Code of Conduct

Default My latest arrival of scents...

Since Jan 08 I have been buying. And the new ones are Zino Davidoff, Burberry Touch (not a blind buy), Black by Pierre Cardin and Basi Homme. Only Touch is not a blind buy.

I just sprayed Zino on my arm, and...............................want to thank people here, it is so brilliant and my type of scent--dark, deep and so smooth. I could smell vanilla up front, which is done in a different way compared to vanilla in Pi. This one is smooth, and creamy. I can't say too much now, must wait for its drydown. And I hope they won't discontinue this one. Zino is not available in Thailand.

I will test the other 2 later and will post my impression. No need to talk about Touch. I have a 5ml-bottle and like it so I bought it.

Another one on the way is Silver Romance, which is a blind buy as well. I must say that my blind buys have been very satisfactory. It was done by reading reviews here. Scents I bought at the annual sale are not as good as these, because I tested too many scents and got blurred. I sold many bottles bought from those places.

Now...I'd like to hear your opinion regarding Zino, Basi Homme, Black by Pierre Cardin and Silver Romance.
    ------------------------------------------------

Just to update. After wearing Zino, I walked past my mum, and she immediately said "Are you wearing female scent?" I said "No it's a male scent." But then I think it could be unisex as it's creamy and has a hint of rose.

I have already tested the other 2. Basi Homme is not a big surprise. I find it similar to John Varvatos, but somewhat richer and woodier. It's almost a perfect scent for a hot date! And Black by Pierre Cardin is a fresh fruity scent, not woody at all. It has a hint of Unforgivable, but smells cheaper than the celebrity scent. About the packaging, I don't like that the word 'black' comes in a similar font to that of Black XS, and the bottle has no printing, nothing except the bottom of it.
    Last edited by KiatBkk; 22nd February 2008 at 06:52 PM.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Default Re: My latest arrival of scents...

Hello Kiatt ... Zino is brilliant ... lasts a long time !! and has superb sillage , almost as good in both departments as Bogart .. which you will have the pleasure of trying very soon .
    Im also very interested in the PC Black & Basi and how you compare the strength of these to Zino ... cheers .

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Default Re: My latest arrival of scents...

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    Hello Kiatt ... Zino is brilliant ... lasts a long time !! and has superb sillage , almost as good in both departments as Bogart .. which you will have the pleasure of trying very soon .
    Im also very interested in the PC Black & Basi and how you compare the strength of these to Zino ... cheers .
    Hi Jim, I love Zino as it defines my character in many ways. My mum was funny really, but I guess she isn't familiar with many different scents. I never got asked "Why do you wear different scents everyday?" I guess one day she will, lol.

I wear Basi Homme today, and I think its sillage is not as strong as Zino, but it lasts long and is kind of a skin scent. It's also similar to John Varvatos in my opinion, but darker. I like it though.

About PC Black, I haven't given it a full wearing yet, but will wear it tomorrow at home and out to play badminton. I'll see what reaction would it display when mixed with sweat. However, as the review said, it has a hint of Unforgivable, but what I can say now is that they are in the same family.

Will let you know once 5 atomizers arrive! Cheers...
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto