Code of Conduct

Default Help me find the fragrance!

Hi all!

This will be my first post here.

I think it was about two years ago now, I found a warm fragrance with vanilla and notes of apple or something like that. But I messed up my samples and never got to know the name of the fragrance. Argh..

I´ve searched for this fragrance but haven´t found it again

So if you have any idea of what fragrance this could be, I would be very thankful.

Best Regards,
    From Sweden
    Last edited by swe_tiger; 20th February 2008 at 12:29 AM.

Default Re: Help me find the fragrance!

One reviewer called Acier Aluminium by Creed "apple pie + musk". It also contains absolute of vanilla. Give it a try if you don't find what you're looking for!

Acier Aluminium sounds yummy. I'll have to check that out when I go on a sample spree.

A couple cheaper options it could be are Avon's Mesmerize (apple + myrrh and spiciness with a vanilla base) or Carlos Santana for men (apple cinnamon cider with some tonka and vanilla in the base)

Maybe it's Boss Bottled: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120240.html

Welcome to Basenotes!

My bet is Dunhill Desire. The original one in the red bottle. Apple note up top and some warm vanilla in the base. http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120447.html

Another welcome to BN!

Quote Originally Posted by samplermike View Post
    One reviewer called Acier Aluminium by Creed "apple pie + musk". It also contains absolute of vanilla. Give it a try if you don't find what you're looking for!
    Yep, You CANT go wrong with this one.

I remember when Tommy Hilfiger "Tommy" was released it was marketed as smelling of apple pie. Though certainly present, I was never convinced that this was a dominant note. I also woudln't describe it as warm or vanillic. I'm mainly suggesting it cause it's common. Depends on the context of where you got the sample - at a dpeartment store, niche boutique, etc.

ged
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    I remember when Tommy Hilfiger "Tommy" was released it was marketed as smelling of apple pie. Though certainly present, I was never convinced that this was a dominant note. I also woudln't describe it as warm or vanillic. I'm mainly suggesting it cause it's common. Depends on the context of where you got the sample - at a dpeartment store, niche boutique, etc.

ged

Seems like I read somewhere that one of the notes in Tommy was "apple pie."

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW View Post
    Maybe it's Boss Bottled: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120240.html

Welcome to Basenotes!
    Thanks for your answers!

Actually I I own one Boss bottled, I like the vanillic-like base on it. But it isnt the fragrance i was looking for, even if it reminds a little bit of it.
    --------------------------------------
    And It didnt smelled like apple pie.

It was varm vanillic and sexy and something what i thougt was apple.
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by evogel View Post
    My bet is Dunhill Desire. The original one in the red bottle. Apple note up top and some warm vanilla in the base. http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120447.html

Another welcome to BN!
    Got to check this one. How is it smelling?
    Last edited by swe_tiger; 20th February 2008 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost