Code of Conduct

Default AQVA Marine - I am digging this stuff?

I have to admit that this flanker is better then the original in this case! The scent is very revved up on marine notes which are deeper and intense giving the iodine brine wet after a thunderstorm smell

Amazing! It very much reminds me of the potent marine accords of the very early 1990 with such scents as Escape for women and New West for women. The original Aqva was just too spicy peppery woody for my taste in a water scent - where this version really gives a bang for the buck.

This scent really last a long time on my skin too. I had a gift card burning a hole and pocket and this was a necessity for this spring and summer.

Default Re: AQVA Marine - I am digging this stuff?

Trying to get my hands on a bottle (okay, pebble) of this stuff, but the stores here are stocking this new item quite slowly.

My initial thought when I sampled it at an airport was: "marine version of Herrera 212 men". Did you feel the same?
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Quote Originally Posted by Stereotomy View Post
    Trying to get my hands on a bottle (okay, pebble) of this stuff, but the stores here are stocking this new item quite slowly.

My initial thought when I sampled it at an airport was: "marine version of Herrera 212 men". Did you feel the same?
    Yeah I can see the 212 MEN connection because of the florals.

i enjoyed it but it's like they removed whatever it was that made the orriginal interesting. the reason i liked aqva was because it was one of the first interesting aquatics i've smelt. i like marine, but don't find it quite as compelling
    current favourites: guerlain vetiver, trumper eucris, adp colonia
    latest swag: cdg man2, lolita lempicka au masculin
    next buys: keiko mecheri oliban, michael by michael kors

I counldn't tolerate the original because its too sweet for me. Sweet fragrances give me a headache. So, I won't be excited to try the version. I don't really like it when versions of a fragrance comes out. I feel the time and money should be funneled into comming up with something totally unique and different.

That's so funny because I have problems with the original because it's too dry (as opposed to sweet). Apart from the first 5 seconds I cannot detect *any* sweetnesses in the original Aqua.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    I have to admit that this flanker is better then the original in this case! The scent is very revved up on marine notes which are deeper and intense giving the iodine brine wet after a thunderstorm smell

Amazing!
    I'm amused by it. Didn't like the original, but yesterday I had the chance to try this new Marine. Alas just on a little spot, because by the time I discovered it, my hands had been used up for Davidoff Adventure and Burberry. But even from that little spot -and from the paperstrip- I judge that in its class it's a very-very interesting clean scent. Way better than the original which I washed up. Great discovery and I'm happy that not just for me.
    Last edited by Sandy; 24th February 2008 at 07:17 PM.

Thumbs up Re: AQVA Marine - I am digging this stuff?

Aqua Marine is good stuff. It retains enough of the seaweed notes from the original to keep it from becoming "just another aquatic."

It's nice that it doesn't give me that deodorant/shower gel vibe like so many other aquatic scents.

I received some this month (gift), I'll be using it this Summer. (Still too cold & rainy here.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    I'm amused by it. Didn't like the original, but yesterday I had the chance to try this new Marine. Alas just on a little spot, because by the time I discovered it, my hands had been used up for Davidoff Adventure and Burberry. But even from that little spot -and from the paperstrip- I judge that in its class it's a very-very interesting clean scent. Way better than the original which I washed up. Great discovery and I'm happy that not just for me.
    did u try the new davidoff ADVENTURE ???

Blog Entries

I might look into replacing my regular Aqva with this since whenever I wear the original, since I "know" it's a marine/seaweed smell, I'm okay with it. However, people around me, I'm always afraid they'd think I smell like pee. =/

Quote Originally Posted by omniray View Post
    did u try the new davidoff ADVENTURE ???
    Yep. This one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvldSrhscuo

I non-offensive, rather light scent, I see similarities with Trussardi Inside. A don't think it would hurt anybody, but as for now it will not be my favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawk Lee View Post
    I might look into replacing my regular Aqva with this since whenever I wear the original, since I "know" it's a marine/seaweed smell, I'm okay with it. However, people around me, I'm always afraid they'd think I smell like pee. =/
    Or that there's rotten seaweed in your pockets.

how come some website retailers have this cologne listed as for women?

http://www.fragrancenet.com/f/net/wf...ter=B&gs_gen=W
    listed under the women section

is it a unisex scent?

i just smelled marine and i think that its nice, but offers nothing new to the world of fragrance. Its amazing to me that bulgari would continue to put out scents that smell just alike, over and over. Its nice smelling stuff, im just not gonna throw down 50 bucks for it.

