Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution

Default Is Tom Ford Beauty ending it's relationship with Estee Lauder?

I remember reading somewhere (at an online blog) a rumour that Tom Ford Beauty and the contract that they had with Estee Lauder distribution was coming up on it's expiration and supposedly Tom Ford was going to take his beauty and fragrance line solo. I didn't pay attention to it, but then recently I noticed 2 things:

- While shopping on the Lauder website, I noticed that the two (2) fragrances he did for Lauder: Youth Dew Amber Nude and Azuree Soleil were not listed as Lauder fragrances anymore.
    - Today I was at Nordstrom's and I stopped by the Lauder counter to see if they had any Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia parfum to test (they didn't) and I noticed they also did not have YDAN or AS on the shelf for sale. In addition, they DID have a new fragrance called Bronze Goddess. The Bronze Goddess is part of a Bronze/Sun Tan line of products (shimmery body lotion, liquid bronzer, lipstick) as well as a body oil version of Bronze Goddess (picture below) JUST LIKE Azuree Soleil. Hmm...

Anyone have any information about this?

I guess I could care less who distributes Tom Ford fragrances - but most importantly, does this mean Youth Dew Amber Nude is discontinued?

Last edited by mikeperez23; 23rd February 2008 at 08:22 PM.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Default Re: Is Tom Ford Beauty ending it's relationship with Estee Lauder?

did you check to see if there were any similaries between bronze goddess and azuree soleil?
    current favourites: guerlain vetiver, trumper eucris, adp colonia
    latest swag: cdg man2, lolita lempicka au masculin
    next buys: keiko mecheri oliban, michael by michael kors

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by chad278 View Post
    did you check to see if there were any similaries between bronze goddess and azuree soleil?
    Yes - BG is very similar to AS. Same structure, sillage and longevity - perhaps a tad less creamy (which is fine with me) and more orange, I think the top notes of orange pulp are very detectable. IMO it is a fine replacement for AS.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

I don't have much in the way of hard information, but I did notice the other day while at Ulta that they were running an Estée Lauder promotion where you receive a bottle of YDAN with the purchase of any two EL fragrances. I think it was the 1.0 oz. bottle. So who knows, maybe EL is getting rid of it all...
    Life is a banquet...and I got botulism! -- Me

He's what i got from my sources:

The "Tom Ford Estee Lauder Collection" collaboration is over, as originally planned.

Tom Ford Beauty will remain with EL Companies Inc.

Amber Nude will be repackaged minus the Tom Ford name.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by TheCure View Post
    He's what i got from my sources:

The "Tom Ford Estee Lauder Collection" collaboration is over, as originally planned.

Tom Ford Beauty will remain with EL Companies Inc.

Amber Nude will be repackaged minus the Tom Ford name.
    Thanks R.