe is exactly what it sounds: vetyver and coffee!".

they got it spot on, although it's a little vetiver lite. i dig it, but longevity seems pretty short.
    current favourites: guerlain vetiver, trumper eucris, adp colonia
    latest swag: cdg man2, lolita lempicka au masculin
    next buys: keiko mecheri oliban, michael by michael kors

When will it be available?

And how does the bottle look?

Post Thanks / Like

Have you ever tried il profumo "café vert" http://www.ilprofumoshop.com (click "english version" button and than click products and than "classic line", than you see Café Vert and Chocolat (better than Angel).
    I think this niche fragrance beats the A*Men coffee, believe me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Try it.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the sound of it! But is it unisex?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by calista View Post
    I love the sound of it! But is it unisex?
    It's rich, but not particularly masculine. It's pretty much A*Men with richer coffee topnotes and the tar-rish sort of heart toned down. It's odd that it was a summer release because I think it would be much nicer in the winter or late fall. A woman could get away with it.

Pure Coffee was a bad surpriese for me....I didnt like it....very similar to the original....Not surprise.
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    It's rich, but not particularly masculine. It's pretty much A*Men with richer coffee topnotes and the tar-rish sort of heart toned down. It's odd that it was a summer release because I think it would be much nicer in the winter or late fall. A woman could get away with it.
    I love, love, love it. I would wear it in a heartbeat.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know of a site that still has a few bottles of Pure Coffee? I can't even find it on ebay

Pure Malt still reins supreme
    "Becoming a solo singer is like going from an eau de toilette to a perfume. It's much more intense." - Geri Halliwell

Both wonderful IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Caesar View Post
    Does anyone know of a site that still has a few bottles of Pure Coffee? I can't even find it on ebay
    +1 bought a decant on here recently. none available anywhere except an occasional one popping up on ebay for way over $100.