Code of Conduct

Default strawberry daiquiri!

So my mom bought new shampoo for me yesterday, it was strawberry daiquiri flavored... and I couldn't help but think that, during the summer, a light and creamy strawberry scent is something I wouldn't mind wearing.

Are there any suggestions on things that smell like this? I know Black XS does, but does anybody else have any recommendations? Thanks!

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: strawberry daiquiri!

Gala by Neil Morris
    Strawberry Ice Cream by Demeter

The only others I can think about are womens scents: Miss Dior Cherie by Dior. Carolina Herrera by Carolina Herrera. Plus there's tons of Bath & Body Works and/or Body Shop fragrances that utilize strawberry notes - not necessarily the best quality, complexity or longevity. But hey, sometimes you just wanna smell like a strawberry daquiri, right Nik?
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Definitely Mike

I guess I'll use that shampoo/conditioner/body wash (three in one!) that my mom gave me.

How's Black XS, anyways? I haven't tried it, no stores around here carry it.

Black XS has alot of strawberries in the dry down, but its also very 'dry' smelling. I personally wouldn't wear it during the day in summer, but at night its nice. It is a good going out frag though.
    If you want to get a feint idea of what it smells like, try Dolce & Gabanna Light Blue. Its quite similar to Black XS, to my nose.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Leifer View Post
    Definitely Mike

I guess I'll use that shampoo/conditioner/body wash (three in one!) that my mom gave me.

How's Black XS, anyways? I haven't tried it, no stores around here carry it.
    I assumed when you mentioned it, you'd already smelled it or owned it.

BXS smells like Smuckers Strawberry Jam and the smell of the fog from a smoke machine mixed together. Goth Pez, to borrow a description Marlen uses. It can be found pretty inexpensive online and I believe someone's selling a used bottle on the Sale boards also.

Good luck!
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 22nd February 2008 at 12:16 AM.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

i think black xs is wearable during the day if you spray sparingly...
    current favourites: guerlain vetiver, trumper eucris, adp colonia
    latest swag: cdg man2, lolita lempicka au masculin
    next buys: keiko mecheri oliban, michael by michael kors