Code of Conduct

Default Kiehl's Original Musk

Does anyone know if this has been discontinued or not?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Kiehl's Original Musk

Nordstrom's still has rows and stacks of it for sale here. Seems like musk makes up the backbone of the entire Kiehl's line so unless the whole company goes under I rather doubt that they'd let it go.

Post Thanks / Like

interesting...because the website shows the spray is temporarily unavailable and the store that i buy it from stopped carrying it because they cant get any from Kiehls....i am wondering if they are reformulating it somehow?

Post Thanks / Like

I was told they are out of stock of the EdT; apparently there was a surge of interest that caught them by surprise.

I was able to buy the oil.
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

they still carry it at my nordstroms
    i was curious if they carried a 50mL
    SHE claims that the smaller was discontinued but they still make the 100mL

i like it - but i think Musk from the body shop is a better buy...
    but i haven't juxtaposed the two ...YET
    wishlist:
    Chanel - Cuire de Ruissie and Eau de Cologne
    Penhaligons - Quercus, Castille, and Raquets
    Dior -Eau Noire, Dior Homme Cologne, Dior Homme Intense, and Dior Sweet Sun
    Frédéric Malle - Angelique sous la pluie and Eau d'Hiver
    L'Artisan - l'eau de l'artisan and bois farine
    Hermès - Elixir des Merveilles, Jardin sur Nil, and Hermessence Confret.

Post Thanks / Like

I was able to buy the oil, but the EdT I have not seen for awhile (and then only the 100mL).

Its a wonderful musk, BTW, and the oil is every bit as good as the EdT, btw. Actually I think it may be better.
    ===
    “… [I] recall thinking that the computer would never advance much further than this. Call me naïve, but I seemed to have underestimated the universal desire to sit in a hard plastic chair and stare at a screen until your eyes cross.” ~ David Sedaris

It smells like Jovan Musk. Probably the same single musk chemical but with somewhat better floral top notes in Khiel's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nitromusk View Post
    It smells like Jovan Musk. Probably the same single musk chemical but with somewhat better floral top notes in Khiel's.
    I don't find that to be true myself, but given they both are rather affordable - no doubt the musk chemicals are similar between the two. But then again, aside from radical different interpretations such as CB's - a lot of "musks" no doubt come out of the same chemical vat and it is the "non musk" elements in the scent that arguable would set it apart.
    ===
    “… [I] recall thinking that the computer would never advance much further than this. Call me naïve, but I seemed to have underestimated the universal desire to sit in a hard plastic chair and stare at a screen until your eyes cross.” ~ David Sedaris

We have a Khiel's store in the mall. They still carry the oil, edt, and shower gel.
    ~Grenouille knew for certain that unless he possesed this scent, his life would have no meaning.~
    Perfume: The Story of a Murderer

Post Thanks / Like

I kind of liked Jovan in the "day", may have to try Kiehl's out. Not to hijack but any others along these same lines?
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Current Rotation: Terre D'Hermes, Boucheron PH, Villoresi Uomo, Green Irish Tweed, Chanel PMC, Gucci PH, Floris Santal, Carven Homme, Dunhill '34, PI by Givenchy, Parfums de Nicolai New York

Post Thanks / Like

you know....i have musk envy damnit......!!!! A good buddy of mine who i went to law school with wears this and this alone and i can understand why. I never comment on other peoples frags, but this guy is like a long lost brother, so i didnt feel weird. He told me Kiehls musk....I saw him the other day at a crawfish boil and smelled him again...you just stand next to him and the kiehls puts off this freakin amazing aroma, its really aggrivating me that kiehls does not do the same for me...but i still love it. maybe i will try the oil!

Quote Originally Posted by Mattybumpkin View Post
    I kind of liked Jovan in the "day", may have to try Kiehl's out. Not to hijack but any others along these same lines?
    I like Coty Musk an awful lot. Back on topic, I have only smelled Kiehl's once, and I think that it reminded me more of a fougere like Canoe than a simple musk. Am I wrong?