Code of Conduct

Default is it fair to buy Millésime Impérial ?

I tasted it two weeks ago it was really great for me ,, I love it!!

but is it fair to buy Millésime Impérial ?

considering the

# similarities between it and Unforgivable (I didn't try Unforgivable)

# and what about the longevity thing ?

dose it deserve paying 125$ ?

Default Re: is it fair to buy Millésime Impérial ?

"Fair" is a relative thing. If can afford it and like it - you ought to get it.

If you might buy Unforgivable (thinking that on you might work better than the other one) - then I would try it first - then make up your mind!
    ===
    “… [I] recall thinking that the computer would never advance much further than this. Call me naďve, but I seemed to have underestimated the universal desire to sit in a hard plastic chair and stare at a screen until your eyes cross.” ~ David Sedaris

no, it deserves to be paid $220 for.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

^^^
    ^^
    ^

you just make me want to buy it now ^ _ ^

Bromo in fair I ment those who have Millésime Impérial dose they regret it couse of Unforgivable or longevity ?

thanx to both of you

Buy what you like.
    “They aren't connected . . . they aren't mafia. Not with names like Tuner Watson” - Jim Rockford

Step 1: Try Unforgivable.

Step 2: Buy Unforgivable.

Step 3: Tell everyone that you are wearing Millesime Imperial by Creed.

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post

I tasted it two weeks ago it was really great for me ,, I love it!!
    You're not supposed to eat the stuff buddy, spray it on yourself!!!!
    You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends under the couch.

Quote Originally Posted by somethinpositiv View Post

Amen to that! I have yet another suggestion for a similar Creed fragrance:

Step 1: Try Cool Water

Step 2: Buy Cool Water

Step 3: Tell everyone that you are wearing Green Irish Tweed by Creed.

Now that's too F****g funny

But I think it's fair to Oliver Henry

As to Unforgivable (or GIT/Cool Water, for that matter), spray a little of each one on the back of your hands or wrists and compare them for an hour through drydown. If you think they are the same, buy the cheaper one. If you think they dont, and you think the MI smells better (which i suspect you will), get a bottle or at least a decant from our jolly band of BNers (smile).

The only problem with this is that the average Creed reseller probably wouldn't have Unforgivable, so you may have to ask for a sample of one or the other. Unless you wear a fake Rolex, dont buy the cheap one to pretend to have the other.

After an hour cool water smells in no way as good as GIT. Period.
    As for M.I.; I am a firm believer that Creed is one of the best houses to buy from.
    Yes, there will be similarities out there BUT..They just aint as good.
    If you can afford it, Then do it. If not, Then dont.

P.S. The ONLY comparable scent to GIT that is VERY good is T&H Freshman.
    Last edited by mttafire; 26th January 2008 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mttafire View Post
    After an hour cool water smells in no way as good as GIT. Period.
    As for M.I.; I am a firm believer that Creed is one of the best houses to buy from.
    Yes, there will be similarities out there BUT..They just aint as good.
    If you can afford it, Then do it. If not, Then dont.

P.S. The ONLY comparable scent to GIT that is VERY good is T&H Freshman.
    I bet you can't tell the difference if somone is wearing GIT or Bond Chez Bond.
    Its the same juice in different bottles.

gupts

Quote Originally Posted by Leifer View Post
    Amen to that! I have yet another suggestion for a similar Creed fragrance:

Step 1: Try Cool Water

Step 2: Buy Cool Water

Step 3: Tell everyone that you are wearing Green Irish Tweed by Creed.

Only if they smell you within the first 20 minutes of application!

THe drydown it pure GIT

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

BTW, my reference to Rolex doesn't mean that I equate Creed to Rolex. Personally, I wear a vintage Omega Seamaster Deville!

I still think the basic idea of comparing head to head is always the best idea. I certainly think the Creeds would win, but not everyone's nose and price/value ratio is the same.
    Last edited by RichmondR; 27th January 2008 at 01:15 AM.

I would purchase a bottle of Millesime Imperial in a heartbeat (especially with the new bottle) and after a day's wearing you will know that it was money well spent. Although I do find clear similarities between Unforgivable and MI, Creed's offering is absolutely superior, particularly in the middle and base notes. Unforgivable, on the other hand, is filled with artificial smelling notes, along with the fact that it's simply a blatant rip-off of MI. You will remind yourself of this if you decide to go with the Puff Daddy juice. Just say no.
    You are not your perfume.

Basenotes Plus

Unforgivable is nowhere near as nice as Mi. Its more fresh, where as MI is more rich. Buy MI, even though the bottle leaks
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

I tried unforgivable yesterday and it smelled like orange soda pop on my hand. Not quite Creed IMHO. But everyone's body chemistry is different!

But if you buy a very expensive scent, and then find a cheaper one that smells similar enough to you and the same level of goodness, thank your lucky stars and buy it.

