Code of Conduct

Default Similar to Bois 1920 Classic 1920

My friend and I were at Holt Renfrew today and he smelled Bois 1920 Classic 1920 and he fell in love. We are students, however, and he can't quite afford to drop $180 for a bottle (or $160 online). Is there anything out there that's somewhat similar that doesn't cost a few week's rent. I was thinking Michael by Michael Kors, but he thinks the Kors is too sweet.

Also, he wants it for the summer but I feel it is more of a winter scent.

Thoughts, anyone?

Default Re: Similar to Bois 1920 Classic 1920

Hard to think of something really close. I'm smelling my decant at the moment, it's a fruity woody, maybe CK Escape, RL Polo Double Black and Lancome Miracle.

Ged
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

Default Re: Similar to Bois 1920 Classic 1920

I really love Bois 1920 Classic 1920. Very fresh, with the combination of citrus, ginger, and vetiver. Recently one of my coworkers smelled like Classic 1920, but I knew that was unlikely, and it turned out he was wearing Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme (http://www.basenotes.net/ID26125310.html) It's not on par with Classic 1920, but certainly much less expensive. I find L'Homme to be a bit sweeter, not quite as fresh (maybe less vetiver) but still nice.