Code of Conduct

Default Newbie question about longevity on a guy who doesn't sweat much.

From what I can tell, it seems that fragrances stay "true" on me and last a long time. People can't believe how little I sweat (no chest hair probably helps, right?). Is this usually the way it works?
    Thanks.

Default Re: Newbie question about longevity on a guy who doesn't sweat much.

sweating doesn't really affect longevity in my personal experience, but who knows!
    current favourites: guerlain vetiver, trumper eucris, adp colonia
    latest swag: cdg man2, lolita lempicka au masculin
    next buys: keiko mecheri oliban, michael by michael kors

Also in my experience sweat doesn't affect much the lasting power. It's more about the PH of your skin and hence of your sweat too. Other important component is the dryness of your skin: well balanced or even a bit greasy skins seem to keep the scents better.
    For example I sweat normally, have hair but not very acid skin and many juices last more than 8 hours on me. Just citrus scents don't last much but we all know citrus is so volatile after all...

I have extremely dry skin and fragrances others call "fleeting" seem to last on me all day, so I'm not convinced dryness has anything to do with it. Where did that come from, I wonder? It is oft repeated, yet I've never seen anything scientific of fact based to back it up. I do have a very sensitive nose, so maybe that's why I smell things longer than others? Really can't explain the contradiction. I don't sweat a lot, either, unless I'm sick. No chest hair, lol!!
    Last edited by beachroses; 23rd February 2008 at 03:46 PM.