If you have bought a frag and then find someone who came wihtin a stone's throw of it - you may want to pick it up and then let the more expensive on last longer!

Interestingly enough - I have found if there is even a hint of that synthetic aquatic/ozone note in a frag - my body amps it up and all I can smell is that note to the expense of all else! What a shame since while very 1-D, it makes them smell decent on paper.
    ===
    “… [I] recall thinking that the computer would never advance much further than this. Call me naďve, but I seemed to have underestimated the universal desire to sit in a hard plastic chair and stare at a screen until your eyes cross.” ~ David Sedaris

After the first minute it smells nothing like Unforgivable and worth the extra in my opinion

Unforgiveable is close to Millesime Imperial in the opening. I do detect some difference in the
    fragrances, though. I prefer MI.

If you can afford it, get the Creed. Frankly, I have no interest in supporting Puffy's products,
    but even if that issue did not exist, the Creed is still the better scent. [They are still close, though.]

M. Imperial is for me strong...the longtivity is good...holds the whole day...the basenote is strong. I don´t understand why everybody says that this fragrance holds only 4 or 5 hours! I got both M. Imperial and Unforgivable...for me Unforgivable have no lasting power...I got 7 Millésime bottles...they all worth it. You will understand if you wear Creed for a longer time.

Quote Originally Posted by P-Natra View Post
    I got 7 Millésime bottles...they all worth it. You will understand if you wear Creed for a longer time.
    I don't understand the need for more than 1 bottle of the same fragrance. 2 maybe, but 7? Especially of a fragrance with high-quality natural ingredients that will spoil, such as with Creed? Why not buy a new bottle after you finish the old one, rather than have all 7 bottles be no-good five years from now? Then again, I'm not rich, so maybe I'm not one to understand the logic behind it. However, if you had 7 bottles of Unforgivable, well, it's synthetic with a half-life of 50 years, so it'll last forever

I don't understand the need for more than 1 bottle of the same fragrance. 2 maybe, but 7? Especially of a fragrance with high-quality natural ingredients that will spoil, such as with Creed? Why not buy a new bottle after you finish the old one, rather than have all 7 bottles be no-good five years from now? Then again, I'm not rich, so maybe I'm not one to understand the logic behind it. However, if you had 7 bottles of Unforgivable, well, it's synthetic with a half-life of 50 years, so it'll last forever
    I think he probably means that he has 7 different Creed Millesime's and not 7 Creed Millesime Imperial bottles....

gupts

That´s right 7 different Millésime Creed bottles...and everyone is worth it....Green Irish Tweed; Original Santal; Original Vetiver; Erolfa; Silver Mountain Water (wearing it today), M. Imperial, Virgin Island Water.

Dude, I thought you meant 7 bottles of Creed Millesime Imperial, my bad dude. I totally misunderstood. hahaha

To me, this post should say, "Is it fair to buy Unforgivable?"...MI is the original and Unforgivable is just another Puff Daddy remix.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave88 View Post
    To me, this post should say, "Is it fair to buy Unforgivable?"...MI is the original and Unforgivable is just another Puff Daddy remix.
    word.
    You are not your perfume.

To me, Unforgivable is NOT as enjoyable as MI. To me, the important question is how much one enjoys a fragrance. If you can't tell the difference, go for best value. If you can tell the difference, go for what you like best. I can tell the difference and I like MI better than Unforgivable.

I got 7 Millésime bottles...they all worth it. You will understand if you wear Creed for a longer time.
    Dude - you'd better put them in your fridge - Millesime Imperial goes bad relatively fast in the topnotes!
    --------------------------------------
    That´s right 7 different Millésime Creed bottles...and everyone is worth it....Green Irish Tweed; Original Santal; Original Vetiver; Erolfa; Silver Mountain Water (wearing it today), M. Imperial, Virgin Island Water.
    Oops, misunderstood!
    --------------------------------------
    And just to backup what others are saying on the whole thing about Creeds and their imitations - when you first spray on Unforgiveable, Mugler Cologne, Cool Water, Original Santal or Paco Ultraviolet they do smell very much like MI, OV, GIT, Joop! and Himalaya respectively - however, after like two minutes there is a HUGE difference. Mostly I'd say that difference is the whole Ambergris/Musk Creed accord (though OV doesn/t have it). It makes the fragrances 3-D vs their 2D imitators. It adds a whole other dimension, and it also makes them last alot longer.

MI for example lasts a really, really long time, and most fragrances don't last long on me.

