Code of Conduct

Thumbs up La Martina INCREDIBLE LEATHER !

WOw, wOw, wOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ive just tried a fragrance called La Martina, ( under the main name title in smaller print are the words Industria Argentina.)
    Oh My God.... ...this is heavenly stuff ! I love leather perfumes, from Knize Ten, through Bel Ami to Tabac Blond and Gomma. This is a completely different take on leather ; the soft, slightly sweet smell of a brand new natural leather product from a firm like Bree, with just the merest hint of spices and a touch of warm citrus. Its really beautiful - mediterranean, masculine and very sophisticated. What Adolfo Dominguez did with vetiver, La Martina has done with leather.

I also tried a second fragrance from the firm called Bayres Hombre. A very beautiful cedarwood and cade mixture with a touch of citrus. Much deeper, much more happening than the likes of Rush for Men or Nemo.
    Again a very impressive fragrance, perfectly rounded.

www.lamartina.com

Default Re: La Martina INCREDIBLE LEATHER !

*Digging up the thread and brushing off the dust*

Has anyone else tried these fragrances?

They look interesting, but there's no info on a US source.... if anyone knows how to get samples let me know - I'll certainly try them.

if the fragrances is as expensive as their t - shirts and shirts it wont come cheap.
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Quote Originally Posted by Basteri View Post
    if the fragrances is as expensive as their t - shirts and shirts it wont come cheap.
    100ml are about 60 EUR. Quite expensive.

And where are these available? Anyone know where to get samples? What's the deal with this brand? From the looks of the website it's looks like it's a South American version of something in between Ralph Lauren and Hermes.

60EUR for 100ml isn't that bad... in fact almost reasonable for niche.

Not expensive at all. 60 euros for 100ml is actually cheaper than the standard retail price for most designer frags here in Germany - those bottles go for about 70 these days.

La Martina is the most famous Polo Club in Argentina.
    I am not sure how they came up with the clothing line and other products. The prices of the clothing line are very high.
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

The firm has been established in the eighties. In the beginning, they were manufactoring horse saddles. Later they also produced polo-clothing. Now they also produce bags, watches and fragrances.

Another Co started like that... Start with H.....

And where are these available? Anyone know where to get samples? What's the deal with this brand? From the looks of the website it's looks like it's a South American version of something in between Ralph Lauren and Hermes.

60EUR for 100ml isn't that bad... in fact almost reasonable for niche.
    That shit ain't niche
    For sale: Nemo Cacharel 1,7OZ (30ML) 99% full

Pyramids

La Martina and Bayres for men - http://www.lamartina.com/~lamartin/2...ial_perfum.php

The only mentioning leather in its base notes is Bayres for men.

Where to find them? At their stores. Will keep you posted as to the perfumes and prices.

(Anecdotic data edited)
    Last edited by Pollux; 12th February 2009 at 05:11 PM. Reason: typo, info accuracy

I`ve seen Hombre and Mujer in Rome, amongst selective scents.
    It was temptation to buy it - but I resist.
    Something cheap in look stopped me.
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brianroy
    That shit ain't niche
    Sorry, I should clarified by saying the cost isn't much compared to niche... but then again, it all comes down to how you define 'niche'. I'd say low production and low distribution = niche, not cost. Regardless your comment was helpful and and an invaluable contribution to the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by brianroy View Post
    That shit ain't niche
    So you have tried them and you don't like them?

I tasted it and asked for the price. So they are charging you guys over there 60 Euros for 100ml? Well, down here it costs USD 40.

Well, what should I say. I tried it and felt it smelt like something I smelt in the past. Tried to remember and nothing came to mind. To my surprise, after two hours I realized it smelt like a popular knock-off of good ol' Polo RL dating from the time imported designer's fragrances were impossible to buy due to their after devaluation price (2001).

Let me be clear: local chemists were quite succesful copying traditional fragrances - like the version of Paco Rabanne by Isear, which is extremely close to PR's old formulation. Others were just similar, however good on their own way. Well, this was not the case with Polo.

I can`t describe it with precision since I tested it hours ago and nothing rests of it. It is some sort of green fougere with leathery base notes, short longevity and null sillage. Thus, not an option.

Now, can it be a different product being sold overseas? Maybe...
    Last edited by Pollux; 12th February 2009 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Correction

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    What Adolfo Dominguez did with vetiver, La Martina has done with leather.*

I also tried a second fragrance from the firm called Bayres Hombre. A very beautiful cedarwood and cade mixture with a touch of citrus. Much deeper, much more happening than the likes of Rush for Men or Nemo. Again a very impressive fragrance, perfectly rounded.

www.lamartina.com
    * = If that isn't an good recommendation, I wouldn't know what is ! ! Hello, stranger, you made my day! How's your uncle's dog, by the way?
    'Il mondo dei profumi un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Quote Originally Posted by narcus View Post
    * = If that isn't a good recommendation, I wouldn't know what is ! ! Hello, stranger, you made my day! How's your uncle's dog, by the way?
    Sorry, I can't understand your comment. Anyway, I do not agree with David's remark, unless we are dealing with two different products. The one sold here might have a leather base note which is unperceptible by me.

Blog Entries

i think i trust Pollux' opinion on this....so far.

Thanks Everso for your trust. Anyway, if you just have a chance, try it - I would like to know if I am right or not regarding my appreciation.

Local companies are producing goods with foreign markets in mind: usually these goods are different from the ones sold locally for the simple reason purchasing power has been seriously damaged by the economic crisis of 2000/2001. Thus, goods targeted to the local marketed have to be produced with this context in mind. As simple as that. So chances are we might not be talking about the same product.
    Last edited by Pollux; 12th February 2009 at 07:47 PM.

Looks like they've ripped-off Hermes, with regards to the packaging. Not a good sign, IMHO...

I need to try some leathers
    anyone got samples to spare?

I agree that it's one of the best and most underrated and overlooked scents around, with an entirely different take not only on leather, but also on citrus fragrance.