Code of Conduct

Default Montana Parfum d'Homme (Red)

Thank you Bront82 and Azsmells for discussing this hidden gem here:

http://community.basenotes.net/showt...hlight=montana

I bought a bottle of Montana Red last week and it arrived today. It is indeed similar to Havana, albeit my memory of that scent is from 10 years ago.

Starts reminiscent of Fendi Uomo's harsh opening, but slowly settles to reveal the spicy accord similar to Havana. A bit drier, woodier and less boozy, but very good QPR at $20 for 125mLs! Horrendously ugly bottle though! This'll be one I'll hide in the hall of shame, only to be pulled out for surreptitious sprays. What on earth is it supposed to be? A skyscraper?

Ged
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

Default Re: Montana Parfum d'Homme (Red)

I don't really see that much of a resemblance. Some people say that if you took Havana, and removed the tobacco & bay rum and replaced those notes with incense & musk, you would have Montana. While I agree to an extent, those differences in notes completely change the fragrance for me. Montana is a good scent, and I don't see why you couldn't have both in your wardrobe. For me however, I think Havana (especially Havana Reserva) is a special scent that I will do my best to never be without. Yes it's expensive, but in my mind, I consider it a niche fragrance (which it really is at this point) that I'll gladly spend the extra money to keep in my wardrobe... Some people enjoy Creeds & SL's, I will enjoy Havana!

I think the bottle is supposed to represent a "montana"--a mountain!
    A very good choice. Enjoy!
    RM

I love this fragrance! The bottle is nice it is so Claude Montana. It does represent a masculine version of the women's (which is great unisex scent) -

Last edited by scentimus; 22nd February 2008 at 03:42 AM.

Hi all ... I got my bottle a few days ago ...the red .. First impressions nice !! and strangely it did remind me of one other one in my collection but Im not exactly sure which one ? .. silly but true .
    I have never sampled Havana and so can't compare , but I presume Havana is thicker , richer & stronger ?
    Anyway I will wear Montana it later in the week properly .
    cheers

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Thank you Bront82 and Azsmells for discussing this hidden gem here:

http://community.basenotes.net/showt...hlight=montana

Horrendously ugly bottle though! This'll be one I'll hide in the hall of shame, only to be pulled out for surreptitious sprays. What on earth is it supposed to be? A skyscraper?

Ged
    I believe the bottle is supposed to be a 'glacier'.
    I wouldn't call it ugly, but at the same time it isn't one of the finest.....but its different.

I don't quite detest the bottle.

As for the juice, I prefer the one in the blue box.