There is at least one Creed that isn't radically different from it's imitator, and that's Orange Spice vs Kouros. They are different, but Orange Spice doesn't have that Creed Accord. It's cleaner and fresher than Kouros, and to my nose more alive, but Kouros is stronger and denser.
    Last edited by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR; 29th January 2008 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    CREED: Chevrefeuille, SMW, BdP, Aventus
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale
    YSL: Vintage M7

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread

^I agree that the imitators are all very very similar on paper for a minute or two, mainly while the alcohol still makes both smell symthetic. After the alcohol evaporates, differences are clear. On the drydown, differences become very easy to smell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromo33333 View Post
    I tried unforgivable yesterday and it smelled like orange soda pop on my hand. Not quite Creed IMHO. But everyone's body chemistry is different!
    No, it's not chemistry, on paper or clothes the regular Unforgivable smells like this orange soda.
    The Sean John Multi-Platinum is much better, and is very comprable to MI in the citrus top. However, Multi-Platinum still misses the aquatic saltiness and melon very prominent in certain bottles of MI.

We all know that Creed MI is higher quality than Unforgivable.

However, let's take a hypothetical situation: the juice in Millesime Imperial was in Unforgivable bottles, and the juice in Unforgivable was in Millesime Imperial. If this were the case, I would bet money that people here would still say that the Creed was better than the "Puff Daddy Remix Juice" (even though, in this situation, the Unforgivable had higher quality juice).

I feel that here on Basenotes, we are biased to love Creed, and to believe that Creed can do no wrong.

I feel that here on Basenotes, we are biased to love Creed, and to believe that Creed can do no wrong.
    I feel so too

gupts

Not to take this off topic (and I think that the original question has been thoroughly answered), but your claim about most BN'ers not reacting to the bottle switch is quite absurd and assumes that most BN'ers are nose blind. Who exactly has forced you to buy and love Creed? I think you like a lot of Bond no. 9 fragrances .. has anyone here ever insulted or abused you for that? I don't think so. BN'ers might have personal favorites but they are here for discussing a varied set of new (and old) fragrances be they Creed, Bond, Lutens, or whatever.
    -

GIT got also characteristics to Egoiste Platinum...specially in the middle-note...try it...I don´t why

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Not to take this off topic (and I think that the original question has been thoroughly answered), but your claim about most BN'ers not reacting to the bottle switch is quite absurd and assumes that most BN'ers are nose blind. Who exactly has forced you to buy and love Creed? I think you like a lot of Bond no. 9 fragrances .. has anyone here ever insulted or abused you for that? I don't think so. BN'ers might have personal favorites but they are here for discussing a varied set of new (and old) fragrances be they Creed, Bond, Lutens, or whatever.
    Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Creed. Take a look at my wardrobe for the number of Creeds that I own (7 now, 16 including previously owned), and the ratings I have given them. I'm not sure why Bond No.9 has to be brought into the equation every time Creeds are mentioned (besides from the obvious plagiarisms), and while it's true that my favourite fragrance is Bleecker Street, I only have 3 Bonds in my collection (one of which is a 10ml decant, and one that is about to be put up on eBay). Bring on the abuse! And I have never said that Chez Bond was superior to Green Irish Tweed, that Wall Street was superior to Millesime Imperial, or that Hamptons was superior to Silver Mountain Water, because none of that is true in my opinion. How did I suddenly become a shill for Bond No.9?

While a great deal of Basenoters are fragrance connoisseurs with sharp noses, such as yourself zztop, I dare say most people (even most Basenoters, as we do have a lot of newbies, just as I was 6 months ago) are somewhat "nose blind" as you say, and if you told them that this fragrance had a better reputation and was more expensive than another one, they would be predisposed to enjoy that fragrance more than the other one. This is especially true of Creed, where in many cases very good frags like Unforgivable are automatically dismissed for not have the "Creed" name. I stand by my original statement about the bottle switch.

I was turned to Creed because of these fragrance boards, and I have everyone to thank for that. No one has "forced" me to buy or enjoy Creeds, I tried some out for myself and enjoyed them. It is a magnificent fragrance house that has turned out many classics. Yet among the classics, there are plenty of duds. I fear that the Creed cult is perhaps getting out of hand, and soon people will start to believe that Zeste Mandarin Pamplemousse is something amazing, just because of the Creed name (apologies to ZMP fans).

Anyways, zztop, I'm not sure what you meant by your statement, besides disagreeing with the hypothetical "bottle switch", but I stand firmly by my original statement.
    Last edited by somethinpositiv; 30th January 2008 at 07:28 AM.

*First Post*

I can't whole heartedly tell you I believe personally a bottle of MI is worth the price tag, if I am totally honest.

I have several other Creeds and love them and would happily pay what I did to get them once more, however, from the decant of MI, I recieved from a good friend, I can't understand the hype behind this scent.

However, different scents work for different people and we all have our own personal favourite notes, so no one will be able to tell you over the internet if something is worth the money without having smelt how it worked on you and with you.

