Code of Conduct

Default Keihl's Musk | Jovan Musk

Anyone with experience regarding the differences between these two?
    Last edited by neal; 20th February 2008 at 09:17 PM.

Default Re: Keihl's Musk | Jovan Musk

I only have Jovan (the price was irresistible), but I'm very interested in trying Kiehl's as well.

As for Jovan, the first several minutes following application are off-putting, with a strong synthetic-y, alcoholic vapor plume. Once that stuff boils off however, it's rather pleasant. I'm not a layering kind of fellow, but if I were, Jovan might be useful in laying down a simple musk base to a fragrance lacking that note.

There are lots of others on this board who can weigh in on the relative strengths and weaknesses of both Kiehl's and Jovan.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Kiehl's oil and EDT both have a starting note much like MKK, though with less underpants-cumin.
    ===
    [I] recall thinking that the computer would never advance much further than this. Call me nave, but I seemed to have underestimated the universal desire to sit in a hard plastic chair and stare at a screen until your eyes cross. ~ David Sedaris

i've only smelt the jovan, which i don't rate highly... normally get put off by the synthetic opening snafoo mentioned.
    current favourites: guerlain vetiver, trumper eucris, adp colonia
    latest swag: cdg man2, lolita lempicka au masculin
    next buys: keiko mecheri oliban, michael by michael kors

Jovan musk edt (?)and oil are different animals to me. The oil is so much sweeter and skin like; the spray is much sharper. I expected Kiel's to be a darker, denser scent than it is. It is a very clean smelling musk, and when I smelled it, it instantly reminded me of Jovan.
    ~Grenouille knew for certain that unless he possesed this scent, his life would have no meaning.~
    Perfume: The Story of a Murderer

kiehls...on some people is pure magnetism....a good friend of mine wore this in class and i had to ask him what it was so i could get some...its one of those scents though that you eventually become anosmic too, other people will tell you how good you smell, but you might only smell hairspray...its strange.

Jovan is unoffensive and very cheap....its kinda got a ron burgundy seventies vibe with it, which i guess is all right, but shell out a few more bucks and get kiehls or alssa ashley which is also a cheap musk, but much better than jovan, imo.
    Last edited by jdnba; 21st February 2008 at 03:23 PM.

I would say the Coty Musk is more like Kiehl's...

Quote Originally Posted by marcuccio88 View Post
    I would say the Coty Musk is more like Kiehl's...
    I think that, as i stated in a post here recently, that Asslys ashley is what i would closely associate with kiehls more than another....coty is similar in some respects however...i just find it lacks the depth of kiehls.