Code of Conduct

Default My debate must end: Need Help!

Well basenotes, I hope you don't mind me calling for some help. I have debated for days which will be my next fragrance purchase; yes, another one of those threads. I don't feel confident without enlisting the opinions of the experienced here. I recently bought equipage and enjoy the carnation on occasion but I like to wear it in very formal attire.

My debate today is that I was to own one of these kings:

- Kouros

- Polo Green

- Aramis

and although this don't belong amond that list, I was even considering the purchase of Millesime Imperial by Creed. The only Creed I own to date is GIT. I recently ran out of Neroli Savauge but I don't plan to restock it at this time. So, in actuality, I have 4 choices.

My criteria is that it must wow me, not kill my sinuses, and make me want to reach for it with passion. I know this is a personal preference but many here are much more qualifed with these on the list than I. Thanks for your help basenotes.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My debate must end: Need Help!

Oh geez Millesime Imperial without a doubt!
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Thrax

Those 3 on that list right there are real powerhouses. They'll all wow you, maybe not in a good way though.

Kouros all the way.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm prepared to stand the intro of Kouros to get to what lies benath. Are you?

If not, MI it is

Post Thanks / Like

If you want Kouros, you will WANT it. If you are on the fence, then don't bother - LOL.

I would lean toward the Creed in the collection, though, The Polo and Aramis are on your list for reasons - Why would you detour into an entirely other type of frag?
    ===
    “… [I] recall thinking that the computer would never advance much further than this. Call me naïve, but I seemed to have underestimated the universal desire to sit in a hard plastic chair and stare at a screen until your eyes cross.” ~ David Sedaris

Post Thanks / Like

Take the Bois du Portugal. Oh, not on your list of choices

Seeing as you have Black Oud and such in your drobe I seriously would suggest skipping Aramis and getting JHL. The former is a classic, not bad, but a bit dated, but the latter is ingenious.

Kouros - have you tried it on your skin? It's love or hate plus it can work very well on some and turn others into a walking urinal. Creed Orange Spice is a safer alternative.

Sorry for messing so with you choices...
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

I would go for MI. Your collection leans toward you enjoying MI the best. Get a sample of Kouros and wear it a few times before you decide on it. Another option could be Kouros Tattoo Collector Edition. It has a marine (calone) vibe and may be less of a challenge than the original.

In BdP, I find something too sharp in it for me. It gives me a headache. Perhaps it is the lavender which is a note I typically love, especially in encens et lavende. At any rate, because I have the EeL, I felt another lavender fragrance might not be wise. Similarly, since I have Jazz with a cinnamon note, I didn't know if JHL would work either. I smelled it once in a macys and loved it but I remember thinking about my Jazz. However, I might consider it for a future purchase.

Perhaps I'm in the minority here, but I would go with Aramis. It's a scent that can be worn in many situations: office, casual, romantic, casual office, office romance, romantically casual, the grocery store, playing video games, and so on......
    Green Dragon

Aliquando et insanire iucundum est.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'd go with the Miliseme Imperial as well

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking of buying Kouros or Kouros Tattoo myself, so that would be my advice. Take the plunge and don't look back.

I do have a soft spot for Polo Green though.

Ged
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

I am going to get the White Devil and never look back my friend! Indie should go down in the basenotes hall of fame for coining that word. Oddly enough, I asked the SA is he had heard of Tattoo and he has not. This was the boutique in NY. He said the one on 57th street carries more of the fragrances.

Post Thanks / Like

MI is the one!
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Current Rotation: Terre D'Hermes, Boucheron PH, Villoresi Uomo, Green Irish Tweed, Chanel PMC, Gucci PH, Floris Santal, Carven Homme, Dunhill '34, PI by Givenchy, Parfums de Nicolai New York

kouros. it's big, it's bad, and it's what you neeeeeed
    current favourites: guerlain vetiver, trumper eucris, adp colonia
    latest swag: cdg man2, lolita lempicka au masculin
    next buys: keiko mecheri oliban, michael by michael kors

Post Thanks / Like

Polo Green will wow you - wow! this is so damn pungently piney. But the drydown is far softer, multi-faceted and very friendly. For winter, i.e.

Post Thanks / Like

M.I.

I suggest choosing Kouros