I wouldn't buy it, would buy another creed instead, however if MI works for you get it. Just make sure you've sampled it and maybe lived in it for a small period in time (a day should do) to know you want to spend as much on it.

Blog Entries

I still can't forgive Diddy for giving the green light for that horrid Notorious BIG remix album from two years ago which featured vocals from guys Biggie would have never worked with. I really can't.

Anyway, back to the fragrance. I haven't smelled the original, but the Diddy rip off ain't bad. I think for it's price point, IMO, it costs too much for what it is.

Unforgiveable is the skin of MI stuffed with a bunch of lies....Buy MI, buy the original...I hate "me toos" when it come to fragrances...plus MI and UNforgiveable is like comparing a Yuengling to a Michelob Dark...just not the same...although one poses to be "just like_____" only better....

Smile Re: is it fair to buy Millésime Impérial ?

I would suggest not wasting your money on Unforgivable, only later to end up buying Creed MI anyway. I've tried Unforgivable and it's nice, but it lasts all of 10 minutes. I've heard this same complaint from others. Definitely go with Creed MI. It smells nicer and lasts longer and you'll feel better wearing it. I own MI and enjoy it very much.
    Last edited by jeffrey; 30th January 2008 at 09:02 PM.
    Top 6: Amerigo Vespucci, by Kilian A Taste of Heaven, Serge Lutens Borneo 1834, Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta, Creed Bois du Portugal, Barney's New York Route du The

Quote Originally Posted by Pugsley_f5 View Post
    Unforgiveable is the skin of MI stuffed with a bunch of lies....Buy MI, buy the original...I hate "me toos" when it come to fragrances...plus MI and UNforgiveable is like comparing a Yuengling to a Michelob Dark...just not the same...although one poses to be "just like_____" only better....
    My problem with people putting that scenario on the table is the fact that almost all scents are [relatively speaking] based off another scent. So many smell alike, it's incredible. Should we all wear the original maker of a specific 'genre' of scents? Or are you implying Unforgivable takes away from MI because Creed exhibits 'class' and 'social-scent-status'..? Seems that way in my books. Put this scenario on the table; Unforgivable is brand spanking new, but from Creed. MI came out years ago some some artists, whom people may or may not like as a person... but the scent is terrific, rave reviews. It's a staple in peoples closets for years. All of a sudden, Creed.. a company that makes the powerhouse [and pricey] colognes steps up and creates Unforgivable.. What would people say? I'd say somewhere along the the lines of..."Creeds interpretation of MI is a far greater scent." "Creed did an excellent job of making this similar scent to MI." ETC. People would say how great it is.. not how it is a cheat.
    I have: Davidoff Relax, Dior Homme Sport, Boss Selection, Azzaro Visit, and Creed MI (will provide # on bottle for verification) available.

Looking for the following: DG The One, Himalaya, YSL L'Homme, John Varvatos (not vintage) Canali For Men or Paypal.

The other day, I smelled CK Man and damned if it didn't immediately remind me of two perfumes: Dior's Fahrenheit and Bond No. 9's Riverside Drive.

I don't like CK Man any less nor do I Fahrenheit and Riverside Drive. I wouldn't buy it CK Man though because I already have Fahrenheit and Riverside Drive and so, for me, I don't buy perfumes that smell alike.

I have a sample of Creed MI and a bottle of Unforgivable my wife bought me for Christmas. The Creed is a bit more subtle and refined while Unforgivable is like a six-year-old on Christmas morning: a noisy energy. However, they both give me similar impressions in the long run (Unforgivable lasts a good eight hours on me) so I won't be buying MI.

If I'd owned MI before I smelled Unforgivable, I wouldn't buy Unforgivable.
    I think that's a reasonable middle-of-the-road opinion, don't you? ;-)
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Thumbs up Re: is it fair to buy Millésime Impérial ?

Thanx really I get benefit from everyone

TO be honest I think I am buying it soon .. I have 3 creed (GIT,HIMALAYA,OV) and the fact that I didn't detect similarities between GIT and cool water bother me

Millésime Impérial: I hope you will like me the way I do for you, I hope you are not a disappointed one .

enjoy
    Last edited by nova; 1st February 2008 at 10:40 AM.

MI is terrific. You shouldn't be dissappointed!

When is it unfair to buy Creed MI:

--If you think Sean John 'Unforgivable' is as good as Creed MI
    or
    --If you cannot afford Creed MI and you are happy with 'Unforgivable'

When is it fair to buy Creed MI

--If you think Creed MI is far superior to Sean John 'Unforgivable'
    or
    --If you can afford Creed MI and you feel that Creed MI deserves to be more expensive because its superior to 'Unforgivable'

gupts

GIT got also characteristics to Egoiste Platinum...specially in the middle-note...try it...I don´t why
    I thought Himalaya smelled a bit similar to Egoiste Platinum. But maybe I'm just imagining.