Code of Conduct

Thread: CdG Incense

Question CdG Incense

Hi,
    I ordered samples of all five from Luckyscent and ended up liking Jaisalmer the best. It's the most evocative to me. I'm ready to buy. However, I feel like the descriptions don't fit what I'm smelling and I'm afraid to end up ordering the wrong one in case there was a mix up.
    Instead of all the bold spices mentioned, I smell more of a softer, drier, slightly earthy scent (almost vetiver like effect). To me it's the smell of a forest floor (e.g., oak not pine) covered with dead leaves, very slightly damp; which is fine. I'm not looking for a ceremonial incense scent.
    Avingon is too sharp, Kyoto too subtle (would have liked it sweeter, like Visit), and Zagrosk too piney.
    Any opinions please? Does it sound like I'm safe to order?
    Thanks
    RM

Default Re: CdG Incense

sounds like you've got it roughly right. go for it! if they screwed up the sample, luckyscent would refund you no problemo
    current favourites: guerlain vetiver, trumper eucris, adp colonia
    latest swag: cdg man2, lolita lempicka au masculin
    next buys: keiko mecheri oliban, michael by michael kors

RM I think you've got it right. I've been confused by the way Jaisalmer is described too. I've found it calm, dry, and earthy same as you do (I went out with a woman who wore it).

It sounds like it's the one you like best.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Order the Jaisalmer. You're right on the money.

Basenotes Institution

Your description of Jaisalmer sounds correct.

It's great stuff - when I first tested it, I fell in love with it. It's use of spice is unrivaled in my mind - and when I owned a decant of it, I always reached for Jaisalmer when I was getting ready to crawl into bed. It instantly just felt right at the end of a long day to end it with this scent.

Enjoy!
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Jaisalmer is easily my favorite of the Incense series. I like Ouarzazate also.
    I should wear Jaisalmer more though. So many frags and not enough days to wear them all. lol.

Jaisalmer is my fave also, but I've a special weakness for Avignon, as well.
    (You can take the boy out of Catholic school, but . . .)

I, too, wish Kyoto were stronger -- it's almost annoyingly Zen-like in its subtlety.
    (That would be more acceptable were its line not so expensive!)
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 21st February 2008 at 03:45 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]