Code of Conduct

Default Climate-controlled environment and Fragrance Selection

Most people agree that certain fragrances are not “wearable” in very hot and humid weather. I believe that this view is generally accurate. Some fragrances are a tad too cloying, spicy or intense to be comfortably worn in hot, humid weather.

My question though is: should heat and humidity be factors in fragrance selection if one works in a climate-controlled environment?

I live in a hot and humid city, but I spend most of my work hours inside a climate-controlled complex. Against this background, does it still make sense to avoid certain fragrances merely because of the outside environment?

Default Re: Climate-controlled environment and Fragrance Selection

Quote Originally Posted by uli View Post
    Most people agree that certain fragrances are not “wearable” in very hot and humid weather. I believe that this view is generally accurate. Some fragrances are a tad too cloying, spicy or intense to be comfortably worn in hot, humid weather.

My question though is: should heat and humidity be factors in fragrance selection if one works in a climate-controlled environment?

I live in a hot and humid city, but I spend most of my work hours inside a climate-controlled complex. Against this background, does it still make sense to avoid certain fragrances merely because of the outside environment?
    No, not really, but consider what you will be doing after work - Out in the heat and humidity? You might want to tailor your scents for after hours if you are going to be out and about in the heat.
    Green Dragon

Aliquando et insanire iucundum est.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Climate-controlled environment and Fragrance Selection

I grew up in Africa, went to school in south Florida and now live in Idaho which can get downright hellish in Summer so I think I can speak with some authority on wearing perfume in warm weather.
    If majority of your work day has you inside a climate-controlled environment, I say wear what you want. If your day will be spent outside in the warm weather, go with light and breezy frags because you'll hate life otherwise.
    De gustibus non est disputandum