Quote Originally Posted by hypergear View Post
    how come some website retailers have this cologne listed as for women?

http://www.fragrancenet.com/f/net/wf...ter=B&gs_gen=W
    listed under the women section

is it a unisex scent?
    From the picture below you can see 'pour homme' - which is correct, regarding the scent itself

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/produc...tegoryID=26317

The person who won my ebay auction for this scent (Bvlgari Aqva Marine) has not paid yet. I'll post it back on the sell board if they back out.

Is this a Macy's exclusive in the US right now, by some chance? Nordstrom, Sephora, Neiman Marcus, and Saks (the usual suspects, which you expect to have new Bvlgari scents before Macy's does) don't have it on their websites.

But if it is "only@macy's" right now, I find this odd: I was at the local Macy's yesterday and they still didn't have it... in fact, all the Bvlgari men's fragrances were pushed to the back shelf. Too bad, because I really want to try this.

Maybe I'll have to wait until Von Maur and Ulta get it in, or at least hope that the local Macy's gets a tester and bottles soon...
    Last edited by MFfan310; 26th February 2008 at 10:28 PM.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) Musk Oud - By Kilian
    4) Encre Noire - Lalique
    5)
    M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

I've only seen it at Macy's. I like the original AQVA -- And have surprisingly been complimented on it quite a few times. It doesn't strike me as a 'Mass Appeal' scent. I'm not sure what to make of Marine, the initial blast seemed a little medicinal. Though, then it went through a phase where it reminded me of Erolfa (I'm not entirely sure why, the subsequent side-by-side revealed no obvious similarities).

So.... coin toss for me at the moment.

I'm another fan of this....nothing to add really...just got it yesterday and I really like it....good longevity too.
    I'm on hour 6 and it is still smokin'

Quote Originally Posted by Stereotomy View Post
    Or that there's rotten seaweed in your pockets.
    Umm nope. I get quite a few compliments on Aqua, never once has anyone said anything but negative.
    I have: Davidoff Relax, Dior Homme Sport, Boss Selection, Azzaro Visit, and Creed MI (will provide # on bottle for verification) available.

Looking for the following: DG The One, Himalaya, YSL L'Homme, John Varvatos (not vintage) Canali For Men or Paypal.

New Aqva Marine is not necessarily a bad fragrance, tho it does smell alot like many of the 90's "turquoise blue" scents. That was part of the appeal of the OG Aqva.....it smelled unique, a genuine aquatic dominated by the seagrass(posidonia) note. I was very dissapointed with Marine's almost complete lack of this unique note. It'll probly sell well with those who disliked the OG.

Emmm frankly the top/initial notes of Old Aqva is a bit harsh/sharp for my nose. But the sharpness mellowed down after it got mixed with sweat. It is a great scent in a hot and humid climate like Malaysia. I really can detect/smell the saltiness of the sea air in Old Aqva liquid. Longevity is great in hot weather (umm maybe that's because of my skin?). I haven't tested Aqva Marine though. Still not available in Malaysia. One need to fly to Singapore to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    New Aqva Marine is not necessarily a bad fragrance, tho it does smell alot like many of the 90's "turquoise blue" scents. That was part of the appeal of the OG Aqva.....it smelled unique, a genuine aquatic dominated by the seagrass(posidonia) note. I was very dissapointed with Marine's almost complete lack of this unique note. It'll probly sell well with those who disliked the OG.
    At least according the creator Jacques Cavallier, the 'posidonia note has been underlined'. You may read it on www.bulgari.com, at the new fragrances. Tomorrow I'll give it one more try to see it.

I recently picked up a couple of samples of this and am kind of undecided about it. I really like the original and think that may be holding me back from making a decision on this fragrance. I'm saving what I have left in the samples for the summer to make a decision about it. It's pretty cold here and it doesn't really do it any justice.