Code of Conduct

Default A neat custom dress shirt desiger program from Brooks Brothers

This is pretty cool. You can design your own dress shirts, down to the smallest details. They run $127 and up, but its kind of fun just to see what your preferences are and design the perfect shirt.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/select...lectshirts.tem

Here's my favorite style:
    Classic blue end on end pencil stripe
    English spread collar (white)
    Two-button barrel cuff (white)
    16 1/2 - 35
    Slim fit
    Center back pleat
    Left chest pocket
    Last edited by Scentronic; 22nd February 2008 at 01:34 AM.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Default Re: A neat custom dress shirt desiger program from Brooks Brothers

That was interesting. I had a lot of fun customizing a shirt, and I kept it at $127.50.
    The color is pretty traditional. Slim fit, left pocket,

guys, if you have even a slight inkling to try BBrothers custom stuff, I couldn't say enough about them. Yeah its not 50 bucks, but you get what you pay for, more often than not. they are insanely hospitable when you deal with them... in fact, their customer service spoils one for others.
    if you ever have the chance to go into their flagship store in NYC, you can get laser scanned for your measurements; some may prefer the old school approach ("which way do you dress, sir?"), but the "Tron" method of sizing is pretty friggin cool.

slim fit, white "londoner" spread collar, pinpoint, thank ye very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic View Post
    You can design your own dress shirts, down to the smallest details.
    Do they allow for any measurements other than collar and sleeve? In other words, is it a truly custom shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    Do they allow for any measurements other than collar and sleeve? In other words, is it a truly custom shirt?
    not from the online page, to my knowledge. although if you go into a Brooks Brothers store large enough to have a tailoring shop, they should be take your specs. I'm not familiar with most of the stores, but I know in NYC the fabric selection is infinitely greater, and they will full-on make you custom clothing.
    an extravagance, to be sure, but try to get British or European rags for the same price. ain't gonna happen. sure, sing to me the praises of Charvet shirts, but they'd best be such lofty robes for the ducats.

So if a guy wanted to spend about a grand ($1000) on a "custom" suit, what do you think would be the best way to go? (maybe I need to start a thread)

I've realized that my freakishly lanky ballet body simply is not going to be perfectly accommodated by any off-the-rack jacket and pants combo, so I want to go custom to get the best fit. I'd like 150's + wool, but I don't need to get extravagant (the guys on askandyaboutclothes would have you believe that anything less than a $2000 Brioni suit is dogshit)

My initial idea was to go with either Brooks Brothers or Burberry, as they are two of the nicest local tailors that will make custom suits. One thing I need to do is compare the number of measurements they each take. I want to look like I was BORN in this suit. (and it has obviously grown, proportionately, with me, of course! )

Anyone care to guide me into my next suit? I feel like the guy with a bottle of acqua di gio showing up to Basenotes and asking for reccommendations! I'm sure some of you could suggest ridiculously expensive suits that only connoisseurs would be able to FULLY appreciate. I really just want the best fit possible.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

honestly, you could get a lot of suit for a grand. Burberry is nice, but the stuff made by the designers in England is both very trendy and monstrously expensive; if that's your steez, then I'd go to a Burberry store, specifically. their suits that look traditional and are more affordable are made overseas in vast quantity. I think I need say no more.
    Again, I'll carry on my booster for Brooks Brothers. my opinion would be to go "made to measure." this means an existing suit that has been altered by the tailors at the store so, essentially, it is custom re-cut to you. aside from going fully bespoke, its the best way to go.
    Other stores in the same price range/ quality level that would do this for you would be Hickey Freeman (love 'em) or J Press. J Banks don't know shirts from shinola and I wouldn't buy anything from them.

On an aside, the Trad forum at askandy...com is where its at. sure there will be sheep who tell you to go Saville Row, but in all honesty, some of the best shit I've gotten is from thrift stores or secondhand stores.... Trad is the message board for people who know that you could spend 5000 on a suit, but that mode only involves money, not imagination. To have a dress suit that befits that fragrance collection you have doesn't need to cost a ton.

Find a good tailor is, I guess, the moral of the story here.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic View Post
    I've realized that my freakishly lanky ballet body simply is not going to be perfectly accommodated by any off-the-rack jacket and pants combo, so I want to go custom to get the best fit.
    I'm a thin person as well. 136 lb (62 kg), 5'11" (180 cm).
    However, if I search long enough I usually find something that has a perfect fit. My main problem is usually with the pants. I rarely find pants that fit without modification.
    Last time I was looking for a suit I was searching for ideas online, these suits from Emporio Armani were the best I came across, and they seem to have a fit for slim people: http://www.emporioarmani.com/searchR...7/layoutType/1
    Last edited by Mostapha; 24th February 2008 at 06:14 AM.

nice link..

very good service from brooks.

rave pants
    Last edited by kathyivey; 17th February 2014 at 04:43 AM.